Preview Round 8, 2019: Hawthorn v GWS Giants, 12 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The heat will now turn on Stratton and Puopolo. They really do need to lift otherwise the question will be asked over the next few weeks.

spot on!! Stratton must lead buy example as a player or a leader! Roughead may be out of form but at least he puts in and directs other.

Tone doesn't come across in the written word. So we add our own intepretation of tone when reading a post.

A post proclaiming finally the premiership credits have run out can read rather poorly to people who have just found out that Rough has been dropped.

People might be getting excited about what they see as a philosophical change at selection, but it's written with no apparent sympathy for the bloke on the receiving end and can look like gloating.

I don't see Rough being dropped as Clarko making a statement to the senior blokes that they need to pull their finger out or else. I think it's more about Rough not being part of the plan next year and Clarko wanting to get a look at other combinations to see if they are.

Whatever the reason it's a sad day, and while there shouldn't be sentiment in team selection there is room for it among supporters discussing that selection but some don't seem to have it
I would have made exactly the same comment had it been Smith, stratton, puopolo, bruest or gunston that had been dropped.

I have had the feeling for a while that those 3x premiership players have been protected species and the comment was not specifically aimed at roughead.

I thought clarko might play ceglar and Lewis but I can't see that happening with this forecast. It Could be a masterstroke decision it will be wet ugly and low scoring.
Interchange guess Howe,Scrimshaw,Cousins,Glass
I think Smith might be rested.

I would have made exactly the same comment had it been Smith, stratton, puopolo, bruest or gunston that had been dropped.

I have had the feeling for a while that those 3x premiership players have been protected species and the comment was not specifically aimed at roughead.
Protected species? You really don't have much respect for what they've all done do you

If Smith is out then make no mistake Clarko is going full savage mode, you can shine it up all you like by saying "he needs a rest", facts are we have been playing him and he has been fit enough to run out there... Clarko will be sitting him because of his performance and the fact we need to look forward, every possible chance Calrko is thinking of a future without Izzie and to me I would be ok with it.

Clarkos legend grows, this bloke is a deadset 1 in a million leader, bloody love him.

Tone doesn't come across in the written word. So we add our own intepretation of tone when reading a post.

A post proclaiming finally the premiership credits have run out can read rather poorly to people who have just found out that Rough has been dropped.

People might be getting excited about what they see as a philosophical change at selection, but it's written with no apparent sympathy for the bloke on the receiving end and can look like gloating.

I don't see Rough being dropped as Clarko making a statement to the senior blokes that they need to pull their finger out or else. I think it's more about Rough not being part of the plan next year and Clarko wanting to get a look at other combinations to see if they are.

Whatever the reason it's a sad day, and while there shouldn't be sentiment in team selection there is room for it among supporters discussing that selection but some don't seem to have it
A more nuanced approach on Bigfooty?

That’s just ****ing wrong mate. I totally disagree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't tell me what i think thankyou very much.
I was just going by what you wrote

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist....

But... I really reckon Roughie is tired and frustrated (and knows we won't make finals), and told Clarko to do it this way....

Rather than playing out the year and stopping others getting a run.

This way it sends a positive message.

One last Roughy send-off game in the seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back