Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else still boosted from beating the scum? My whole week is going to change, nothing is going to bring me down.

By far the best thing to come out of this win, was from my missus who used to absolutely not give two f@cks about footy. When Owies kicked that goal in the 3rd from playing for that free and celebrated like the spanner he is, she goes, “I hope Carlton lose, I f*cking hate how arrogant they are!”.

I swear she was more happier than me after the final siren. That's never happened before. The following day (yesterday) she admitted to me that she's actually starting to enjoy footy a lot more now. I always have the footy on, even neutral games.

Now I've got an 18-month-old daughter that shouts, “Go Pies!” and “Goal!” every time the footy’s on, even when the Pies aren't playing. I know also have the missus who not only loves the Pies, but shares the same hate I have for the scum. Safe to say this is a happy household to be in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Strolling into work tomorrow morning with the Collingwood theme blasting on my phone is always so enjoyable after we beat that filth. One of the bosses is a Bloser and another couple of bus drivers are as well.
I happily add, ‘sorry it’s been doing that since last September for some reason’ 😂

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think any tackle deemed dangerous and where the players head hits the ground will be scrutinized by the media/social media.. because most are confused about what is reportable & worthy of suspension AND most importantly why. They needed to clarify and they did asap.
Fair enough and totally agree MRO immediately slapping down Owies for causing the incident was brilliant.

But I still reckon heads hit the turf far more often than once a week in normal play..but it’s only when they attract a tax such as Bruzzy that they see the light of day to pacify the additional media attention he brings.

Fair enough and totally agree MRO immediately slapping down Owies for causing the incident was brilliant.

But I still reckon heads hit the turf far more often than once a week in normal play..but it’s only when they attract a tax such as Bruzzy that they see the light of day to pacify the additional media attention he brings.
Agree fully.

Is anyone else still boosted from beating the scum? My whole week is going to change, nothing is going to bring me down.

By far the best thing to come out of this win, was from my missus who used to absolutely not give two f@cks about footy. When Owies kicked that goal in the 3rd from playing for that free and celebrated like the spanner he is, she goes, “I hope Carlton lose, I f*cking hate how arrogant they are!”.

I swear she was more happier than me after the final siren. That's never happened before. The following day (yesterday) she admitted to me that she's actually starting to enjoy footy a lot more now. I always have the footy on, even neutral games.

Now I've got an 18-month-old daughter that shouts, “Go Pies!” and “Goal!” every time the footy’s on, even when the Pies aren't playing. I know also have the missus who not only loves the Pies, but shares the same hate I have for the scum. Safe to say this is a happy household to be in.

Beating the scum was the best possible start to the weekend.
I'm still enjoying watching the game.

I've got my 10 year old son well trained.
After the game (and just before he went to bed), he said "Carlton Sucks!".

When he goes to school tomorrow, he's going to pay out on a buddy who follows the scum.
In a nice way, of course, because he's a well mannered young man. :D

This has absolutely triggered me. All the rubbish lip service before the game needs to be put through the wringer. I’d be reaching out to every major media organisation and the Carlton Football Club and making sure the ****wit responsible is dealt with in a heavy handed fashion.

You can bet your bottom dollar all of those organisations would want to sweep it under the carpet though.

PS: all the best to the poor woman involved and her family with the recovery, and hopefully there are no psychological impacts from being attacked attending a hobby. You can understand there being apprehension you’d no doubt have putting yourself in that environment again, which is devastating.

This has absolutely triggered me. All the rubbish lip service before the game needs to be put through the wringer. I’d be reaching out to every major media organisation and the Carlton Football Club and making sure the ******* responsible is dealt with in a heavy handed fashion.

You can bet your bottom dollar all of those organisations would want to sweep it under the carpet though.

PS: all the best to the poor woman involved and her family with the recovery, and hopefully there are no psychological impacts from being attacked attending a hobby. You can understand there being apprehension you’d no doubt have putting yourself in that environment again, which is devastating.
This is, of course a horrendous incident & hopefully whoever it was they are charged & the victim makes a full recovery. But I'm not sure anyone has said it involved someone who supports Carlton, just that the lady was a Collingwood supporter leaving the football & was hit by a random person. So unless we know otherwise, probably not fair to automatically blame any football club & their supporters.

Not sure if it's the same incident, but have since read it was someone on an e-scooter which hit her. Obviously still just as distressing & dangerous.

Last edited:
Obviously this is a horrendous incident & hopefully whoever it was they are charged. But I'm not sure anyone has said it involved someone who supports Carlton, just that the victim was a Collingwood supporter leaving the football.
True, but I think it would be a pretty obvious conclusion to draw, and probably one that will bear out.

True, but I think it would be a pretty obvious conclusion to draw, and probably one that will bear out.
Well no, not really. I wouldn't like people to assume it was a Collingwood supporter just because it happened after a football match between the 2 clubs & the victim happened to be a Blues supporter. Unless you have more information, we don't even know how far away from the G this occurred.

Just watched the replay.

That’s a 4-6 goal win disguised as a 1 goal win!
Our intensity and defensive running was absolutely insane.

If that’s the level the Blues have. I’m comfortable in a final against them. Because they have no weapons outside of the big guys.
If that’s what they have….their not a premiership team IMO.

clear plan to beat the Blues now. They’re going to be up against it from here.

It’s a pleasure to watch the way we go about it.
Crazy how when we are 3-4 goals down and I don’t think we’re out of it.

HH & Sully were awesome. Both look completely at the level. Need that.
They've got a few out, but their flankers just aren't going to get that team on the dias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do so much right. For so long. That’s it’s really hard for teams who have better talent to handle.

It’s really quite amazing.

Our ability last night to continually stick tackles and follow up with a second tackle or desperation act, bounce back to our feet and be in the next contest, or run to the next play was the sort of stuff that no one is winning against. I rewarded stuff on the stats sheet but OMG was a massive reason.

Laughing at blues blaming umpires….whether you agree one way or another….over 120 mins it’s amazing that Blues players couldn’t have made different decisions or less mistakes….so let’s blame umpires for close loss.

FMD it’s pathetic and a loser mentality.

Hence why they ain’t winning it this year.
Only thing I'd disagree with is the more talented team part. Blues have us covered in the high profile talls and inside mid spots, but we're miles ahead of them on the flanks, both offensively and defensively. Their players would beat us at 1990s footy, but our players have got them covered in the modern game of pressure and hurting on turnover.

They've got a few out, but their flankers just aren't going to get that team on the dias.
They're interesting.
Have all the talent/best list but too many of the 1 type of player. Either inside slow mids or talls.Play the wrong game plan for modern footy.
If they get Saad and Martin/Motlop back they may come good

They're interesting.
Have all the talent/best list but too many of the 1 type of player. Either inside slow mids or talls.Play the wrong game plan for modern footy.
If they get Saad and Martin/Motlop back they may come good
It's not the best list if you don't have flankers who can ramp up pressure and cause damage offensively.

But yes Martin, Motlop, Williams and Saad on top of their games could make them devastating.

I've got time off work booked this week to go on holiday. No better way to start it that a close win against the Blues! I'm going to be on a high all week!

Yep. McKay was about to kick 10 before the reset zone at q time pushed up and it never got in their 50 rest if the game.
Frampton not best 22 imo.
Get Jiath in

Go take a cold shower.

Strong family there Eric

My ex-wife has now started barracking for Collingwood because our kids do

I was taken aback for a minute

Then thought, we had Chopper Read as a fan, so why not her?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back