Autopsy Round 8 vs Adelaide Rant Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have never seen a team look less overwhelmed (?) playing on foreign turf than Adelaide at Etihad.

I think it's the reverse. Carlton is the only team in the AFL who has a home ground DISADVANTAGE.

If we had the MCG as our home ground last year we would of made the top 4. We may have even won a premiership.

Etihad Stadium (or whatever it is called now) and the bullshit deal that Ian Collins signed us up for may cost us one or more premierships before the deal is done. We will never know, but it's fact that we do not play well on the ground.

I tried to start a thread about this in the past, but our wise moderators don't think that this is worthy of discussion.

I tried to start a thread about this in the past, but our wise moderators don't think that this is worthy of discussion.

Sounds simplistic. There have been many discussions about our home ground arrangement that have continued unabated. I don't recall your particular thread but sometimes it depends on the approach and on whether we have a similar thread running at the same time.

Sounds simplistic. There have been many discussions about our home ground arrangement that have continued unabated. I don't recall your particular thread but sometimes it depends on the approach and on whether we have a similar thread running at the same time.

I posted an articulate, non-libellous thread that warranted discussion and it was deleted within 10 minutes. It's a shame, because the points I have made above were worthwhile for consideration.

I think it's the reverse. Carlton is the only team in the AFL who has a home ground DISADVANTAGE.

If we had the MCG as our home ground last year we would of made the top 4. We may have even won a premiership.

Etihad Stadium (or whatever it is called now) and the bullshit deal that Ian Collins signed us up for may cost us one or more premierships before the deal is done. We will never know, but it's fact that we do not play well on the ground.

100% agree on the ground! If we aren't at the MCG when this deal is up I will Riot!

I hate going to the dome, feels like a game of basketball and we are sh1thouse there.

100% agree on the ground! If we aren't at the MCG when this deal is up I will Riot!

I hate going to the dome, feels like a game of basketball and we are sh1thouse there.

I agree totally, just curious to know when is our contract up at that shit hole?

We could always....you know...learn how to play on a patch of grass with a roof? I'm sure it's not that overly difficult.
Why move the goalposts completely when you could just learn to kick.

I posted an articulate, non-libellous thread that warranted discussion and it was deleted within 10 minutes. It's a shame, because the points I have made above were worthwhile for consideration.

Semi-articulate. It was subtitled the Ian Collins roast with references to him doing sweet **** all as president etc. (minus the swear filtering)

Read part discussion, part anger and was posted after a loss. The mod who closed it asked for venting to be kept in the one thread. That's probably where you send a PM to the mod and let him know he might have misread the situation, not wait for 10 months and have a shot. We do tend to do a lot of cleaning up of negative threads after most matches.

FWIW though, the Etihad debate has been around for a bit, the thought wasn't exactly a new one. I can't pretend to know the exact motivation for the close but he did post an explanation before closing. From what I can see, it wasn't deleted, just locked.

Feel free to PM mods and seek feedback if you have any queries about closed or deleted threads. Plenty of others do it and we make an effort to get back to them.

We could always....you know...learn how to play on a patch of grass with a roof? I'm sure it's not that overly difficult.
Why move the goalposts completely when you could just learn to kick.

Exactly. All the whinging about the stadium is ludicrous.

The fault lies with the footy club for not developing a game plan suitable to the venue where we play 30-40% of our games.

How weak is this. Maybe we should develop a game plan that wins games no matter what the ground instead of crying about it, hope the players don't feel the same otherwise we are beaten before we run out. Better get used to Etihad, cannot see the AFL given us 11 home games at the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check your facts. I PM'ed the moderator on the day asking why it was deleted and got no good reason as a response. It was articulate and was not slanderous or libellous. I'm certain of that.

Unfortunately, sometimes if you give someone a showbag with a plastic gun and a tin badge they automatically consider themselves Dirty Harry. It's a shame, because as I've been saying, this dodgy stadium deal may very well cost us a premiership, if it already hasn't.

Does anyone disagree that we're the only team in the AFL with a home ground disadvantage?

Check your facts. I PM'ed the moderator on the day asking why it was deleted and got no good reason as a response. It was articulate and was not slanderous or libellous. I'm certain of that.

Unfortunately, sometimes if you give someone a showbag with a plastic gun and a tin badge they automatically consider themselves Dirty Harry. It's a shame, because as I've been saying, this dodgy stadium deal may very well cost us a premiership, if it already hasn't.

Does anyone disagree that we're the only team in the AFL with a home ground disadvantage?

The stats say we play better elsewhere - but ask yourself why thisis teh case? Maybe Etihad's smaller area- allows teams to play a grind game better - the type of game our girls blouses arent up for? Then ask yourself - why do we have a team list made up of girls blouses and featherweights in the first place....

I want to see old Carlton wmwrge please - a team with palyers in it that can clean up an opponent - a team which other teamsd DONT LOOK FORWARD TO PLAYING

we are soft targets with soft players- doesnt matter wher we play against the better sides.

