Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spewing, was hoping to see if Skipworth played and if not, trade him to Stevie J this week.

Am a couple of thousand short and Skippy hasn't come up, argh!

Is it time to buy Franklin? Does he get cheaper than $437k?

Is Steve Johnson ridiculous value at $475k?

Krakouer and Higgins - have they served their purpose, or was last week a hiccup?

Well, from what I understand P Burgoyne was playing the quarterback role last game. If that becomes a permanent move and they start playing Krakouer in the forward line that is big trouble for us SCers. I only saw bits of the game so maybe someone who saw all of it might want to confirm this.

Higgins was rested from what I can gather. No reason to think that he will get less points. Maybe the return to form of Cooney and more midfield time for Gilbee might effect him a bit but I would consider him a keeper.

Steve Johnson will score you 158 one week and 47 the next. I can't stand players like that. He will average you 90 to 100 but in an erratic way.

Buddy kicked 5 goals and scored just over 100 SC points against an E grade defense. Can you imagine what he would have scored with a half arsed decent defense? The delivery to him was shocking, he gave away his usual clangers and free kicks and will not be good value until Hawks get some fit players back into that team and start delivering him the ball on a silver platter like all of last year.

razor1, thanks for the well-thought-out advice.

Now that you've poo-pooed all of my ideas, however.... hmmmnnnn. What to do?

Unless injuries are hurting you just sit on your trades for a while.

Bloody Hodge and Rance going down is hurting me bad. Petrenko needs a miracle to be picked and it sounds like Hurley will not return this week and I will wear two zeros. Hodge is a worry with all this 'same injury as Judd' talk.

Here is my question. I blew 8 trades to date due to injuries mostly. I am sure most of you are in a similar position. If I trade aggressively in the next 3 weeks (ie use 6 trades total) I can get this team. I worked out the estimated values of players using tooserious and went really really conservative, so in reality I will have more money then I calculated. So by Rd 10 I could have this team.

Back: Goddard, Gilbee, Cornes, Drummond, Newman, Adcock, Hurley
Emergency: Grimes and Rance

Mid: Bartell, Judd, Goodes, Cooney, L Power, Premium (worth 550K)
Emergency: Hartlett and Robinson

Ruck: Cox and McIntosh
Emergency: Pyke and Spencer

Froward: Deledio, Chapman, J Brown, Roughead, Higgins, Krakouer, Premium (worth 550K)
Emergencies: Walker and Hogan.

Only 6 trades left.
I am going for overall ranking. Currently 390ish.

With only the 6 trades left it means I would most likely be stuck with Adcock, Higgins, Krakeour and with one of Hurley/Rance/Grimes in the team. Towards the end I will use my trades to upgrade them but in the meantime I will need to sit on them for around 8 to 10 rounds incase of long term injury.

Cheers

Bloody Hodge and Rance going down is hurting me bad. Petrenko needs a miracle to be picked and it sounds like Hurley will not return this week and I will wear two zeros. Hodge is a worry with all this 'same injury as Judd' talk.

Here is my question. I blew 8 trades to date due to injuries mostly. I am sure most of you are in a similar position. If I trade aggressively in the next 3 weeks (ie use 6 trades total) I can get this team. I worked out the estimated values of players using tooserious and went really really conservative, so in reality I will have more money then I calculated. So by Rd 10 I could have this team.

Froward: Deledio, Chapman, J Brown, Roughead, Higgins, Krakouer, Premium (worth 550K)

Only 6 trades left.

With only the 6 trades left it means I would most likely be stuck with Adcock, Higgins, Krakeour and with one of Hurley/Rance/Grimes in the team. Towards the end I will use my trades to upgrade them but in the meantime I will need to sit on them for around 8 to 10 rounds incase of long term injury.

Cheers

At the current injury rate, you'll be out of trades by round 14.

At the current injury rate, you'll be out of trades by round 14.

Yeah.....that's my big worry. Mind you.....I am looking at two doughnuts in the backline this week so likely will need to make a double trade regardless.

Jeez SC has been evil this year.

Only 6 trades left.

Cheers

The only thing I would consider is that you've used 8 trades in the first 7 weeks for injury, and you're hoping to make do with 6 for 10 weeks. Maybe the injury rate will slow down, but what if it doesn't? You could be left very high and dry towards the end of the season.

