Autopsy Round 9, 2021: Hawks get bounced

Remove this Banner Ad

The game day thread closed before I could reply.

Blaming the umps for this 🤣

I’ve been critical of the game plan the last couple of weeks since the Saints loss and this week is no different in my opinion, but we tried to claw it back with some fight which at the very least I want to see.

I’m not blaming the umpires for our loss, I just observed that the team looked to have given up with those run of clutch moment calls. And that for me is disappointing and disheartening.

What we do have is a huge problem with the turnovers, and once North found composure, they ran us over much like every other team.

This side is a joke. Where do you start with the players to drop. Let’s go Hanrahan, O’Brien, Hartley, Shiels, Moore,. I don’t even care who comes in, just don’t want those players playing next week and don’t want to see Hanrahan or Hartley in a Hawks jumper again.

End of year trade Mitchell and Breust, they will get us first rounders to a contender trying to push for a flag. Worpel better in the team when Mitch not playing.

I am fine with losing if we are being fair dinkum about a rebuild, but at the moment, I don’t think Clarko is.

chief-wiggum.png

We are worse than I thought and I knew we were bad. But I thought we would beat North reasonably easily.

I was born in 84. This is the least talented Hawthorn list I’ve seen. The skills are just atrocious (other than Wingard who is wasted playing for us).

I don’t care whether we finish 17th or 18th from here. The reality of where we are at is worse than I thought it was and we will need every bit of help at the draft we can get to fix this mess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when it's easy, we look good. When the oppo make it difficult for us, we really struggle.
Kosi is clearly our best big KPF.
Frosty doing his big runs are great for us when he links up with the handballs, when he tries to kick its just awful.
Hartigan did some good things, but undid a lot of his good work giving away frees.
Cousins is clearly no Sewell etc. making multiple blues, but I still like what he brings to the team when compared to the other players on our list.
I'm surprised at just how far T Phillips has fallen short of my expectations.

Clarko has spoken a lot about keeping the players confidence up..... not sure what he can do after that.

They fact they couldn’t win in a week they were wearing black armbands for Brendan Edwards, is more than a little shameful, coughing up a good lead, and all. 😔

Do you honestly think any player out there even knows who Brendan Edwards is? (apart from seeing his name on the past players board)... Most of them would be happy to wear the black arm band as they think it may add some definition to their bicep...

Total blame on the coach. Play too tall every week. Play a game that we have such a low amount of inside 50’s. We need to start questioning Clarko’s position. You’ve been great but time to finish up.
This will be his last year I think, doesn’t matter he is contracted for next year, I think there will be a mutual parting of ways.

Honestly, I'm as irritated to lose this one as the next man but some of the comments on here are just crap. "sack Clarkson" blah blah blah, far out, are you hawks? or blues supporters.. I think we just need to accept that our list has some giant holes at the moment and Clarkson can't stop that. Give us one or two more decent players and I don't think our team is as bad as you would think. Our back line with Sicilly, Day, Scrimshaw will look a hell of a lot better.. we got Hartigan as a stop-gap for this year and he will be replaced quickly. Worpel gets back to his 2019 form and a year more of growth into our forwards and suddenly we look a lot stronger.

Not claiming we're premiership contenders in a year, just think people need to take a step back, realize we were always going to be crap in this gap year and try to just suck it up a bit and stop screaming "fire the coach".. there are other crap supporter bases in this competition to throw out junk like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 9, 2021: Hawks get bounced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back