Autopsy Round 7, 2022: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats happening at the point of contact is king - how you get there is irrelevant!!

Kennedy stutter doesn't impact orientation of dropping an oval ball which directly influences point of contact, his hands look incredibly steady and locked onto the ball until his drop, and his final 4 steps before kicking are as simple and fluid as anyone elses.

Yeah, I was taught to always kick with the laces pointing towards the goal, head over the ball and was pretty solid set shot kicker. I used to use the spot behind the goal and imagine I was kicking it to a mate standing in that spot like it was kick to kick. It takes the pressure out and it might be OCD but the same thing every time takes chance out.

I used to help out coaching the juniors when my son played and I used to take the shit kicks aside and nearly always they had one bad habit that was easily fixed. though because bad habits creep back in

Max looks like bad technique when slowed down.
You were a star back in your Caulfield Bears days, some say the SMJFL version of Plugger. I even found some footage of your impressive technique too, hidden away in the archives;

7qrR.gif

Whats happening at the point of contact is king - how you get there is irrelevant!!

By your theory king could be throwing the ball 10 feet above his head and drop kicking it given point of contact is all that matters.

By your theory king could be throwing the ball 10 feet above his head and drop kicking it given point of contact is all that matters.
Yep - Josh Kennedy certainly proves that.

Personally I think we would become a more accurate team if we used the Steve Johnson around the corner kick or a banana kick for every set shot within 30 metres.

The reason? The area of contact with an across the boot kick is much larger than with a straight drop punt and that in itself reduces the chances of a mis-kick.

You were a star back in your Caulfield Bears days, some say the SMJFL version of Plugger. I even found some footage of your impressive technique too, hidden away in the archives;

7qrR.gif

Looks legit, he's definitely got my technique.

Personally I think we would become a more accurate team if we used the Steve Johnson around the corner kick or a banana kick for every set shot within 30 metres.

The reason? The area of contact with an across the boot kick is much larger than with a straight drop punt and that in itself reduces the chances of a mis-kick.

I am more confident kicking off the instep than a drop punt. I reckon you get a higher percentage if close enough in. Drop punts better further out. Old guys freak out when players don't go the DP but it's evolution.

50 Tony Lockett's in this thread at the moment, love to see it

Since we have established that what you do before the ball drop doesn't matter I am now an advocate for Max lining up for goal using any of the below examples;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny knew it.

Hi folks commiserations on the loss, although 50% of Port supporters are mad at you for losing a game you probably should have won, which would have added a further nail in the Hinkley coffin!

Just a question: Does anyone here know why Robbie Gray was give that 50m penalty midway through the 3rd? Still can see any reason for it in the replay.

ps: Congrats on the good year so far ... Good luck for the rest of it.

Hi folks commiserations on the loss, although 50% of Port supporters are mad at you for losing a game you probably should have won, which would have added a further nail in the Hinkley coffin!

Just a question: Does anyone here know why Robbie Gray was give that 50m penalty midway through the 3rd? Still can see any reason for it in the replay.

ps: Congrats on the good year so far ... Good luck for the rest of it.
I think the general consensus was either Jack Steele in the protected area or dissent from someone...

Honestly it seems no one is entirely sure

If Georgiades plays this week it will be the fourth time this year Port have subbed a player off only for him to play again the following week.
pack of cheats. It's blatantly obvious what they're doing. It should either be a concussion sub or the other team is allowed to sub as soon as the first team does.

Max King’s former coach weighs in

If Georgiades plays this week it will be the fourth time this year Port have subbed a player off only for him to play again the following week.
All at 3qtr time, injuries are a funny thing arnt they. I don't understand how a bigger question isn't raised to the AFL about it considering its been in conversation in some shows. I would have thought other coaches would want a please explain to get the green light to do it themselves. Guarantee if 10+ club's did it, all of a sudden the AFL would be all over it, sometime s the administration of this sport is amatuer hour

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7, 2022: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back