The only thing I would consider is that you've used 8 trades in the first 7 weeks for injury, and you're hoping to make do with 6 for 10 weeks. Maybe the injury rate will slow down, but what if it doesn't? You could be left very high and dry towards the end of the season.

I agree with this advice

I feel the pressure to build the perfect team by round 10 too but I have decided it won't happen that quick and there will always be someone "for sale" in a given week when I am ready to make the change.

ie, forcing yourself to trade in Levi Greenwood :eek: just smacks of going too hard at it IMO

Will any of us actually achieve team perfection?

without looking at it in too much depth just yet, thinking of:

Rich / Otten / (maybe Tuck) >> Cockie

and

Geary / Petrenko >> Gilbee

I wouldnt trade Otten out just yet, he is scoring well and a good backup to have around with all these injuries.

Tuck might come good but this is a risk, Rich is kind of similar.

I have Otten, Rich and Tuck all ready to be upgraded this week, and yes, I agree. Otten and Rich still have upside to me.

Tuck > Dal Santo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krakouer -> Franklin

OR

Skipworth - > Rookie and Krakouer -> The Roo

Any advice appreciated :)

Port are playing the Benny Hill forwardline of Richmond this week.

Maybe give Krakouer another week?

Going
Rich>>Davenport
then
Otten>>Sewell/Pendles/Leon Davis/Hayes well anybody :p got 640k

Midfield already is
Dal,Ablett,Corey,Bartel,Judd,Otten (Rich.Zaha)

Going to think over the week on who to pick

thinking this week seems like ti would be good to go..

t. tuck > davenport
rich > someone under the 570k mark, maybe either judd or murphy.. wish i had the extra 20k to upgrade to dal santo though..

Dang! was planning on Rich --> Coondog this week... am $3k short :(

Really didnt want to use 2 trades this week as I am already down to 14.
May have to get Grimes in.
What do you guys think about Grimesy? Can score well, yes, but with all the injuries so far can people really afford the risk of picking up a player like Grimes who has had chronic back issues?

thinking this week seems like ti would be good to go..

t. tuck > davenport
rich > someone under the 570k mark, maybe either judd or murphy.. wish i had the extra 20k to upgrade to dal santo though..

Sounds good but It would be wise not to bring a player in after only one match

I would wait til next week to make this trade
Whys that?
Rich has hit his peak most likely. Kept him last week and he went down so i want to get rid of him now.

And if he loses me another 15k or so i will miss out on Leon and then theres Lenny and Montagna and im already packed with saints so dont really want them. Sewell would be my next option and i don't really like him that much so want Davis or Pendles also because i dont have 1 collingwood player

Going
Rich>>Davenport
then
Otten>>Sewell/Pendles/Leon Davis/Hayes well anybody :p got 640k

Midfield already is
Dal,Ablett,Corey,Bartel,Judd,Otten (Rich.Zaha)

Going to think over the week on who to pick

That's a great midfield :thumbsu:

Do you mind me asking if you have gaps somewhere else ... ie, have you focussed on your mids specifically?

Whys that?
Rich has hit his peak most likely. Kept him last week and he went down so i want to get rid of him now.

And if he loses me another 15k or so i will miss out on Leon and then theres Lenny and Montagna and im already packed with saints so dont really want them. Sewell would be my next option and i don't really like him that much so want Davis or Pendles also because i dont have 1 collingwood player

Firstly it is because Davenport has only played 1 game. it is always a much better idea to look at a rookie twice before bringing them in. Im not entirely sure that Davenport is a lock in the PA side at the moment.

Secondly because i seriously doubt that Rich has peaked. He may have lost $ this week and he may do so again next week, but with his current avg he is still predicted to reach 400k+.

There are several people looking at trading out Rich this week, whereas 3 weeks ago most people were thinking of keeping him for the whole year. Personally, im not off the Rich bandwaggon just yet. (feel free to disagree).

Most importantly, my no.1 rule of SC is dont pick premium collingwood players. They are all spuds. They are a team full of spuds, especially Ken Doll (cloke) ;):p:D

EDIT: Hondo makes a good point above. Surely you have more pressing issues than fixing that midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back