• Demons

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tired about proving people incorrect, but here we go yet again needing to provide evidence to break through supporters unhealthy biases towards their own players. May embarrassed King when they last played on each other. That's just a fact. Below is the evidence. So whoever that poster was who said 'it's not going to end well for May if he matches up on King' maybe actually base it on something first. May also got the 2 Brownlow votes.

View attachment 1391606

View attachment 1391607

So he got the better of King who was only playing his 17th game. LOL What a w***er you are.

Oh Jesus you have a screenshot from a report from... the afl website i assume (no one knows for sure) written by... someone that shows he alone shut down King. How on Earth could i possibly compete with that.

Ironically youre looking at the Round 14 2020 stats there (a game which had 15 goals total and King was the saints equal top goal scorer with 1). We got beat (not by much) because of a whole bunch of factors none of which were May dominating a one on one contest with King (highlighted by the fact he had 2 contested marks of his 9 total marks for the night). I remember that game pretty well and May played brilliantly... as a loose defender that we kept bombing the ball too, not a direct opponent to Max.

Now if i wanted to really make you look like a fool id probably point out that Max managed to kick 20% of our score in shortened games in a match under lights in ******* Alice Springs as a 19 year old.

Fast forward to the actual most recent game round 2 2021 and King kicks 2 (which was equal to your top goal scorer) in a game where our inside 50 efficiency was f’ed yet again because... May played as a loose defender again.

Im not the poster who said it wont end well for May if he matches up on King. I wouldnt say that cause i wouldnt have a clue how it goes. If we bomb the ball in all day long May probably gives King a bath if he directly manned him but your whole defense doesnt work like that.

May will play loose as he always does and hell probably play really well as he usually does but he wont play on Max King as his primary direct opponent cause he just doesnt.

I dont really get why youre so offended about this, no one is saying May isnt a great footballer, he is, but hes not a one on one defender.

To be fair I think he's probably a 13yo. Otherwise Johnny Ray has found a new audience.

Oh Jesus you have a screenshot from a report from... the afl website i assume (no one knows for sure) written by... someone that shows he alone shut down King. How on Earth could i possibly compete with that.

Ironically youre looking at the Round 14 2020 stats there (a game which had 15 goals total and King was the saints equal top goal scorer with 1). We got beat (not by much) because of a whole bunch of factors none of which were May dominating a one on one contest with King (highlighted by the fact he had 2 contested marks of his 9 total marks for the night). I remember that game pretty well and May played brilliantly... as a loose defender that we kept bombing the ball too, not a direct opponent to Max.

Now if i wanted to really make you look like a fool id probably point out that Max managed to kick 20% of our score in shortened games in a match under lights in ******* Alice Springs as a 19 year old.

Fast forward to the actual most recent game round 2 2021 and King kicks 2 (which was equal to your top goal scorer) in a game where our inside 50 efficiency was f’ed yet again because... May played as a loose defender again.

Im not the poster who said it wont end well for May if he matches up on King. I wouldnt say that cause i wouldnt have a clue how it goes. If we bomb the ball in all day long May probably gives King a bath if he directly manned him but your whole defense doesnt work like that.

May will play loose as he always does and hell probably play really well as he usually does but he wont play on Max King as his primary direct opponent cause he just doesnt.

I dont really get why youre so offended about this, no one is saying May isnt a great footballer, he is, but hes not a one on one defender.
Sorry, I'll head off after this, but just needed to jump in on this point as there's really not much truth to it. So far this year, May has been involved in 27 contested defensive one-on-ones (equal sixth in the AFL), and has lost a total of 1 (3.7%), which is not only the best in the AFL, but is on track to be the best since the stat started being recorded (2013).

May certainly is an expert at reading the play and peeling off for intercepts, but he plays on the best KPF basically every week and is very, very good at it.

Anyway, I've probably overstayed my welcome now. Best of luck for this week and the rest of the year.

1651643322437.png

Sorry, I'll head off after this, but just needed to jump in on this point as there's really not much truth to it. So far this year, May has been involved in 27 contested defensive one-on-ones (equal sixth in the AFL), and has lost a total of 1 (3.7%), which is not only the best in the AFL, but is on track to be the best since the stat started being recorded (2013).

May certainly is an expert at reading the play and peeling off for intercepts, but he plays on the best KPF basically every week and is very, very good at it.

Anyway, I've probably overstayed my welcome now. Best of luck for this week and the rest of the year.

View attachment 1391644
I didnt say he wasnt a good one on one player but he doesnt stand a man and play lockdown. Go check the initercept marks (where May is 5th) and tell me how many of them are lockdown one on one defenders (hint, its **** all).

Melbournes whole defensive system essentially negates the need for genuine one on one defenders.

**** you idiots seem to think its still the 90s and May is Silvagni on Plugger.

What is actually wrong with Melbourne supporters? Genuinely concerning behaviour.

Just about as off-kilter as Dogs fans. If I had to describe them I'd say Dogs supporters are like Danny Southern after a 5 day bender and Melbourne supporters are like Danny Southern after a 5 day bender but with one of those rainbow clown bow-ties on. The ones that squirt water in your eyes. Trying to hide their room temperature IQ's by giving off the impression they are good and proper but not doing a good job of it. At least Dogs supporters embrace being inebriated and trying to take home Barbara from the Bendigo RSL after having pissed all over themselves at a bingo night. Be more like them, we know what you really are.

What is actually wrong with Melbourne supporters? Genuinely concerning behaviour.

