Preview Round 8 - Richmond vs Fremantle (MCG, 1.10pm, Sun 14 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hoping we can get Griffiths back... I know he hadn't set the world on fire but he's a 200cm mobile player who, with continuity, could be really bloody good. We've been pretty robbed this year.

Do you see Elton having a 20+ disposal 5 goal game like Griff did against Sydney last year?

Griff can take a pack mark too.

Fingers crossed, come on Griff.
I love your optimism... But bar that game against Sydney you realise Griff did nothing either. A remaining 9 goals for the rest of the season from a bloke with 60 games experience...

So take the one off game aside, because any player is capable of having a career best out of the blue, your getting the same out put from a bloke with less than 10 games as you were getting from a bloke who has been given way too many games at the top level without deserving it.

Elton isn't setting the world on fire, but I reckon he has improved with every game he has played this year, and I would be happy to continue to gove him the opportunity to get better for now, compared to someone who's had the opportunity, hasn't done anything with it, and could possibly break in half in the first 5 mins of the game...

Griff hasn't suddenly become a star since he left the seniors.

Wrong place for this post most likely lads but I'm with me wife whose in labour about to give birth to our little one some time tonight or tomorrow and I can hear women screaming in other rooms. Yipes!! I feel unnerved. Come to the Tiger Boards for some quick, sneaky escapism... So the Dockers this Sunday eh?

I reckon Elton on to the ball, Martin to the back pocket, Rance to CHF, Nank to the VFL and Morris and Hunt to get a call up...arghh my mind is scrambled, it's this environment.

Man I feel anxious. Love my wife dearly but it's all about to kick off. How do women do it???

Last edited:
Wrong place for this post most likely lads but I'm with me wife whose in labour about to give birth to our little one some time tonight or tomorrow and I can hear women screaming in other rooms. Yipes!! I feel unnerved. Come to the Tiger Boards for some quick, sneaky escapism... So the Dockers this Sunday eh?
Good luck legend....

Congratulations

I reckon Elton on to the ball, Martin to the back pocket, Rance to CHF, Nank to the VFL and Morris and Hunt to get a call up...arghh my mind is scrambled, it's this environment.

Man I feel anxious. Love my wife dearly but it's all about to kick off. How do women do it???

congrats mate!!!

Good luck :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::D

Hoping all goes well mate :)

Woohoo another little Tiger is coming to town! Congrats.

All the best,to Mrs Black Saab and a new cub on its way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the sounds of it it's your 1st.

Best thing ever....even better than the 1980 GF!!!

No...seriously!!!

I cried a lot more when I saw my son' s conehead appear.

Wasn't miles supposed to be the great white hope to stop these kinds of things......

Mids need to work harder fullstop cant be left upto cotch and dusty all the time

Bit stiff.
First game back and up against one of the toughest in-and-under mid fields in the business.
I'll back him in to lift the work rate against Freo.

Whatever she asks. No matter how ludicrous the demand...just do it for her

Enjoy the most extraordinary journey mate- it's awesome

Whatever she asks. No matter how ludicrous the demand...just do it for her

Enjoy the most extraordinary journey mate- it's awesome
Cheers man, my wife is a number 1 draft pick which means for me to take the number 1 pick demonstrates that I'm a total pleb and have finished on the bottom of the ladder... Which is pretty bloody true I suppose.

I agree man, whatever she wants in this situation I'll help her with. Things going really well. She is dominating.

Yeah so the Dockers huh? Yeah I reckon Peter Bell will be a menace and Modra needs to be curtailed. Who've we got to nullify those pieces?

Cheers man, my wife is a number 1 draft pick which means for me to take the number 1 pick demonstrates that I'm a total pleb and have finished on the bottom of the ladder... Which is pretty bloody true I suppose.

I agree man, whatever she wants in this situation I'll help her with. Things going really well. She is dominating.

Yeah so the Dockers huh? Yeah I reckon Peter Bell will be a menace and Modra needs to be curtailed. Who've we got to nullify those pieces?

Clive Waterhouse should attract a hard tag.

On a serious note, may all go well at the hospital!

Haere Ra

If we are fair dinkum, we beat this mob by 5 goals..! lose this it's almost over for 2017...
We're seriously a very middle of the road team. We do have our moments though. Against poorish teams that's been good enough but we shouldn't trouble you if you can put 4 quarters in. Both midfields are strong but your defence is great. I think this will be the difference. Luckily for us the big Vick has left you guys, he always seemed to play well against us. Keep your forwards mobile and we're done, stagnate in the midfield and we might be a sneaky chance. Tigers by 28.

Well done hope everything goes well

We're seriously a very middle of the road team. We do have our moments though. Against poorish teams that's been good enough but we shouldn't trouble you if you can put 4 quarters in. Both midfields are strong but your defence is great. I think this will be the difference. Luckily for us the big Vick has left you guys, he always seemed to play well against us. Keep your forwards mobile and we're done, stagnate in the midfield and we might be a sneaky chance. Tigers by 28.
Perhaps we can get him back on loan off Box Hill for a week :D
Haven't seen you guys play this year but sounds like you're much improved from the first couple of weeks.

I'll put it another way, the club was mindless and imprudent thinking it could get away with heading into the season with just the one semi-decent key forward (besides Jack) in Griffiths, and wasting a spot on the list with a cooked Maric, who let's face it, won't play, but we think it's okay to lessen our options by having a guy on the list who won't play.
Chol and Moore aren't ready - and won't be next year, so you would think with Griff never having played a full season the club would have some sort of back-up plan, that is recruiting a key forward.
No injury and suspension doesn't help, but sometimes when you manage your list so poorly sometimes you reap what you sow.
I agree with you Goldust. It was always hinging on Griffiths not only playing most of the year but stepping up with more of that 5 goal game. While I thought Vickery should go and McBean didn't work out keeping Maric seemed a good backups backup, but only if he was going to play when required. Looks like that isn't the case and with Hammers injury we have 2 ruckman that are obsolete and Soldo has been elevated. It was always going to be our achilles this year but it's hurting already and Elton and Soldo need to bring their best this year. Seriously hoping that Elton can become a rocket man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back