Preview Round 7 vs Hawthorn - Cuz Misses, Foley Back & Gus Gets A Run

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see who suffers the dreaded 1 week leg injury that seems to be sweeping through the club this year. Every week it seems like someone has copped it. As it is Polo is already out this week thanks to his stupid act which got him suspended, while Foley Cousins & Simmonds could all come back.

B: Kelvin Moore, Will Thursfield, Luke McGuane
HB: Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio, Chris Newman
C: Shane Edwards, Daniel Jackson, Jeromey Webberley
HF: Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Nason
F: Robin Nahas, Alex Rance, Nathan Foley
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Trent Cotchin, Richard Tambling
I/C: Angus Graham, Graham Polak, Mitch Farmer, Matt White
EMG: Andrew Collins, David Astbury, Tom Hislop

In: Nathan Foley, Angus Graham, Mitch Farmer
Out: Dean Polo(suspended) Andrew Collins David Astbury

Re: Round 7 vs Hawthorn - Will The Leg Return?

according to superfooty team blog Cousins wasnt at the last training session

Re: Round 7 vs Hawthorn - Will The Leg Return?

according to superfooty team blog Cousins wasnt at the last training session

Given the fact it's a Sunday match they may let him train tomorrow to prove fitness, either way I would name him in the squad.

Will be interesting to see who suffers the dreaded 1 week leg injury that seems to be sweeping through the club this year. Every week it seems like someone has copped it. As it is Polo is already out this week thanks to his stupid act which got him suspended, while Foley Cousins & Simmonds could all come back.

B: Kelvin Moore, Will Thursfield, Luke McGuane
HB: Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio, Chris Newman
C: Shane Edwards, Daniel Jackson, Jeromey Webberley
HF: Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Nason
F: Robin Nahas, Alex Rance, Nathan Foley
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Trent Cotchin, Richard Tambling
I/C (from): Angus Graham, Graham Polak, Tom Hislop, Andrew Collins, Mitch Farmer, David Astbury, Matt White

In: Nathan Foley, Tom Hislop, Angus Graham, Mitch Farmer
Out: Dean Polo(suspended)

Good to see we may be going with a bit of size given Hawthorn's lack of down back. Cousins injury must be more then a twinge I'm guessing.

good to see graham listed, he has to play and he should have been playing since round 1. hope he stays when final team announced:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final line up I'm hoping for.

B: Kelvin Moore, Will Thursfield, Jeromey Webberley
HB: Brett Deledio, Luke McGuane, Chris Newman
C: Shane Edwards, Daniel Jackson, Andrew Collins
HF: David Astbury, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Nason
F: Robin Nahas, Graham Polak, Nathan Foley
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin
I/C: Angus Graham, Alex Rance, Shane Tuck, Richard Tambling,
EMG: Mitch Farmer, Matt White, Tom Hislop

Gives us structure up forward and down back. Also gives us run off the bench and flexibility with Rance. Astbury Webberley Nason & Martin continue to get game time which, to me, is the most important thing this year rather than wins.

Gus named in the squad, MT will be happy.

:DTYPICAL MT response will be something along the lines of ....
Really think Graham will make it in a big way. Far better option than slo ol ' Simmonds, really showed heaps in all those competitive Tigers losses last year, until he was injured - unlike any other club that never has an injury and whose players all play at 100% fitness each week.
Really been in stellar form at Coburg manhandling guns of the competition like Lisle and Cordy.
Think our fortunes will turnaround dramatically now Gus is back.
Can't wait to see Griffiths now, and Gourdis and Griffiths and more of Griffiths:thumbsu:!!

Happy with Gus being included. Hopefully he plays and we expose the Hawks lack of a ruckman and height down back. If Gus does play then I guess that would leave Polak to play at FF for most of the game. He looked ok last week, hopefully he can build on that.
Also good to see Foley back.

Can definitely see Gus Graham playing simply because the Hawks only have one ruckman and we might actually have a shot at breaking even in the hit outs.
we will probably be aiming to hit up Gus from the kick ins because they are only going in with the one ruckmen. i really, really hope he plays decent and strings together a few good games. i'd rather spend a draft pick on another mid than trying to find a ruckmen. or keep our picks for the draft instead of trading for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back