Preview Round 8 - Richmond vs Fremantle (MCG, 1.10pm, Sun 14 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think the changes will be?

Soldo out for Nank. Elton is showing signs IMO. We played Griff and Tyrone for years without then showing any more or less than Todd has.

Not sure who comes in for Vlastuin, but it should be Lloyd/Menadue. Probably need a midfielder with Markov going back to defence. Townsend a chance IMO.

I'd give CEllis another crack and move him into the middle.

Youre smarter than this

Not everyone is as bad as you say we all are. Youre magnifying the actions of a few and labelling us all

Relax boss .... I'm taking da p**s. ;)
But you are right, there are a few who do take it way too far.
My one and only trip to the game day thread during an actual game was ab absolute embarrassment and an hour I'll never get back.
I actually fear from some people if that's how they react.

Relax boss .... I'm taking da p**s. ;)
But you are right, there are a few who do take it way too far.
My one and only trip to the game day thread during an actual game was ab absolute embarrassment and an hour I'll never get back.
I actually fear from some people if that's how they react.

Game day is a bipolar patient in eccys

anyone thinking we need soldos height against sandilands more than we need eltons dropped marks?

But in all seriousness Soldo is a better ruck than elton, need them to counter Sandilands a bit
I would play Soldo and Nank for sure.

Anything worth listening to or is it like the same stuff trotted out each week?

I know I'll never get those minutes back so I don't want to waste them.
best thing i heard from that presser was that shedda is available to play

Can we win this game by big? Like, 60+ kind of big? The likes of Adelaide and Port Adelaide are dishing out smashing like it's easy. Yeah, Fremantle are not a bad side, but Adelaide even do it to top teams when playing at home.

This is our home ground against an interstate side. Time to dominate and make playing us at the MCG a tough task.

Can we win this game by big? Like, 60+ kind of big? The likes of Adelaide and Port Adelaide are dishing out smashing like it's easy. Yeah, Fremantle are not a bad side, but Adelaide even do it to top teams when playing at home.

This is our home ground against an interstate side. Time to dominate and make playing us at the MCG a tough task.

That's not the Richmond way

That's not the Richmond way
That is true, and it needs to change. In the 2012-2015 days I didn't mind as much considering we didn't cop many big margins against us in those times, but now that we do, we need to dish it out as well.

Injuries may stop us from posting a big margin this week, but I don't see us having many opportunities to win big after this game.

and make up for the % drop we copped from Adelaide!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No

DID you know wee have lost exactly 462 games of football since we last won a premiership. When you throw in about a dozen draws, the umpires have been responsible for each and every one of those non-wins.
They're a disgrace the men in white, who became men in blue, yellow, orange and now lime and grey.
Well, I think we can write-off one of those losses to Cotchin kicking the wrong way against Port in a final, but that's still 461 games the umps have killed us in.

Don't forget Bachar's kick ;), that 460 now.

Oh and I remember being really mad with Dragasevic after missing a shot against Adelaide one day at Etihad that I thought cost us the game. Oh, and Plough balmed Morton for costing him the game and his job once. However the other 458 were definitely the umps and not our crap play...

Would like to see more but cant see more than three changes. Still want to see us put some games into one of Chol or Moore.
Freo are based on their team from last week. I can see them including another tall defender.

Ins
Nankervis
Moore
Lloyd

Outs
Soldo
Vlastuin
C Ellis.

Grimes 192/89 - Astbury 195/95 - Castagna 181/79
Kersten 191/93 - Taberner 199/97 - Walters 177/75

Houli 180/84 - Rance 194/96 - Short 177/75
Crozier 185/83 - McCarthy 192/90 - Grey 182/87

Nankervis 199/106 - Cotchin 185/85 - Miles 179/80
Sandilands 211/118 - Mundy 192/92 - Neale 177/80

Grigg 190/85 - Martin 186/88 - McIntosh 192/91
Sutcliff 186/87 - Fyfe 191/91 - Hill 181/78

Butler 182/80 - Riewoldt 195/91 - Lloyd 180/83
Weller 181/79 - Johnson 195/92 - Langdon 182/76

Rioli 179/75 - Moore 193/90 - Elton 197/101
Spurr 182/82 - Ibbotson 186/85 - Hamling 194/92

Caddy 186/88 - Lambert 178/77 - Markov 188/78 - B Ellis 180/81
Blakeley 188/90 - Hughes 187/88 - Balic 187/82 - Tucker 183/83.

I would play Soldo and Nank for sure.

100% with you re Soldo

Is tall enough to go against Sandi...Nank has shown he has sublime making hands and kicking ability and would be an asset at CHF with our mosquito fleet

Height and muscle around the ground is a good thing

Elton whilst not disastrous is not what we need

DID you know wee have lost exactly 462 games of football since we last won a premiership. When you throw in about a dozen draws, the umpires have been responsible for each and every one of those non-wins.
They're a disgrace the men in white, who became men in blue, yellow, orange and now lime and grey.
Well, I think we can write-off one of those losses to Cotchin kicking the wrong way against Port in a final, but that's still 461 games the umps have killed us in.
Remember how we got beaten by 26 goals against Geelong in 2007? If not for the umps we would've got up by 5 goals.

100% with you re Soldo

Is tall enough to go against Sandi...Nank has shown he has sublime making hands and kicking ability and would be an asset at CHF with our mosquito fleet

That's my theory too...

100% with you re Soldo

This could really work out. Nank to CHF and Soldo as the first ruck... mmmm.....wonder what the club is thinking?

Ivan2 whilst getting plenty of hitouts last week wasn't putting them anywhere near where we needed them and was far too predictable. Against a top flight ruckman like sandi he will get murdered just because he is tall enough doesnt mean he is ready.

Ivan2 whilst getting plenty of hitouts last week wasn't putting them anywhere near where we needed them and was far too predictable. Against a top flight ruckman like sandi he will get murdered just because he is tall enough doesnt mean he is ready.

Bang on the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lessons must be learnt.

Better to blood him in a game we can still win without getting the Hit outs to advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back