Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that his job? I thought he handed out gatorades and orange slices 🤔
A pivotal part of any premiership tilt. It's widely known that if Petracca doesn't eat exactly 4.8 orange segments per quarter break, he turns back into Jimmy Toumpas.

That's disgusting, he has a beard, and didn't brush his hair, and where did he get that shirt?
( So late 2018, i could swear it seems longer ago than that ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He rarely plays anywhere near an actual opponent either. I rate May, hes a gun but youre the one suggesting he'll stand shoulder to shoulder with King and he just wont.

If you ever watched footy instead of frothing over blokes biceps youd know that.
I'm so tired about proving people incorrect, but here we go yet again needing to provide evidence to break through supporters unhealthy biases towards their own players. May embarrassed King when they last played on each other. That's just a fact. Below is the evidence. So whoever that poster was who said 'it's not going to end well for May if he matches up on King' maybe actually base it on something first. May also got the 2 Brownlow votes.

Screenshot_20220504-145923_AFL.jpg

Screenshot_20220504-145712_AFL.jpg

We joke about this but the reality is he was argurably our best mid in the second half of last year and hes now barely getting a game there. It shows the depth they have.
So we've already lost this game because they beat us last year?

I think it's pretty clear that we have improved substantially from last year, with most players elevating their game to a new level. I'm pretty confident that Dunstan would be playing at Sandy if he was still with us this year.

Who would you push out of our midfield to bring Dunstan in - Crouch, Gresham, Ross? Dunstan has never played at the level they're playing at this year. And before you say Windhager, remember he's not a full-time mid while Dunstan can't play anywhere but in the middle (remember how we had to move Crouch out of the midfield so Dunstan could play there full-time last year).

If you want to focus on last year go ahead - Melbourne is a much better team than us based on 2021 form. It's 2022 now and we are a vastly better team.

I'm so tired about proving people incorrect, but here we go yet again needing to provide evidence to break through supporters unhealthy biases towards their own players. May embarrassed King when they last played on each other. That's just a fact. Below is the evidence. So whoever that poster was who said 'it's not going to end well for May if he matches up on King' maybe actually base it on something first. May also got the 2 Brownlow votes.

View attachment 1391606

View attachment 1391607
Two years ago.

King would make the lumbering unaccountable second rater, hanging out the back getting cheap kicks, look like the nobody he is.

Saying that Goodwin will hide May from King as he knows that May will look silly against a King that is not a baby anymore.

Next year will be worse for May, and every year there after as King gets stronger and better.

Happy times watching Mr UnAccountable May being hidden from embarrassment.

:D :D :D

View attachment 1391606

View attachment 1391607
Kicked straight at least

So we've already lost this game because they beat us last year?

I think it's pretty clear that we have improved substantially from last year, with most players elevating their game to a new level. I'm pretty confident that Dunstan would be playing at Sandy if he was still with us this year.

Who would you push out of our midfield to bring Dunstan in - Crouch, Gresham, Ross? Dunstan has never played at the level they're playing at this year. And before you say Windhager, remember he's not a full-time mid while Dunstan can't play anywhere but in the middle (remember how we had to move Crouch out of the midfield so Dunstan could play there full-time last year).

If you want to focus on last year go ahead - Melbourne is a much better team than us based on 2021 form. It's 2022 now and we are a vastly better team.
... What... none of this has anything to do with what i said about Dunstan not getting a game showing the depth they have.

i still think theyll beat us on Sunday but at least argue the same thing mate

Hes the igniter. We miss him

I think that's a pretty apt description of HAYES actually ...a bit of the "Fire Starter" about him for sure....great track too!

I believe there is more potential still in Ben LONG with that role...so long as he keeps that passion purely focused on the ball and wreaks the positive and sometimes spectacular havoc that is his way!

In fact LONG 's contribution has the capacity to be wilder and more stratospheric than HAYES but equally side lifting , perhaps better described as, adrenaline fueled, angry mad bull brilliant flashes. I hope he can intensify that best part of his ability consistently......that has been the question but I think everybody is pretty happy with him so far this year...

You get the impression he's about to demonstrate his latent brilliance at another level pretty soon. The faith in him will pay dividends.... I just hope they don't feel he can stand down for the sake of letting a 'perceived' greater value into the side! We need the raging bull against the DEES more than anytime especially with the HAYES flame temporarily extinguished!

Last edited:
In today's injury update on the Saints site.

Rowan Marshall will also be eligible for selection this week after missing Round 7.

PS Hunter Clark to play VFL.

View attachment 1391606

View attachment 1391607
If you're so tired, then go back to the bed that is anywhere but the St Kilda board and get some rest.

View attachment 1391606

View attachment 1391607

Jerry-Seinfeld-Has-Seen-Enough-Reaction-Gif.gif

Your own board don't want you and I think we've all had a nice old chinwag but it's probably time to whip out the can of Mortein and have you on your way.

16 warnings on your account and all for trolling opposition boards. I see you play the Eagles next week, probably a good time to get in quick and find a nice wall cavity you can move into over there before anyone notices the rotting wood and increase of small droppings lying around.

Regardless, I hope you find a new home, Dunce-ster - the perennial hermit of BigFooty.

View attachment 1391606

View attachment 1391607
Oh Jesus you have a screenshot from a report from... the afl website i assume (no one knows for sure) written by... someone that shows he alone shut down King. How on Earth could i possibly compete with that.

Ironically youre looking at the Round 14 2020 stats there (a game which had 15 goals total and King was the saints equal top goal scorer with 1). We got beat (not by much) because of a whole bunch of factors none of which were May dominating a one on one contest with King (highlighted by the fact he had 2 contested marks of his 9 total marks for the night). I remember that game pretty well and May played brilliantly... as a loose defender that we kept bombing the ball too, not a direct opponent to Max.

Now if i wanted to really make you look like a fool id probably point out that Max managed to kick 20% of our score in shortened games in a match under lights in ****ing Alice Springs as a 19 year old.

Fast forward to the actual most recent game round 2 2021 and King kicks 2 (which was equal to your top goal scorer) in a game where our inside 50 efficiency was ****ed yet again because... May played as a loose defender again.

Im not the poster who said it wont end well for May if he matches up on King. I wouldnt say that cause i wouldnt have a clue how it goes. If we bomb the ball in all day long May probably gives King a bath if he directly manned him but your whole defense doesnt work like that.

May will play loose as he always does and hell probably play really well as he usually does but he wont play on Max King as his primary direct opponent cause he just doesnt.

I dont really get why youre so offended about this, no one is saying May isnt a great footballer, he is, but hes not a one on one defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back