Preview Round 8 - Richmond vs Fremantle (MCG, 1.10pm, Sun 14 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandi will dominate whoever we put in but we know at least that nank will compete after the hitout and offer more round the ground . Let Ivan jr go back to vfl and work on his game

Elton is better / more experienced as the tall forward . We cannot carry all 3 e

Looking forward to this game. It's Richmond's game to lose but the MCG holds no fear for Freo. Mundy and that famous win over the Tigers in 2015 is still a favourite. Hopefully Houli still likes to bomb it.
Racist

Don't agree. We'll have a state of the art facility next year, and the tourism dollars that would come from that would be greatly needed by the West.
We've put a lot of money in to the AFL coffers, and i think a GF in Perth or Radelaide is way overdue.
Neither ground hold enough people though. Can't be playing the GF at a 60k or 50k seat stadium.

Don't agree. We'll have a state of the art facility next year, and the tourism dollars that would come from that would be greatly needed by the West.
We've put a lot of money in to the AFL coffers, and i think a GF in Perth or Radelaide is way overdue.
Perth will never happen until its logistically possible to get 40,000 people over there in a week. Neither will happen until they've got an 80k plus stadium, and given both have now got brand new 50k stadiums, it's not gonna happen for a long, long time.

Perth will never happen until its logistically possible to get 40,000 people over there in a week. Neither will happen until they've got an 80k plus stadium, and given both have now got brand new 50k stadiums, it's not gonna happen for a long, long time.
Would also be interested to know travel times and fares, accommodation costs and availability, how long the visitors would need to stay etc.
What a bloody nightmare.

Will it have 100,000 seats?

No? How about 50,000?

I think it is a risk we can take against freo - would be handy id say
I like this idea.

There was a glimpse of what he can do in the first quarter against the Bulldogs. Nearly took a pack mark in our forward 50, something we haven't been seeing very often in our games. We could use him as a tall target inside 50, and if he shows that he can out-mark some opposition KPDs (considering he is like 204 cm), then we have a solution at hand for our current tall woes in the forward line. At the very least if he doesn't mark he can bring the ball to the ground for our small forwards to mop up. I don't know if he is agile enough to be a forward though, but I guess we find out through trying.

I just don't think we can continue with this overly small forward line. We simply need to find a couple of talls, so I am not against trying Soldo in there while Nankervis rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fighting Sandilands on his own turf, hitouts, by playing Soldo I don't think it the way to go. Ivan couldn't touch, budge or get close to a hitout against Sandilands, so asking Soldo is not realistic. Likewise Nankervis won't win many hitouts but has the potential at ground level to throw his weight around against a big bodies midfield, but also to work old Sandi over my playing mobile and pushing wide and forward.

Soldo played because we had no one else to ruck last week. THat is the only reason
Thats not true we had Maric who even at this stage of his career (some will say cooked) is a better option than Soldo.

We clearly gave Soldo a game for the experience with an eye on the longer term.We picked our target well, against a team who only had a bloke who is more kpp than ruck in Boyd.

What i complain about is the refusal to do a similar thing with say Moore or Chol we are screaming out for a third tall option up fwd.

I'd bring in Lloyd and Lennon this week.

They are both better footballers than Butler and Castagna. Butler can stay in the team because he is in better form than Castagna but needs to get involved a little bit more.

Elton/Soldo I don't really care but we need one.

If Edwards is fit I'd drop C.Ellis, just didn't do enough in a close game and we can't be playing the development card when we are % out of top 4.

Team for this week should line-up like this

B: Grimes, Astbury, Short
HB: Markov, Rance, Houli
C: McIntosh, Cotchin, B.Ellis
HF: Lennon, Elton/Soldo, Butler
F: Lloyd, Riewoldt, Rioli
R: Nankervis, Martin, Grigg
Int: Caddy, S.Edwards/C.Ellis, Lambert, Miles

why do so many want Lennon in the side for such an IMportant match the guy hasn't even played 1 decent afl game as yet and is painfully slow as well

guys calling for lloyd AND lennon to come in are way off imo

our gameplan is based on forward pressure and both of these guys struggle with this aspect big time

only 1 can come in imo

Thats not true we had Maric who even at this stage of his career (some will say cooked) is a better option than Soldo.

We clearly gave Soldo a game for the experience with an eye on the longer term.We picked our target well, against a team who only had a bloke who is more kpp than ruck in Boyd.

What i complain about is the refusal to do a similar thing with say Moore or Chol we are screaming out for a third tall option up fwd.

Maric couldn't play due to back issues. Didn't play VFL either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back