Preview Round 9, 2023: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 14th May, 1:10PM AEST *SINCLAIR 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
King isn't playing mate
Thanks I just read the previous page and press releases. I guess the club are being cautious with our rehab program given the past issues. I hope it will give Caminiti a game and some clear space to find his spot before King returns. Puts more pressure on Membrey to stand up and regain some form, otherwise he could find himself being the out for King next week.

Owens to tag Dawson?

Both are a similar height and speed. Mitch can get it over him in a strength contest.

Would go a long way to winning this game if we could keep him quiet.

I put the C on Dawson is supercoach as i can see him owning us unless we do something significant to so stop him.
Windhaven is our tagger, not OWENS. Remember the job he did on the reigning Brownlow medalist against Brisbane last season?

Owens to tag Dawson?

Both are a similar height and speed. Mitch can get it over him in a strength contest.

Would go a long way to winning this game if we could keep him quiet.

I put the C on Dawson is supercoach as i can see him owning us unless we do something significant to so stop him.
Dawson can tag Owens if he likes but not the other way around. Owens is a God. Doesn't tag.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Im confident King will play, I think RTB was just playing 'ducks & drakes' to keep them guessing. I also hope somehow we can squeeze Caminiti into the side, he gives a lot more than his stats represent. That will allow Owens to play more midfield minutes where we desperately need an injection.
Ross said unequivocally that he wont be playing. Not sure why he'd play games when he's been dead honest about everything all year.

Nicks has said we won't be replacing Murray with a tall, instead looking to go smaller in defense. I don't think you will get one Crows supporter that agrees with this, as it bit us in the arse last time we played your mob trying this tactic. I think they have got sucked in to Hinge doing a good job on Cameron in the 2nd half last week and that they can get away without the extra tall defender given King is still out.

Nicks has said we won't be replacing Murray with a tall, instead looking to go smaller in defense. I don't think you will get one Crows supporter that agrees with this, as it bit us in the arse last time we played your mob trying this tactic. I think they have got sucked in to Hinge doing a good job on Cameron in the 2nd half last week and that they can get away without the extra tall defender given King is still out.

Possibly, but Caminiti will be the only real tall we play.

Hinge is as tall as Membrey (who is out of form) so it's not the worst match up for him.

Gonna be a ripping game.

Possibly, but Caminiti will be the only real tall we play.

Hinge is as tall as Membrey (who is out of form) so it's not the worst match up for him.

Gonna be a ripping game.
Hmmm ok. What are the heights of your forwards? Maybe Hinge takes Membrey then and Butts on Caminiti. Who goes into the ruck when Marshall goes forward?

Reckon king will come back now only for the Hawks. Doubt they’ll take him to the GWS game.

Then a bye - so one game in half a season.

Drafting Caminiti was Nostradamus- like. Guess we owe Jack Silvagni one.

Hmmm ok. What are the heights of your forwards? Maybe Hinge takes Membrey then and Butts on Caminiti. Who goes into the ruck when Marshall goes forward?
Marshall hasn't been going forward and might not even play.

Owens will relief ruck

Perhaps we will spring a surprise and play both King & Caminiti then😀

Pretty sure that's why Veer Right said "at the moment". Nobody is saying Hammer gets picked ahead of King when King is up and about.
Sorry, but that's not what he said. He said, and I quote:

I was thinking to myself this week i would rather Caminiti in the team before King at the moment.

There is no circumstance that supports that stance in my humble opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure which small you have coming in to replace Murray. I went with Will Hamill below but feel free to correct it.

Caminiti - 196cm v Butts - 198cm
Sharman - 193cm v Hinge - 189cm
Owens - 191cm v Michalanney - 190cm
Membrey - 188cm v Doedee - 187cm
Billings - 185cm* v Smith - 189cm
Butler - 182cm v Milera - 184cm
Higgins - 178cm v Hamill - 185cm

*Billings a possible inclusion.

