Game Day Round 6 : West Coast v Geelong Sat 24/4 @ Graveyard Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong going with Stanley and some combo of Henry, Blicavs, ??? In support. If Vardy can’t be a net positive this week his papers should be stamped.

We will likely do what we did last week which is Stanley rucks the majority, Henry back up ruck around the ground and Hawkins rucks in forward 50 as usual.

Frustrating thing about the Cats is they can look really slow and vulnerable (like vs Adelaide and much of the North game), then shift into another gear against good sides. I have little doubt they are going to lift today. Maybe it's still spite over the 2 GFs we beat them in, part of a string of 4 GFs in a row they lost. Maybe it's giving us a bit of false confidence? I dunno though, hope I'm wrong, and hope the Cats do have an off day. As usual fast ball movement and physical, aggressive football is our best hope here. Need to not be afraid just because of where it is.

On that note I always thought our record there should be a lot better there, as old Subiaco (RIP) had the most similar dimensions of any other ground, long and thin. Guess other factors came into play. Alas, that's irrelevant now. Let's hope we crack a 15 year hoodoo and show them up!

Based on historical performances at the ground plus the outs of Kennedy, Hurn, Ryan, shuey and yeo I’m tempering my expectations. Geelong by 27. There’s too much quality sitting on the pine.

Im looking forward to seeing Witherspoon, XoN and JJ hopefully getting in the thic of it.

Plus Really looking forward to our commentary. Gotta be better than Darcy, Hodge, Jobe or whatever other creeps they serve up

I wonder if we've always been able to have a session at GMHBA (or whatever it has been called over the years) the day prior - or if this is a first?

It definitely seems like it should be of benefit (trying not to get my hopes up too much!).

And will the Geelong flogs tie down every flag so players cant gauge wind dirrection? Recall that happenned last game.

So freakin childish!

Eagles win by a few goals

JK out a positive for this game. No rucking for OAllen and JJ and TK probably aspiring for extraordinary efforts.

Will need to be a team effort. Fully committed to four quarters.

Opportunity for Waterman,Cripps and Nelson go to next level.

Will be a fun game to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 6 : West Coast v Geelong Sat 24/4 @ Graveyard Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back