Preview Round 7 v Gold Coast Suns Marvel Stadium Sunday 30th April 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange side. Having the extra tall tells me they're not planning on having Soldo play the full game.

I expected Baker to be thrown forward, but Pickett as well is interesting. I'm guessing Ross will get a go in the middle, but will switch with Sonsie if it isn't working.

Okay selection, would've preferred Juddy to be in there for speed and let Soldo get some fluidity in game. Can see the decision behind having Soldo in though in countering Witts.

Hopefully Dimma finally sees this or we have bigger problems than we think.
Looks like he’s done it!

Sad Clarke is out as thought he was good in the 1st half. Looks like we might be rotating the youngsters a bit?

Happy miller stays in for flexibility and back up if soldo can’t play the whole game. Will allow Samson to stay forward more

Where does Miller play when he's not rucking though? Don't need him back, don't need or want him forward.
Wouldn't expect Soldo to play much more than 65% game time first game back, so we're basically rotating Miller and Soldo off the bench. Then we sub either one late in the game to bring in the extra run of Clarke or Hugo who should be sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does Miller play when he's not rucking though? Don't need him back, don't need or want him forward.

GC have King, Chol and Lukocious playing forward. So the extra defensive height might be needed with Miller, and we can leave Ryan more forward with Miller rucking with Soldo.

It’s guaranteed dry conditions so it’s a low-risk strategy.

If we left out Miller, then Soldo, Young or Balta got injured we’d be exposed pretty badly. Having said that, I reckon they’ll be red hot executing the tactical sub early in the third if we need the run.

Clarke to be sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We played a similar set up in the first two rounds when Nank, Lynch, Riewoldt and Miller/ Ryan were all in the side.

That said, it does seem a little top heavy with Casboult being rested. Does scream to me that Soldo isnt expected to see out the game.

Vlastuin on the bench is interesting with Baker forward. Dimma today said that Broad would match up on Lukosious which considering how much he pushes up is a good match up.

Wonder if they’ll play Miller as the +1 in defence and Vlastuin rotating more through the middle?

Could be a dangerous call.

We played a similar set up in the first two rounds when Nank, Lynch, Riewoldt and Miller/ Ryan were all in the side.

That said, it does seem a little top heavy with Casboult being rested. Does scream to me that Soldo isnt expected to see out the game.

Vlastuin on the bench is interesting with Baker forward. Dimma today said that Broad would match up on Lukosious which considering how much he pushes up is a good match up.

Wonder if they’ll play Miller as the +1 in defence and Vlastuin rotating more through the middle?

Could be a dangerous call.

If there was a danger of wet weather I’d agree. Pretty safe call under the roof, and we obviously hope to expose them with Ryan up forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 7 v Gold Coast Suns Marvel Stadium Sunday 30th April 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back