Overall I think it works fairly well on both sides. Could see Dawson playing a little more defensive on the likes of Billings/Wood also,following them as they drift inside 50.

Marshall hasn't been forward much this season but it could be something we try to expose that missing tall.

Highly recommend anyone who has time to go back and watch the Mini Match from last years game against the Crows. We were in a similar spot on the ladder and played pretty attractive footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was hoping that we'd drop Membrey for King but I doubt we replace him with Caminiti, leaving a ridiculously inexperienced tall forward combo of Hammer, Sharman and Owens. Webster might come straight in for Paton.

No idea how selection will actually play out this week. I really hope Sharman isn't dropped on the back of a really solid game after sitting out due to being the emergency/Sandy having a bye for a month or so.

Highly recommend anyone who has time to go back and watch the Mini Match from last years game against the Crows. We were in a similar spot on the ladder and played pretty attractive footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My recollection of that was king kicked 6.0 didn’t he?

Crows on top for a fair bit too

Not sure which small you have coming in to replace Murray. I went with Will Hamill below but feel free to correct it.

Caminiti - 196cm v Butts - 198cm
Sharman - 193cm v Hinge - 189cm
Owens - 191cm v Michalanney - 190cm
Membrey - 188cm v Doedee - 187cm
Billings - 185cm* v Smith - 189cm
Butler - 182cm v Milera - 184cm
Higgins - 178cm v Hamill - 185cm

*Billings a possible inclusion.

Overall I think it works fairly well on both sides. Could see Dawson playing a little more defensive on the likes of Billings/Wood also,following them as they drift inside 50.

Marshall hasn't been forward much this season but it could be something we try to expose that missing tall.
Oh, forgot about Sharman, damn. Doesn't Wood play forward? How tall is he?

Our inaccuracy killed us, very similar story to all our losses this year outside of the Geelong game.
I think you’ll be rightfully favourites. Because if you get on a run on at home. You’ll be hard to stop.

The flipside is that if we come out and bring the level of consistency we have shown so far. I think you’ll struggle to go 4 quarters against us. So it will come down to how much damage you do when you’re on top.

Ie port kicked 4 second quarter goals in 10 minutes. Pies kicked 3 in 10 in the last.

Ultimately both periods won them the match

I think you’ll be rightfully favourites. Because if you get on a run on at home. You’ll be hard to stop.

The flipside is that if we come out and bring the level of consistency we have shown so far. I think you’ll struggle to go 4 quarters against us. So it will come down to how much damage you do when you’re on top.

Ie port kicked 4 second quarter goals in 10 minutes. Pies kicked 3 in 10 in the last.

Ultimately both periods won them the match
Good summary. Our biggest issue has not been getting momentum in matches, it's been converting during those times on the scoreboard. Not just with accuracy, but spotting up that last kick inside 50. Had the first 7 inside 50s against Geelong and could only manage one goal out of that.

Wood is listed at 192cm. He has played quite a bit of time forward the last couple of games, but I think that really was just needs based since Camminiti was suspended and Max still injured.

Wood's best use by far (in my view) is 100% wing so he can fold back in defence and be there for outlet kicks up and down the line. I suspect this week we'll see him back to that role.

Looking forward to Chito v. Michalanney.

Wood is listed at 192cm. He has played quite a bit of time forward the last couple of games, but I think that really was just needs based since Camminiti was suspended and Max still injured.

Wood's best use by far (in my view) is 100% wing so he can fold back in defence and be there for outlet kicks up and down the line. I suspect this week we'll see him back to that role.

Looking forward to Chito v. Michalanney.
Is there any likelihood you bring someone like Campbell in to push Marshall forward and stretch our defense? That’s the worry on our board.

Nicks will bring in Worrell who is the current AFL prototype defender that can play tall, or on mid size forwards

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wood is 192 cms but has played almost exclusively on the defensive wing for us this year.

He's pushed forward at times to create mismatches, which is where someone like Dawson or Smith might have to come across and mark him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back