Preview Round 8 - Richmond vs Fremantle (MCG, 1.10pm, Sun 14 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we can get him back on loan off Box Hill for a week :D
Haven't seen you guys play this year but sounds like you're much improved from the first couple of weeks.
Much improved from the first few games but like I said, in patches. Against WC it was 42 points down in the first and lost by 41, then last week we kicked 12 goals in a half. We have a youngish team that is looking for a 4 quarter game. Keep an eye out for Blakely, played a run with/tagging role recently and racked up big numbers himself. A young gun. Anyone from the Tiges we should look for but dont know much of?

Much improved from the first few games but like I said, in patches. Against WC it was 42 points down in the first and lost by 41, then last week we kicked 12 goals in a half. We have a youngish team that is looking for a 4 quarter game. Keep an eye out for Blakely, played a run with/tagging role recently and racked up big numbers himself. A young gun. Anyone from the Tiges we should look for but dont know much of?

Look out for Vickery :)

If you watched Elton kick that non goal against the Bulldogs you could just tell this is a man seriously lacking confidence. However, this could be the perfect underdog story if he just breaks through that barrier he could become a gun.

I think he is completely different to Griffiths who never seemed to have any confidence issues but rather just isn't that good.

The Mosquito Fleet!! They haven't been as busy in the last couple of games but if our forward entries are good, look out! Both teams may be a bit unpredictable but that can produce interesting footy games!! Are you going? Freo get a reasonable crowd here now, plenty of noise from up the other end. Hopefully quiet this week!

We're seriously a very middle of the road team. We do have our moments though. Against poorish teams that's been good enough but we shouldn't trouble you if you can put 4 quarters in. Both midfields are strong but your defence is great. I think this will be the difference. Luckily for us the big Vick has left you guys, he always seemed to play well against us. Keep your forwards mobile and we're done, stagnate in the midfield and we might be a sneaky chance. Tigers by 28.

This is the key to the game. We've been getting by on just 1-2 good quarters of footy throughout the first 7 games. We need to stop releasing the pressure especially after quarter time. When you think about it though 4 quarter efforts are pretty rare in modern footy - who has played 4 good quarters of footy in recent times? Not even Adelaide this year.

is this the same gameplan that allowed carlspoon to reel in a 35 point lead 4 years ago? :drunk:

i dont like how we get 30 ish points up and then capitulate
This year: 5 goal lead slowly mowed down by the reigning premiers who had an extra 3 blokes on the field
2013: 3 x 6 goal leads choked up in a quarter against the same, mediocre team

I mean, if it starts happening regularly there's reason to be concerned, but at the moment you can dismiss it.

The strangest thing for us this year was previous to this season you could write us off if we got 3 goals down. Our biggest comeback in 5 seasons under Ross was 24 points, and that was to draw. This season every win has been a comeback bigger than that margin. Not saying it will happen this week but you know, it might!

The strangest thing for us this year was previous to this season you could write us off if we got 3 goals down. Our biggest comeback in 5 seasons under Ross was 24 points, and that was to draw. This season every win has been a comeback bigger than that margin. Not saying it will happen this week but you know, it might!
I daresay our team will have been instructed about the dangers of comebacks by other teams following our loss to the Dogs.

Congrats to the chap with the new bub. And so there is a new cub at Tiger land!

About the game- expect your forwards to kill our defenders and you guys to get the jump on us early. However, watch out for when we finally rock up to play midway through the second quarter....

Still think you'll win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to bomb the boards with my personal stuff but...

I have a son!!
Aweseome news.
Congratulations and enjoy the time.

Not too long before the little champ follows you all over the place and you mean everything to him. Nothing beats that feeling.

The Mosquito Fleet!! They haven't been as busy in the last couple of games but if our forward entries are good, look out! Both teams may be a bit unpredictable but that can produce interesting footy games!! Are you going? Freo get a reasonable crowd here now, plenty of noise from up the other end. Hopefully quiet this week!
Unfortunately working all weekend. Small forwards are interesting for us. Spurr and Ibbo can be effective shutdown players but are likely to make mistakes with ball in hand. If your little guys can get the ball to ground and sustain pressure they should get a bag. Ibbo for all of his failings is still one of the best intercept marks in the comp.

If you watched Elton kick that non goal against the Bulldogs you could just tell this is a man seriously lacking confidence. However, this could be the perfect underdog story if he just breaks through that barrier he could become a gun.

I think he is completely different to Griffiths who never seemed to have any confidence issues but rather just isn't that good.
Levi Casboult syndrome?

I have a son!!
Congratulations, great achievement for all three of you!

And, wow, since you have posted more than 100 times we can claim him for the Tigers bigfooty board under the father-son rule!

I have a son!!
200.webp

Surely we comfortably cover these numpties- they have a handful of quality players but a loooooong tail.

We had our downer against Crows but back to form last week - less than a straight kick v the reigning premiers on their home deck...

Looking to re-boost our %.

It may, #weareeveryonesgrandfinal
Freo's turn to run their little leggies orff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back