Have to agree. I'd still back us in against almost anyone at the MCG.

It should have been discussed between the players and coaches before now and it is a poor excuse, but the fact is that for whatever reason we do not play that venue well at all. Only the Sydney win last year is worth remembering as a good performance there.

In fact, as go as far to say that I'm more confident when we're interstate than I am at Etihad.

Maybe your right but I think the problem is more about our staff's ability to scout and come up with a game plan for each weeks opponent. They have all week to break down an opposing team and come up with a game plan or strategies to beat the next opponent and we seem to fail miserably time and time again.

1 thing I am positive about is Adelaide play Etihad far better then us so this week we certainly did have a home ground disadvantage and how the bookies can start us at $1.40 compared to $3.00 is a joke!!

How weak is this. Maybe we should develop a game plan that wins games no matter what the ground instead of crying about it, hope the players don't feel the same otherwise we are beaten before we run out. Better get used to Etihad, cannot see the AFL given us 11 home games at the MCG.

Errr...do you understand the way that it works? We could play more games at the MCG if we hadn't of signed the stadium deal. How many home games to Collingwood play at Etihad?

1 thing I am positive about is Adelaide play Etihad far better then us so this week we certainly did have a home ground disadvantage and how the bookies can start us at $1.40 compared to $3.00 is a joke!!

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I took the $6 on us losing by more than 17.5 points and cried all of the way to the bank.

The stats say we play better elsewhere - but ask yourself why thisis teh case? Maybe Etihad's smaller area- allows teams to play a grind game better - the type of game our girls blouses arent up for? Then ask yourself - why do we have a team list made up of girls blouses and featherweights in the first place....

The more space we have the better we play, though even that's not a golden rule. Essendon beat us up on the MCG.

I'm pretty confident in saying that we would of beaten St Kilda at the MCG (yes, I do know it was an away game).

:eek: How the hell can it be not spoken about or recognised up until now, We are in more trouble then I think if this is the case, what are our coaches looking at!!

This is exactly right.
I've dreaded going to watch games at Etihad for years, but still endure the torture and inevitable outcomes that usually occur there.

To not talk about it is like adopting a child and delaying telling him/her about it.

As ODN has already pointed out KD, the thread was locked NOT deleted and an explanation was given as to why it was locked.

If you check your profile page under statistics (threads started) you will find it.

As far as the Etihad debate goes, there is nothing that can be done until our contract expires at the end of the 2014 season.

FACT !!!!

I wanted to come on here Sunday and rip the team a new exit point. I wanted the list gutted out and fed to the pigs.

But I sat back and thought of a couple things.

1 - It's round 8. We are despite Sunday 5-3. And if that was the worst performance we do for the year I'll look back on this week as a turning point. Yes there is a chance it's going to go to hell in a handbasket, there ALWAYS is that chance. But we need to look to the next game instead of haunting ourselves over the last. It'll only hold us back.

2 - We made the GF in 1993. Can anybody who was around at that time see how we started that year off really poorly as well? We didn't click into gear until round 9 or 10 from memory. We can crack the top 4 still 1993 showed us it's possible.

3- Brisbane Lions were spanked by us in the middle of 2001. They didn't drop a game after that to win the first of 3 Premierships. Can we go to the end of the year undefeated? Perhaps, perhaps not but are we no mathematical chance whatsoever? No. We can find ourselves sitting at 7-3 in two weeks time. That is a good platform to work with.

I'd rather think about the positive possibles at this point. It's better than the alternative.

1 - It's round 8. We are despite Sunday 5-3. And if that was the worst performance we do for the year I'll look back on this week as a turning point.

I agree with this, lets get over melbourne this week, head to adelaide a few days early for a bit of team bonding then lets have red hot crack at Geelong.

We are back to being the hunter not the hunted and that suits me just fine.

Unfortunately, sometimes if you give someone a showbag with a plastic gun and a tin badge they automatically consider themselves Dirty Harry.

I indicated I was not the moderator involved and that moderator has since left our ranks so I can not speak on their behalf. As I said the moderator did leave an explanation in the thread however.

As for your little shot, if you want to publicly comment on moderation in order to look for support or undermine moderation, the level of assistance you receive is bound to diminish. It's a voluntary position and mostly thankless. It's all too easy for individuals to have pot shots over something so ridiculously trivial as a closed thread. Do we get every decision right? I'd say not. Do we have good intentions? 99.9% of the time yes.

You win no favours posting as you have above. I'm certain of that.

If you check your profile page under statistics (threads started) you will find it.

I never knew I could do this. Look at that. I've started some top quality threads.

Looking at those old threads and just for the fun of it, I'm going to say that I've been right about my opinions on Henderson, Fevola, Bower, Jacobs and wrong about Walker and Hampson (I said he could mark a ball).

As far as the Etihad debate goes, there is nothing that can be done until our contract expires at the end of the 2014 season.

FACT !!!!

That's not a fact at all mate. Do you think we would be the first team to negotiate out of a stadium deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 8 vs Adelaide Rant Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back