Autopsy Round 8 : Hawks strangle Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

“Mothers Day Massacre and hawk supporters will show their bandwagon colours and stay away”

Wrong on both counts and I couldn’t be happier

Well done to the boys - locked the giants down and played them perfectly

Just love watching Mitch Lewis going to be good

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]In the end it’s better than what we’ve seen the last few rounds and you can’t ask more than that and I’m proud of what they bought today [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Scully is a genuine freak playing 94% game time as a wingman
Still copping criticisim from our fans as well... Not really sure what fans want from him at this early stages to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still copping criticisim from our fans as well... Not really sure what fans want from him at this early stages to be honest.

Because people don't understand how important it is to have players that can conserve every other bloke on the field by staying on. That's why Tom Mitchell's loss is so huge - sure he was a huge chunk of our midfield, but the bloke was out there 90% of the game on average.

Well that was pleasant.

Mitch Lewis was outstanding, clearly exhausted at the end but still getting his hands up and grabbing everything. Everyone thought he was a joke when we drafted him, but gee we've got a good kid here.

Cousins great game back, shame Scrim couldn't finish the game out because he was straight back in and doing the right things again.

Henderson, my goodness.

I was expecting significant pain today, however we structured up really well and when we kicked those early last quarter goals, our ability to be composed and run massive chunks off the clock was gold.

What an enormous learning experience.

The true arrival of Mitch Lewis today. Was always looking dangerous. He will kick more than he will miss with time.

If smith and wingard can find their best form we will be better.

We haven’t been smashed this year which has been pleasing.

Richmond understand the G. It will be a massive contest next week.

Still can’t believe how comprehensively we beat the Giants in the finish. Amazing performance!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Kneejerk player ratings in no particular order:

Scrimshaw - great game before going off. Reads it so well, so confident with the ball. Hopefully was only off as a precaution.
Ceglar - had his Stewy Dew moment.
O'Meara - completely shut down again. Glad we won but this is concerning. Not the first to be scragged out of it by De Boer though,
Cousins - ripping game. Some great one on one marks, great goal when it mattered. I like him
Worpel - dodgy disposal all game. Wasn't his best game.
MOrrison - back to better form. PResented well.
Scully - gets busy when the rest of the team goes flat. Great to have in the mix.
Impey - falling in love with this guy. Those two first quarter goals were awesome. For a patchy playeer with dodgy disposal he's certainly a very concsistent player with great disposal. And toughness.
McEvoy - just gettin it done.
Lewis - I'm loving what I'm seeing here. 1 or 2 more marks per game and he'll become a real headache. Doing everything right.
Puopolo - playing super defensive this year and doing it well.
Breust - played up the ground a bit and I like what I saw. Was really creative around the packs.
Hendo - he's a gun.
Frawley - man it's good to have him back, even if he commits the occasional howley
Stratts - I want to say he was much better. He was better.
Hardwick - just so reliable - starting to do more attacking things.
Sicily - This guy is next level. Developing the Burgoyne type coolness when he has the ball. That final goal - I loved it.
Moore - doing what someone of his lack experience should do - working his arse off, presenting and getting involved as much as possible.
Gunston - interesting game - kept him deep the whole time. Good to see him nailing some good kicks now.
Timbo- Really like how he's attacking it. Made one howler but looks confident and reliable at the moment. Better option for us than Mirra down there.

That was so much fun to watch. **** I love footy.

Did anyone watch Slobbo and Gerard on AFL 360 last week and 'real or over reaction?' Posed the question as to whether hawks were done and needed to rebuild the list.

Gerard went over reaction and said given Clarko's record he wanted to wait a few more weeks before writing us off.

Slobbo went 'real' hawks are cactus. Yet more quality analysis and insight from the laziest 'journalist' getting around.

janiglio-png.672401
Perfect summary how I feel after that game. :drunk:

Janiglio.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 8 : Hawks strangle Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back