Autopsy Round 9, 2023: Adelaide v St.Kilda *SINCLAIR 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree, IMO he has shown he can kick a goal but can’t find the footy enough to use that weapon much.

Agree the old crew aren’t taking us to a premiership and we need to be recruiting with a view of these guys developing further and taking us there (Players that have the potential to be higher end and around for a while):

Coffield, Gresham, NWM, Owens, Clark, King, Windhager, Higgins, Phillipou, Battle, Caminiti.

Maybe Byrnes and Stocker.

Need to hope most of them realise their potential and we recruit really well around them.

Then IF a handful of these guys can still contribute in their 30s we’d be a chance:

Crouch, Hill, Steele, Wood, Sinclair, Marshall, Wilkie.

Rob Harvey played until he was 37.
These days we'd delist him at 29 because ....play the youth.

I don't know why Cooper Sharman is such a focal point of discussion on here.
We love to obsess over supremely ordinary football players and debate their merit in the side.

The years of Longer v Hickey (douche vs turd sandwich) will prob never be beaten though.

Cooper needs another shitman who plays in the exact same position that he can rotate in and out of the side with in order to truly cement his status in Saints folklore.

FFS we're having a pretty good year with some actual young talent on the list to get excited and talk about, we're in the top half of the table looking like a great chance at finals with genuine hope for optimism in the list. If we are to be any chance of getting to the top end of the ladder at the pointy end of the year then we need to have better depth than this guy.
Fairly ironic post?

Not really.

Unless yelling ‘be quiet’ to achieve silence is irony. Which it might be.

I blame Alanis Morrisette for the confusion.
You made a point of why the forum is discussing Sharman and made 2 posts about him generating more discussion. Good for the discussion😀

Jack Billings to be best on ground on Sunday.
100%, with Windy and Jweb likely to get promoted from Sandy, Billings will be a shining light in the 2s😃. If we have King, Jweb and Windy in I think Billings will stay in the 2s for now. Gresh may also be ready to come in, but wasn't great in his last game or 2

Terrible performance.

Wasn't expecting to win but was expecting to be competitive.

Our ball movement has disappeared. Our pressure now a non-factor, opponents the last few weeks been slipping tackles with ease.

A lot to work on.

I thought yesterday was a reasonable demonstration of why Steele is the captain ahead of Wilkie. Our best patch of the game was initiated by Steele going full "get on my back" mode in the second quarter. No criticism of Wilkie, but I thought Steele's leadership yesterday was pretty good.
How about just dual captains? I honestly think it’d take a bit of pressure off Steele and think their leadership styles compliment each other perfectly. Cal is very vocal and sets everyone up on field and Steele is more of a follow me type leader.

I said it pre season, but thought they should have been joint captains together.

How about just dual captains? I honestly think it’d take a bit of pressure off Steele and think their leadership styles compliment each other perfectly. Cal is very vocal and sets everyone up on field and Steele is more of a follow me type leader.

I said it pre season, but thought they should have been joint captains together.

I'm on the record on here over the course of many years: Grant Thomas' policy of rotating captains was the best thing he did at St Kilda. Ross Lyon took over in 2007 a team full of leaders. A captain tosses the coin, but you need leaders all over the park with various methods of leading. I like having a captaincy group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm on the record on here over the course of many years: Grant Thomas' policy of rotating captains was the best thing he did at St Kilda. Ross Lyon took over in 2007 a team full of leaders. A captain tosses the coin, but you need leaders all over the park with various methods of leading. I like having a captaincy group.

Former Captains who played under Lyon during the finals challenge.
Riewoldt, Hayes, Ball. Not sure Ball being a former captain helped. Burke, Harvey and Hammil were beyond contributing since then.
Players who were good leaders but were never captain.
Goddard, Fisher, King ( former Geelong Cap ), Schneider.

I don't see us being much different then , had Hayes remained captain all the way through.

Former Captains who played under Lyon during the finals challenge.
Riewoldt, Hayes, Ball. Not sure Ball being a former captain helped. Burke, Harvey and Hammil were beyond contributing since then.
Players who were good leaders but were never captain.
Goddard, Fisher, King ( former Geelong Cap ), Schneider.

I don't see us being much different then , had Hayes remained captain all the way through.

Kosi also had a little period as stand-in captain when Riewoldt went down the second time in 2005, which coincided with the best run of Kosi's career. I don't think the glut of leaders at the club by the time Thomas was sacked was an accident.

Kosi also had a little period as stand-in captain when Riewoldt went down the second time in 2005, which coincided with the best run of Kosi's career. I don't think the glut of leaders at the club by the time Thomas was sacked was an accident.

I always thought his best run was 2009 when he kicked 48. But supply probably had something to do with that too.

I reckon we’re done for the year. GWS will take us out.
Dard Ball Get

tired-bored.gif

I don't like the fact that RTB in his presser said that the leaders stood up and mentioned sebs name.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
He did mention Cordy's name a few times in previous weeks, if that makes you feel better given he's at Sandy! :D

I just watched the replay after being out all day. First time to watch this season knowing the score and having read some comments.

I can imagine it was a nervous watch, but I think we played pretty well overall. The Giants weren't bad at all. Someone said Hill was poor, so I watched him closely - and I think he was pretty good actually. Used it well, ran hard, laid a tackle or two. When he works with Nas, it's a beautiful watch.

RTB held back from praising Stocker - I think he just lost focus later in the game and gave the ball back a couple of times, but he did plenty of good stuff from what I could see.

Nas and Sinclair terrific. Where did they hide Seb late - he was nowhere to be seen! I didn't mind that, he's dropped right back again.

Anyway hopefully the Eagles haven't played the Hawks into some form and confidence.

He did mention Cordy's name a few times in previous weeks, if that makes you feel better given he's at Sandy! :D

I just watched the replay after being out all day. First time to watch this season knowing the score and having read some comments.

I can imagine it was a nervous watch, but I think we played pretty well overall. The Giants weren't bad at all. Someone said Hill was poor, so I watched him closely - and I think he was pretty good actually. Used it well, ran hard, laid a tackle or two. When he works with Nas, it's a beautiful watch.

RTB held back from praising Stocker - I think he just lost focus later in the game and gave the ball back a couple of times, but he did plenty of good stuff from what I could see.

Nas and Sinclair terrific. Where did they hide Seb late - he was nowhere to be seen! I didn't mind that, he's dropped right back again.

Anyway hopefully the Eagles haven't played the Hawks into some form and confidence.

Yeah, I only saw the second half but listened on the radio before that. I thought Hill was excellent from what I saw, his work rate to provide options was exactly what you want from him. I'm one of his harshest critics ready to jump on him but couldn't fault his game at all. He was going at 100%.

Nas was fantastic, he's getting better every game and Sinclair is elite. Stocker was a bit below his best late but he's a very solid player. I rated Gresham and Webster too. Both add something different to the side. Seb just disappeared. Only saw him high-5 otherwise he seemed to be off the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back