Autopsy Round 7, 2022: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley is good value on Best on Ground, I would have a pint with him.

I would have a pint with Browny too and I would love to have a pint with Riewoldt but I don't think he would drink much and he'd probably snub me.

He snubbed me at Subi Oval when I was sitting in the front row and handed the ball back to him and said "Keep going Rooey" and he gave me nothing.

It was like he didn't even know me.

I would have a pint with Browny too and I would love to have a pint with Riewoldt but I don't think he would drink much and he'd probably snub me.

He snubbed me at Subi Oval when I was sitting in the front row and handed the ball back to him and said "Keep going Rooey" and he gave me nothing.

Time for bed mate

This made me piss myself laughing, sorry

That's why we treat water as a club forever. Why not get a guy who's had an expert fix his kicking that is offering a service.
Two weeks in a row we could have destroyed the oppo with set shots sad ley thrm back in
What makes Matthew Lloyd an expert on fixing someone's goal kicking? Right now he is a media personality and high school coach. Yes he coached Max in High School where he was a very poor shot on goal. Lloyd has ample opportunity to fix it then but didnt.

We have professionals at the club who showed in the 2nd half of last season that they know how to work with Max to straighten his kicking. He has had a poor few weeks but it is rd7. A lot of season still to go and a lot of games left for him to work on this problem.

AFL: St.Kilda vs Port Adelaide
From the 10-min mark of the first term, St Kilda kicked 2.16
(PS Saints; dont kick 4.18 & expect to win games)
...HOWEVER:
Dear AFL umpires... PLEASE EXPLAIN:
... 3rd Qtr ... 9:02 remaining...
Robbie Gray takes a mark just outside Port Adelaide fwd 50
Inexplicably there is another whistle for a 50m penalty
... WHAT IS THAT penalty for???
Jimmy Webster on the mark DOESNT step over the mark...
His feet DO NOT move an inch!
He DOESNT remonstrate about the umpires decision...
NO-ONE runs thru the 5m zone...
I have replayed this TWENTY times watching for an infringement
that would result in an extra Port Penalty...
Gray gets a Gimme Goal from 5m out...
End Result: Port win by ONE POINT!
What the ACTUAL F#CK!!!
FFS!
Was wondering the same thing but they were too busy watching Grey for two mins stroll off the ground to actually show us the replay. The coverage was shocking.

The reason why so many of us are not happy, is that tonight was a game that we lost more than Port won.

Now yes Port came out in the second half and just played solid effective football.

But for most of the game many of our players unfortunately played like millionaires. We fritted away too many gettable goals, and around the ground went for poor value toe pokes.

We just wasted too many opportunities. And one big opportunity lost is how we kick-in. Tonight with Howard is was just plain insipid most of the time.
Don’t agree we lost because we didn’t kick straight. It’s that simple. Our guys were when the game was there. We smashed it in the beginning. Bad misses cost us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombing to Aliir all night, and never any crumbers in sight. We probably deserved a hard smack to wake up again, sh*t ball use gonna get punished eventually. We love bombing long to May as well, so next week should be a sight to behold. NWM is 19 years old and probably our best by foot, not just skill execution but his decisions too.

Not a night for the talls, not sure why we persisted with King there all the time, the mosquito fleet would've got it done more often.

Speaking of Long, he was a champ tonight, one of his best again.

There were a number of good performances, let down at one end.

On King... inexcusable constantly missing the easy ones. Those ones can be kicked with eyes closed, maybe he should try that. Seriously. It will keep popping up and haunting him until he kicks the easy ones. Sort it the f*ck out mate!

And some here took umbrage years back when I said Howard was a bit of a dope. I'll say no more.

- Membrey will escape criticism but where has he been for weeks? Has he even had a shot on goal the past 3 games? He needs to be better. King is crumbling up forward and our 2nd key is no where to be seen.
Agreed. Membrey has been very poor. Not affecting the scoreboard. Let aliir off the chain and doesn’t seem to understand the game plan like everyone else.
And again a game where crumbing forwards are needed ours all go missing.
Moving battle to the forward line… what a joke. Completely missed the real issue.
Very interested to see the changes next week.

Agreed. Membrey has been very poor. Not affecting the scoreboard. Let aliir off the chain and doesn’t seem to understand the game plan like everyone else.
And again a game where crumbing forwards are needed ours all go missing.
Moving battle to the forward line… what a joke. Completely missed the real issue.
Very interested to see the changes next week.

He's had some good games this year but today he lead Alir to exactly where we didn't want him. He helped congest in front of King for them.

We need to get Plugger down to Moorabbin to teach King how to kick for goal.

Plugger had a great routine, head over the ball, steady ball drop, you could bank your bottom dollar on him kicking a goal.

With King his goal kicking is a lottery and you can't rely on a lottery to win games.

Plugger had a great routine, head over the ball, steady ball drop, you could bank your bottom dollar on him kicking a goal.

With King his goal kicking is a lottery.

I'll tuck you in mate, cmon, time for snoozies

One thing all the great goal kickers had in common when lining up for goal, Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett, Lloyd was that they'd all rotate the ball in their hands as they walked in.....

I'm not an expert, but I imagine a set shot should work off the same principles as a sniper or archer. Controlled breathing and limiting unnecessary movements.

Yes the players who kicked 1.15 have no responsibility
This team has won this year by kicking clutch goals at important times.
There was none of that tonight.
Which raises the question, are we actually a top 8 team or have they just relied on luck so far?
Next week will be brutal.

With King his goal kicking is a lottery and you can't rely on a lottery to win games.

It looks like the hunch has been coached out of the game, they're all bolt upright now. Locketts hand to foot must've been really close.

Campbell for Marshall the easy call.

Starting to join the "drop Butler" chorus. Just interested to see what we'll look like without him for a week or two. Could someone else have a go at his role and do it better? I'd consider Long up forward for Butler who goes out for Billings.

Windy and NWM are getting better each week. Let it ride. Wood out for Jones for mine.
I's a hard call because Wood just played his best game with 16 contested possessions from 23 touches and he is the sacrificial lamb who is used to plug up the defense - 3rd man up - they are using him because he is the best runner in the team who can help Howard out with the tall's.
Milera to me just played his best game.
Windhager just about played his best game as well.
Long has just put together his best 3 games he has played in a row.

But a good indicator is time on ground
Campbell 50%
Windhager 70%
Milera 77%
Wood 79%
Gresham 74% but had copped a knock

and if you go by stats - Butler 8 , King 9 , Higgins 9 , Ryder 8

This team has won this year by kicking clutch goals at important times.
There was none of that tonight.
Which raises the question, are we actually a top 8 team or have they just relied on luck so far?
Next week will be brutal.
I wouldn't say we've won any game on luck this year.

Going by the expected scores metric, every result from rounds 1-6 was correct. We didnt get wins by the opposition kicking poorly or by us kicking miracle scores.

I's a hard call because Wood just played his best game with 16 contested possessions from 23 touches and he is the sacrificial lamb who is used to plug up the defense - 3rd man up - they are using him because he is the best runner in the team who can help Howard out with the tall's.
Milera to me just played his best game.
Windhager just about played his best game as well.
Long has just put together his best 3 games he has played in a row.

But a good indicator is time on ground
Campbell 50%
Windhager 70%
Milera 77%
Wood 79%
Gresham 74% but had copped a knock

and if you go by stats - Butler 8 , King 9 , Higgins 9 , Ryder 8
Yep. Tough call but Wood was always temporary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7, 2022: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back