Preview Round 8: The Sydney Swans vs. The Melbourne Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Scans would have picked up any anomalies by now. Any dad-to-be is naturally worried but I doubt it's preying on his mind. The problems are likely to come post birth when baby won't sleep, parents don't sleep and the resulting sleep deprivation causes the parents to tear each other apart in a frenzied orgy of fatigue, desperation and suppressed anger.

(er...at least that's my experience)
That sounds about right.

While we have some issues right now, i think we have to appreciate some teams are worse off.

Copied form the Melbourne board:
Samsara:
Out: spud, dud, disinterested downhill skier, hack
In: dud, spud, marshmallow, hack, fringe vfl player

Theseventhhamster:
I don't mind these but I'd throw list clogger in there instead of marshmallow on the smaller SCG

Gave me a good chuckle.

Didnt see the tigers game, but judging from my reading online it should be

out: seaby, shaw, mcveigh, hanneberry, okeefe, dennis-lane, malceski, kennedy, everitt, bird, jack, white, reid, mcglynn, bolton, richards, parker, mattner, jetta. johnson, grundy, smith

in: mitchell, meredith, morton, lamb, walsh, armstrong, lockyer, spangher, mcneil, lrt, moore, heath, brown, pyke, mumford(even injured as seaby that bad), lynch, krueger, cunningham, gordon, biggs and just grab 2 cheer squad members

you would think Morton will get his chance this week. 8against Brissie ressies should get him in surely . Take your pick for who, and TDL should have a full game. I say give Reid a complete rest, no ressies. LRT in for White if fit, and Pyke for Seaby, Seaby looks old and slow.

In. Morton, Lrt Pyke
Out Reid White. Seaby

The Wiz will be there. Remember him? He was the biggest thing on the footy field.

The Sydney Swans are celebrating 30 years in Sydney this Saturday.

To celebrate we are encouraging those coming to the match to wear your best Retro gear!

We will be looking for the best dressed fan inspired by the 80's and 90's. Spotters will be searching for the best dressed fans between 3.30pm - 4.30pm. The best dressed contestants to join special guest judge Warwick Capper on the field at half-time.

Alright! That's good stuff.

The Wiz will be there. Remember him? He was the biggest thing on the footy field

Alright! That's good stuff.

Thinking of digging out my old school shorts, a blonde wig and wearing the Capper look but want to be 100% authentic. Does anyone remember which side he hung the snag ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have some very very small shorts (signed by Barassi), and a early 90's training top signed by Kels and someone else. Now is the time.

Also Crouch's 150 game boots, for some reason. They fit my girlfriend perfectly.

Like I said before I dont think its a personal issue as much as it is a set up and attitude issue. Gotta stop getting jumped at the start, we should be doing the jumping.

Is Pyke injured or recovering?

Did he play is reserves on the w/e?

If he's fit he should be in, Seaby is a waste of space.

I love to hate on Jesse White but god there is not much else in terms of forward stocks running around. If he is rubbish against Melbourne god I don't know...

Either way very unlikely to be on the list by next year.

Everitt is a hack and seeing Vez play on the w/e god this trade will hurt in a few years I reckon.

Swans not much Goodes without Adam and it shows on the scoreboard.

There are players who should be stepping up during Adams' absence, shamefully they're just not up to it. It's time for some tough decision making by Horse and the MC.

We'll win this game (DERRR !) and should win by 10+ goals but if'n we play like we did v Tiges, then the 4pts are no gimme.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 8: The Sydney Swans vs. The Melbourne Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back