Just about as off-kilter as Dogs fans. If I had to describe them I'd say Dogs supporters are like Danny Southern after a 5 day bender and Melbourne supporters are like Danny Southern after a 5 day bender but with one of those rainbow clown bow-ties on. The ones that squirt water in your eyes. Trying to hide their room temperature IQ's by giving off the impression they are good and proper but not doing a good job of it. At least Dogs supporters embrace being inebriated and trying to take home Barbara from the Bendigo RSL after having pissed all over themselves at a bingo night. Be more like them, we know what you really are.
Actually thought that Scythe clown might be their only good one and even he cant handle a simple truth.

Theyll be telling us Hodge is Fullback of the century next.

You wouldnt want the current Norm Smith medallist and premiership year BnF runner up AA player on our team... Even if it meant we won 10 flags (i think you said)...

Jeez
He just loves himself way too much for my liking and also seems to not have anything to offer in terms of dissecting the
game yet he gets a job on AFL 360 and takes the cashola to expound obvious bullshit or faux self congrats. I don't like him
off the field. I sort of rate him as a player. Just. But I don't wan't someone like that at St Kilda. He has a few mates - I don't
want De Grey either. Same with Oliver and that little prick Miers at Geelong. There are some players who I just do not like.

He just loves himself way too much for my liking and also seems to not have anything to offer in terms of dissecting the
game yet he gets a job on AFL 360 and takes the cashola to expound obvious bullshit or faux self congrats. I don't like him
off the field. I sort of rate him as a player. Just. But I don't wan't someone like that at St Kilda. He has a few mates - I don't
want De Grey either. Same with Oliver and that little prick Miers at Geelong. There are some players who I just do not like.
I don’t like guys in our actual team now and honestly if you don’t like arrogance I’d hate to tell you but you won’t like most afl footballers.

I’d have everyone of those blokes and a cavalcade of the worst if they win us a flag.

I don’t like guys in our actual team now and honestly if you don’t like arrogance I’d hate to tell you but you won’t like most afl footballers.

I’d have everyone of those blokes and a cavalcade of the worst if they win us a flag.
There is nobody with the club now would be close to Petracca in terms unconscious hubris and having tickets themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d have no way of knowing that but sure.
Mate, I watch TV, the media, the socials, so I reckon I can have a view.
Not saying he's going to start WW3 or anything, just don't like him.
Know, in my heart, he is a campaigner. I don't think, I know.

Mate, I watch TV, the media, the socials, so I reckon I can have a view.
Not saying he's going to start WW3 or anything, just don't like him.
Know, in my heart, he is a campaigner.
Yes because no one lies and presents a different image in the media and in socials.

I’m not even defending petracca here could be the floggiest flog that ever flogged but
1- I promise you we have flogs
2- if you win us a flag I couldn’t give a shit what type of bloke you are off the field. Give me all the dickheads if they’re winning

Yes because no one lies and presents a different image in the media and in socials.

I’m not even defending petracca here could be the floggiest flog that ever flogged but
1- I promise you we have flogs
2- if you win us a flag I couldn’t give a shit what type of bloke you are off the field. Give me all the dickheads if they’re winning
"1- I promise you we have flogs"

The point is they are "our flogs"....Milne, Baker, etc. Yes, I understand.
I would just prefer we don't import anymore from other clubs.
No dickhead policy suits me fine.
Would you do the Andrew Lovett trade again ?

"1- I promise you we have flogs"

The point is they are "our flogs"....Milne, Baker, etc. Yes, I understand.
I would just prefer we don't import anymore from other clubs.
No dickhead policy suits me fine.
Would you do the Andrew Lovett trade again ?
Not sure how that’s relevant, Lovett was a bit more than a run of the mill flog wasnt he.

Hot tip, if we’d drafted or even traded for Trac he’d be our flog the day he rolls into Linton Street.

Last edited:
So going by Saints media tonight, looks like the ins are more likely to be:

• Ryan Byrnes (after some stellar form he’s first named in the article + first named on the clubs social media ‘story’ + the cover picture for the article - for whatever that’s worth).
  • Rowan Marshall
  • Jack Billings

Not sure about outs aside from probably Campbell and Windhager.

Not sure about Jones. I’d have thought he’d be in over Byrnes but the latest update stresses that we will give Jones as much time as he likes. That being said if he didn’t get covid I reckon he would’ve played against GWS anyway. I think Ratt’s confirmed that at the time as well IIRC.

Perhaps all four of Byrnes, Jones, Billings and Marshall come in, in which case I have no clue who comes out.

Interesting team selection ahead!

It would probably make more sense to bring back Billings this week and then Jones the next, rather than bring in two guys that have had long layoffs.

Despite coming off a loss you don't want to make too many changes and upset the team cohesion and harmony we have created in the previous 5 wins.

I'm so tired about proving people incorrect, but here we go yet again needing to provide evidence to break through supporters unhealthy biases towards their own players. May embarrassed King when they last played on each other. That's just a fact. Below is the evidence. So whoever that poster was who said 'it's not going to end well for May if he matches up on King' maybe actually base it on something first. May also got the 2 Brownlow votes.

View attachment 1391606

View attachment 1391607

Mate I don't know where you're getting that from but the version of the article I can see has a completely different story:
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 5.43.04 pm.png

The answer is all in the names.

May.... He May be able to stop goals...he May be able to have an effect. But King is King , he will command the game.
Brown ....may have Brown underwear when he finds he has a battle on his hands.
Pickett will find himself driven into the ground.....and the game will seem very Long to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back