Game Day Round 7, 2016 - Port Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few tricky match ups today I think. Polec gives them a lot of drive,but also have to stick close to Boak who's a beast in the middle and Wingard who when he's on is the most dangerous player in the league IMO
I wouldn't mind bewick playing that defensive role(he's successfully played previously) on polec

So many confident people on here. Last week was good but you need to play even better if you want to win interstate. Hope the boys are up for a big fight.
I'm not one of those, this will be a tough game and to expect a win given our form and ladder position is ridiculous. Any game on the road is tough but the biggest variable is which Brisbane team shows up? We are a young development squad and putting in consistent performances is against the odds given our age profile.

I hate to put a damper on things but I would not be surprised if we got our butts kicked today, hope I'm wrong.

Okay I see us winning this game.

Port isn't playing a ruckmen. Their best key position players (Dixon, Westhoff and Trengove) will be playing less time at their best positions and Stef Martin should be a good target for marks coming out of defence.

We are playing our strongest team in the past few years, imo. Our midfield is seriouly deep - Rocky, Beams, Zorko, Hanley, Robinson, Rich, and Bastinac. Meanwhile the Power are missing their best contested ball winner (Gray). Their usual guns of Boak and Wines have been inconsistent. The rest of their midfield is questionable and I think we should have the edge, especially if we dominate the ruck.

I just hope our young players don't sub-consciously think the big boys are back, we'll be right now, and take the foot off the peddle.

..cos I have a friend (Port) at this game and he is going to be a pain in the A if they win.

Our midfield is certainly strong on paper. Zorko and Robinson have been fantastic. I know a few of them have been plagued by injuries, but I would love to see them all step up consistently, they are 25-27 years of age and should be leading from the front.

I'm really nervous for this arvo

If the same team from last week shows up we'll win by 30 but I'm not sure if that'll happen

Okay I see us winning this game.

Port isn't playing a ruckmen. Their best key position players (Dixon, Westhoff and Trengove) will be playing less time at their best positions and Stef Martin should be a good target for marks coming out of defence.

We are playing our strongest team in the past few years, imo. Our midfield is seriouly deep - Rocky, Beams, Zorko, Hanley, Robinson, Rich, and Bastinac. Meanwhile the Power are missing their best contested ball winner (Gray). Their usual guns of Boak and Wines have been inconsistent. The rest of their midfield is questionable and I think we should have the edge, especially if we dominate the ruck.

Hello from the other side... just my 2c after reading this thread .... I also give you a real crack at winning today, especially after last week.
You have a really promising midfield, and Port have a shit defence.
Port have No ruck, a suss midfield, an attack that is all over the shop, plus the weather is looking ordinary.
Schulz is a better forward than Dixon, Trengove is a plodder ad Westhoff only plays 3 or 4 good games a year

Any way ...carry on and make it happen Lions !:)

Robbo and Bell to bring the physicality, Hanley, Rich and Beams to bring the class.

We deserve a a win for our effort last week but we can't be complacent. Prepare for a hard fought battle.

Lions by 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the lions vs port game from last year, I miss paparone and his glorious hair coming off HB, need him back ASAP to improve both the defence and hair in the 22.

Just from watching the first half of last years game. Geez even in a win we were shocking, we are definitely a much improved side from this time last year. There is no debating that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back