Game Day Round 9, 2023: Adelaide v St.Kilda *SINCLAIR 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crows at home will be a massive test , they beat Port well , flogged Carlton and lost to the Pies by a point and the Cats by a couple goals.
Our test again will be to score and most probably the reason they have brought back in Hammer back , knowing he is more of a threat in the forward line than Cordy.
Of course we will need our midfield to be on there game and it's time for Steele to show his best form and in saying that Membery has to start to show why he is in the team because the last couple weeks he has been very average.

We have done extremely well not having our key piece in the forward line (King) and hopefully we get him back next week , but this game to me is a must win to stay ahead of the teams fighting to stay in the 8.

Having Owens - 15 , Milera - 25, Phillipou - 8, Hammer - 5, Sharman - 16 , Stocker - 36, Byrnes - 36 all with less than 40 games under there belt will be a huge feat if we can beat the Crows.

Going on the last 2 games we played the Crows , Brad Crouch gets a lot of the ball against his old club.

Looks like the roar from France will be even more intense when we prove our worth with an obliteration of the pretenders from Adelaide that will catapult us back to second on the ladder. Allez-y!

And a "Carn 'ye feckers" from Ireland, Because, y'know...we're also here.🤔

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I feel like this is a season defining game.

After a strong start to the season we haven't been setting the world on fire lately.

If we're a shot at a top 4 finish, this is the type of game we have to turn up for.

Based on our recent performances, I'm not overly confident. Hope the boys can get back on track this week and we can get some flow back in our game.

Yerp 4:10am kickoff Western EU time, I'll be waking up around 7:30 and watching as Live for the full emotional rollercoaster effect - it's an intense way to start a day to be honest, watching the Saints first thing!
Same here from the High Atlas mountains in Morocco. (Although I suspect the dodgy internet might be too much for the AFL website or Kayo.)

Camaniti to be a handful and Members to kick a handful.

Go Saints

Crows at home will be a massive test , they beat Port well , flogged Carlton and lost to the Pies by a point and the Cats by a couple goals.
Our test again will be to score and most probably the reason they have brought back in Hammer back , knowing he is more of a threat in the forward line than Cordy.
Of course we will need our midfield to be on there game and it's time for Steele to show his best form and in saying that Membery has to start to show why he is in the team because the last couple weeks he has been very average.

We have done extremely well not having our key piece in the forward line (King) and hopefully we get him back next week , but this game to me is a must win to stay ahead of the teams fighting to stay in the 8.

Having Owens - 15 , Milera - 25, Phillipou - 8, Hammer - 5, Sharman - 16 , Stocker - 36, Byrnes - 36 all with less than 40 games under there belt will be a huge feat if we can beat the Crows.

Going on the last 2 games we played the Crows , Brad Crouch gets a lot of the ball against his old club.
Agree 100%. A win would give us a 3 game buffer over the ninth team.
Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well with everyone checking in from exotic locations around the globe, the least I can do is say hi and go Saints from where I currently find myself, suburban Brisbane. 😳

View attachment 1687087
How did I get here?
This is not my beautiful house.
This is not my beautiful wife.

Brisbane 'aint a bad old spot.

I Hope Please GIF

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I feel like this is a season defining game.

After a strong start to the season we haven't been setting the world on fire lately.

If we're a shot at a top 4 finish, this is the type of game we have to turn up for.

Based on our recent performances, I'm not overly confident. Hope the boys can get back on track this week and we can get some flow back in our game.

Yeah, we need to knock off a few around our level to stay up the pointy end. A good win against a good team to get confidence and energy back up would be very handy. This is about the point last year that we dropped way and became flaky and reactive. Just to settle the nerves this would be a great one to win.

If we’re serious about playing finals, this is a must win. Can’t help but feel like we get sucked into playing at the same speed as our opposition, unlike the first few weeks where we set the pace ourselves.

Our win against North didn’t look great, all things considered, but there is no excuse as to why we can’t give 4 quarters of effort today and win.

A big win could see us in first place on the ladder, if Pies lose. 2nd or 3rd up for grabs.

3 games till our bye round, Adelaide, GWS and Hawthorn. No reason we can’t hit the bye with 9 wins 2 losses.

What a fun season so far

I have some exorbitantly priced seat in the stand on the eastern wing.
The one that has a very flash looking hotel attached (The Oval).
Will be using the phone app (which I hate), but will try to post some photos etc.
Particularly of the wild, after match St Kilda supporters celebrations.
Must say that it’s a brilliant morning here, and just quietly, I’ve fallen in love with Glenelg.

I have some exorbitantly priced seat in the stand on the eastern wing.
The one that has a very flash looking hotel attached (The Oval).
Will be using the phone app (which I hate), but will try to post some photos etc.
Particularly of the wild, after match St Kilda supporters celebrations.
Must say that it’s a brilliant morning here, and just quietly, I’ve fallen in love with Glenelg.
Say it backwards mate, it sounds better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back