Preview Round 7, 2019: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 4th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 62 73.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point explaining it to you. Stop worry about contested Mark's and look at oppositions defences getting uncontested mark's against us because our players are getting out marked and out long kicks are being picked off as we dont have another tall to make a contest. When Bruce goes into the ruck we only have average height forward in Membrey and play Acres at FF if you have been paying attention. Acres isnt going to beat a CHB or a FB or even halve the contest. Re watch the crows game to see how many times their ruck or tall defender marked the ball from our kicks and it will be clear.
If a player is out marked its contested so you need to know how many were in the backline. I suggest not that many. Again I won’t be rude enough to say no point in explain to you. Maybe re watch the jlt and then come back and explain how good the 3 tall forward line worked for a massive 2 quarters out of 8.

Didn’t look a real forward respect last week and certainly didn’t look fit enough.

I reckon it's pretty hard to get a read on anyone at Sandy at the moment, they are a mess with no-one decent to play any of the tall roles. He's a mid sized utility player more than a KP.

I don't even think we need another tall so much as more fire power. If we don't bring Young in perhaps Marsh can play that Kent role. Lonie hasn't been a forward so much as a flanker who plays like a wing so maybe we could use Huner in that role.
I feel we need the extra height so Membrey can play on a smaller defender.
I don't think it's a coincidence that his best game this season was last week when he was playing on 186cm Hibberd instead of a 190cm+ tall defender.

Hope so mate, but King hasn't even played a VFL game yet and if everything goes right for him it will be another 3 to 4 years before he will play good consistent AFL footy

I reckon if he could just stand and drop the ball at his feet as a tall target like Kosi did it would improve our structure. Let Parker and Long feed of his scraps. He doesn't need to be a gun if he can just play that role as a ruck chop out. If he can just compete we can wait for the party tricks later.

I feel we need the extra height so Membrey can play on a smaller defender.
I don't think it's a coincidence that his best game this season was last week when he was playing on 186cm Hibberd instead of a 190cm+ tall defender.

Why would the second tall back go to the other tall we bring in who is obviously not as good as membery?

If a player is out marked its contested so you need to know how many were in the backline. I suggest not that many. Again I won’t be rude enough to say no point in explain to you. Maybe re watch the jlt and then come back and explain how good the 3 tall forward line worked for a massive 2 quarters out of 8.
Well the coaches clearly thought that the best way for us to play our style and new game plan that they worked on all pre season which is kick it long to a pack marking contest requires 3 tall forward and hence them playing them in the JLT. Now injuries ruined that and I'm sure we didnt change the game plan in the space of 1 week. Anyways I'm done with this convo with you.

Is this a wce site? Let’s look at longer not hickey. We already know hickeys best is much better than longer
Point is he has played one good game in about 6 weeks.
Everyone on here has been happy with how Marshall has been playing this year, so why complain about trading Hickey when plays one good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the coaches clearly thought that the best way for us to play our style and new game plan that they worked on all pre season which is kick it long to a pack marking contest requires 3 tall forward and hence them playing them in the JLT. Now injuries ruined that and I'm sure we didnt change the game plan in the space of 1 week. Anyways I'm done with this convo with you.

I’m pretty sure the game plan is different to when paddy played. If they were that keen on 3 talls Marshall would have played round one as a tall forward. You do understand that

Everyone on here has been happy with how Marshall has been playing this year, so why complain about trading Hickey when plays one good game.
What pick did we get for Hickey and what pick would've we got for longer
pretty simple really

I’m pretty sure the game plan is different to when paddy played. If they were that keen on 3 talls Marshall would have played round one as a tall forward. You do understand that
No he would not have

And who would have been our ruckman? Pierce was out with concussion, longer was injured. Could have used Hickey I suppose

I would personally have kept Hickey but he probably would have tempted them to play him over Marshall which might have delayed his development. We don't have him and we are left with two very average rucks now with Billy and Pierce looking like dinosaurs. No point in worrying now, he's gone. Would have preferred to keep Mc Evoy and Stanley of all the rucks we lost.

Why would the second tall back go to the other tall we bring in who is obviously not as good as membery?
Say we were playing Marsh/Paddy (193cm) in the forward line with Bruce (196cm) and Membrey (188cm).
Why would the opposition play their 2nd defender who is likely to be 192cm plus on Membrey, leaving a player who is usually 185-189cm on the taller player.
Doesn't make sense from a match up perspective.

Say we were playing Marsh/Paddy (193cm) in the forward line with Bruce (196cm) and Membrey (188cm).
Why would the opposition play their 2nd defender who is likely to be 192cm plus on Membrey, leaving a player who is usually 185-189cm on the taller player.
Doesn't make sense from a match up perspective.

It does if they think as you suggested. It makes complete sense. The player coming in obviously isn’t as good as membery.

Pierce played. I’m confused now
And was killed by Witts. If your main ruck is going to get pantsed by another, then there is no point playing him or longer and making Marahall play forward. Marshall is more effective on ball and can still have an impact up forward. He is to valuable in the ruck as we dont have anyone else in the side resembling anything like one.

What pick did we get for Hickey and what pick would've we got for longer
pretty simple really

Didn't Hickey get us like 39 and we gave them 60 and swapped this season's fourth round picks. Not a big ticket trade either. Is that Parker though? If it was we are in front on actual output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back