Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Gunston (It's over)
Such a shame to see him go out like this but he does look like he is done.

Geez he was a hell of a player in his prime though, such a natural footballer. Was a big game player as well, played some telling games in the finals (12 goals over four grand finals is a hell of a resume).

Such a shame to see him go out like this but he does look like he is done.

Geez he was a hell of a player in his prime though, such a natural footballer. Was a big game player as well, played some telling games in the finals (12 goals over four grand finals is a hell of a resume).
Agree 100%. He was one goal away from a Norm Smith. Could never miss.

But ever since he had issues with his back he has never been the same. I still believe that if Fagan had played him in the GF last year he would have been the difference, and then could have retired on a high like Isaac.

Can we fit all of Hustwaite, Ward, D'Ambrosio, Lewis and Phillips in? Maybe JOS too?

OUT:
Gunston
Nash
MacDonald
Serong
Maginess
Ramsden

IN:
D'Ambrosio
Ward
Phillips
Hustwaite
Lewis
JOS

Impey - Frost - Mitchell
Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Meek - Mackenzie - Newcombe
Amon - Worpel - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Lewis - Weddle
Ginnivan - Chol - Hardwick

Bench:
Ward - Hustwaite - Day - JOS

Sub:
Morrison

Agree 100%. He was one goal away from a Norm Smith. Could never miss.
I don’t understand why at the end of your career you would change the way you hold the ball when lining up for goal.
I remember trying to teach my son how to kick and he argued no Dad this is the way Gunston holds the ball.

Gunston kicked poorly yesterday, but is still good for 2-3 goals if he kicks straight (he wasn't the only culprit, Ginni kicked 0.3 or 0.4 from similarly gettable shots). Don't think we drop him given our forward line is already the worst in the league by the length of a Karl Amon roost.
Problem is now it looks like he has lost distance with his kicks and losing his technique trying to make up for it. Breust is the same. Both were so reliable from 35-50 but now I am surprised if they do kick it

Can we fit all of Hustwaite, Ward, D'Ambrosio, Lewis and Phillips in? Maybe JOS too?

OUT:
Gunston
Nash
MacDonald
Serong
Maginess
Ramsden

IN:
D'Ambrosio
Ward
Phillips
Hustwaite
Lewis
JOS

Impey - Frost - Mitchell

Moore - Lewis - Weddle

Bench:

Sub:
Morrison
Can’t see Nash ever getting dropped I’m afraid. I hope Hust can become that player.

OUT:
Gunston
Nash
MacDonald
Serong
Maginess
Ramsden

IN:
D'Ambrosio
Ward
Phillips
Hustwaite
Lewis
JOS

Impey - Frost - Mitchell

Moore - Lewis - Weddle

Bench:

Sub:
Morrison
Can't see why we couldn't, it couldn't go any worse than last week's team

Going over this team the lack of leg speed is concerning

Given our disappointing start to the season, I feel its time for Mitch to mix it up a bit.
eg, we have no forward power and Sicily is way out of form. Perhaps move him forward.
Bring Phillips in for cover, allow Serong time to develop and have Phillips, Serong and Scim as the tall defenders.
I do understand Weddle is being taught how to defend, but id be releasing him so that he can free wheel a bit more. Time up forward, wing and some CBA's.
Love Gunners, but he is not the answer and he and Breust definitely cannot be in the same side IMO.
Ins: Lewis, Phillips, Massimo
Out: Ramsden (not ready), Gunston, Croc/any injuries

I want Sicily dropped. A shadow of himself
I know it's a bit tongue in cheek, but noone should be getting a game on reputation, even the skipper.

Remember 2007, vandenberg spent the first 7 games at Box Hill, and I think it really sent a message to the younger players that you need to perform or risk your spot

Given our disappointing start to the season, I feel its time for Mitch to mix it up a bit.
eg, we have no forward power and Sicily is way out of form. Perhaps move him forward.
Bring Phillips in for cover, allow Serong time to develop and have Phillips, Serong and Scim as the tall defenders.
I do understand Weddle is being taught how to defend, but id be releasing him so that he can free wheel a bit more. Time up forward, wing and some CBA's.
Love Gunners, but he is not the answer and he and Breust definitely cannot be in the same side IMO.
Ins: Lewis, Phillips, Massimo
Out: Ramsden (not ready), Gunston, Croc/any injuries
The first player that should be dropped to set the standard is Sicily, he looks lazy, weak and disinterested.
if Clarko was coaching he would definitely be playing for Boxhill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chol has been far from our biggest issue this year, the supporters booing him this past weekend were ridiculous.

Yup - was still trying his bloody hardest from what I saw. Forwards would jostle like he did every game he just got a diver and trigger happy umpire.

Sicily to CHF is the new Roughy to CHB.

Except we've tried Sicily to CHF before.

It sucked. It's why he's moved and flourished down back.
We’re crying out for players ahead of the ball that can contest and demand opposition attention.

Unless Lewis is fit playing Chol and Gunston just doesn’t work. Ramsden is a way off.

Sicily hasn’t been very effective down back this year - he’s getting pinned deep and opposition playing through his man.

He’s the captain and we need a spark. It’s worth a shot for 3-4 weeks (not just a quarter here or there).

What better option do we have? Scrim has been solid down back. A big ask for weddle etc. dear is a kid.

We’re crying out for players ahead of the ball that can contest and demand opposition attention.

Unless Lewis is fit playing Chol and Gunston just doesn’t work. Ramsden is a way off.

Sicily hasn’t been very effective down back this year - he’s getting pinned deep and opposition playing through his man.

He’s the captain and we need a spark. It’s worth a shot for 3-4 weeks (not just a quarter here or there).

What better option do we have? Scrim has been solid down back. A big ask for weddle etc. dear is a kid.

The expectations on Sicily are through the roof. He's playing ok as backman. He's just not playing superhuman which he had been for the last two years.

Just play Ramsden and Chol until Lewis is ready. We nearly knocked off the Pies with the two of them. Bring in Phillips to free up Sicily as the spare and let Scrim have a crack at 3rd tall.

A lot of our forward woes will fix themselves up when our midfield actually pulls their finger out and can win a clean clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back