Game Day Round 8 : Dreamtime versus Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the bombers at this rate are going for a 24 to 30 goal pace. Add no Grimes and it doesnt look good unless our midfield can step up? This 2nd half will tell us alot about this group.

Sorry I wasn't clear - I'm sure our coaching panel don't want it to be a shoot-out, but the bombers are unrelenting and our midfield & defence is falling apart at the seams. :(
Fair enough. I hope so.

Ok.

King hasn't been near it. Also dropped an easy chest mark (as he did last week). Completely out of form after his layoff.

Dea being thrashed. Being caught out of position many times. Tuck is not a tagger - he gives away too many free kicks (he's our worst for the season). Let him run and put Conca or King into the tagging role.

Cotchin is a star, Maric is pretty good (he has bellchambers covered one-on-one but can't run with him), Nahas has been fine (apart from that kick) and Martin is just a bit off. Deledio had had plenty but hasn't hurt yet. Batch is OK also.

I think the main problem is our structure isn't working. We are letting too many free men through the midfield. And our forward line is a mess - Miller is offering nothing and Riewoldt is our only target (and surprisingle, Essendon have worked that out). I'd put Riewoldt out to CHF and let Martin, Deledio and Cotchin rotate out of the square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok.

King hasn't been near it. Also dropped an easy chest mark (as he did last week). Completely out of form after his layoff.

Dea being thrashed. Being caught out of position many times. Tuck is not a tagger - he gives away too many free kicks (he's our worst for the season). Let him run and put Conca or King into the tagging role.

These two along with Miller have to go. :thumbsdown:

Dea and King are liabilities at the moment. Miller needs to present more. We are sadly lacking a forward with good finishing skills. Dea on Cranberry is a huge problem at the moment. Essendon are PRECISE by foot, and that's what is hurting us. BAD misses in front on goal in the final 2 minutes will cost us.

I noticed that Essendon have adopted the same tactic as WCE. Take possession of the ball in a clearance situation, then drop the head and barrel into an opponent. Cost us a couple of goals already.

Don't let this blow out Tigers.

Conca has been ordinary, Miller terrible ( constantly looking for the cheap one out the back and little defensive pressure) , Houli hasn't been much better.

at least edwards has been pretty decent, i hate to say this but is it time to drop jack? i know he is being double teamed but is constantly being caught behind and honestly he is not fast enough to get caught behind and is barely leading anyway..

Probably the worst half of the year. I was worried this would happen. Essendon look legit this year.

Grimes down had me nearly wanting to cry. One KPD for the game and one of Post/McGuane in for the year. God I hope Astbury or Griffiths come on quickly.

should have brought Post in. Grimes going down exposes our already small defence. Can't see us climbing out of this hole we are in - it's groundhog day. :(

Grimes injury different leg but will be min of 4 weeks which could spell end to the tiger season not sure we have a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back