Preview Round 9 - Carlton v Geelong @ Etihad Friday May 20th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

White 1-2 weeks away

Bower 2-3 weeks away, the club is now really concerned with Bower. One more soft tissue injury and the club will be really listening to offers come end of year.

But what would we get for him considering this injury record ??? IF he had to go (which I hope he doesn't) the best case scenario would be he goes to the GWS for a 17 yr old they have priority access to (or as out uncontracted player so we can't loose a Murphy/Gibbs). That said, I would still prefer it if he got his body right and made his way back into the team !!!!!!!!

White 1-2 weeks away

Bower 2-3 weeks away, the club is now really concerned with Bower. One more soft tissue injury and the club will be really listening to offers come end of year.

Thanks for info mate, appreciate it.

Bower is a real concern but trading him would be a huge loss as we would get huge unders for him. Hopefully he can shine through and play the footy we know he can.

But what would we get for him considering this injury record ??? IF he had to go (which I hope he doesn't) the best case scenario would be he goes to the GWS for a 17 yr old they have priority access to (or as out uncontracted player so we can't loose a Murphy/Gibbs). That said, I would still prefer it if he got his body right and made his way back into the team !!!!!!!!
If Matt Maguire can be offloaded, we would be able to trade Bower.

Not that I want to at all.

Thanks for info mate, appreciate it.

Bower is a real concern but trading him would be a huge loss as we would get huge unders for him. Hopefully he can shine through and play the footy we know he can.

Probably......but we thought the same about Jacobs but might do ok out of it. If Watson comes in towards the end of the year Bower's spot could be covered by Laidler and White

Coryne, its a difficult one with Bower, although we have seemed to cope well without him, a lot of our preparations in the pre-season have had Bower as a focal point in our back line. The club is becoming increasingly impatient with his body (not that it is his fault, his body isn't working for him) therefore are now looking ahead without him. I guess it will be the same situation as Walker was, although Bower is out of contract. If the club can get something that really whets their appetite they will consider, otherwise he become a back up foil. You will find that they take an all caution approach with McCarthy as we seem him as aire to the (bower/ 2/3 tall defender) throne.

Lonergan likes to play on the body on body type player. Has a huge reach which give him the advantage of spoiling at most one on one contests. He is quite strong as well. Where he can get caught is on a more mobile type forward, hence the possible inclusion of Henderson who will take him up the ground, or the likely hood of a match up with Walker.

Would Waite not fit that criterea ?

Living in Geelong this is the biggest game of the year for me.

A MUST win or my life becomes a misery for a week.

My sister lives and works in Geelong, and she has similar sentiments..

Have a good feeling about this one..

Probably......but we thought the same about Jacobs but might do ok out of it. If Watson comes in towards the end of the year Bower's spot could be covered by Laidler and White

Am I overrating Bower?
I've like the fact he could play on a Riewoldt/Brown as well as the smaller flankers.
I just don't see White fitting that bill and definitely not Laidler.

We'll have to get used to whatever happens, but I just don't see Bower as easily replacable as one may like to think.

Am I overrating Bower?
I've like the fact he could play on a Riewoldt/Brown as well as the smaller flankers.
I just don't see White fitting that bill and definitely not Laidler.

We'll have to get used to whatever happens, but I just don't see Bower as easily replacable as one may like to think.

I rate Bower highly too but if Watson can fulfill his potential then having White as the 3rd tall over Bower won't hurt us too much. McCarthy has a lot of similarities to Bower too.

I rate Bower highly too but if Watson can fulfill his potential then having White as the 3rd tall over Bower won't hurt us too much. McCarthy has a lot of similarities to Bower too.

I just don't see McCarthy becoming as slippery as Bower.
He comes across more straight up and down type player.
Pretty skinny lad also at 84
kgs. on a 196cm. frame but I'm sure that will be built upon over the next 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club is not going to trade Bower. I can 100% guaratee you that unless Bower requests a trade back home, he will be a Blue next year.

I can't imagine we'd be wanting to quit a 23y.o that has shown enough to suggest he has plenty to offer.

How can we possibly put our faith into untried 19 year olds just yet and with Austin looking the more likley of the two to be moved on.

Sorry for trying to give some fact ya old grumpy fart. All you do round here is bitch, moan, winge and take pot shots at others. Your posts suck.

That's not competely true.
He also derides, demeans and sometimes derails.
Having said that, this is a better place for him.

TG is just alright for me.
TG is just alright, oh yeah.

Just looking at those match-ups above, this is going to be such an interesting game, with some really intriguing one-one-one battles all over the ground...

One player that I think will be giving the Geelong MC a real headache is Yarran. I can't see any clear match-up for him - maybe Stokes as a defensive forward? Hopefully Yaz can get off the chain and set us up across half-back.

Despite the trend of teams under-performing after the bye, I really think it came at a good time for us. Warnock in particular will benefit immensely from the week off, as he was starting to look very tired, and we'll need a big game from him against an in-form Ottens. I also think Judd will take good benefit from his break, given the power of work he does week in week out, and really could explode on Friday night.

Can't wait. :thumbsu:

Just looking at those match-ups above, this is going to be such an interesting game, with some really intriguing one-one-one battles all over the ground...

One player that I think will be giving the Geelong MC a real headache is Yarran. I can't see any clear match-up for him - maybe Stokes as a defensive forward? Hopefully Yaz can get off the chain and set us up across half-back.

Despite the trend of teams under-performing after the bye, I really think it came at a good time for us. Warnock in particular will benefit immensely from the week off, as he was starting to look very tired, and we'll need a big game from him against an in-form Ottens. I also think Judd will take good benefit from his break, given the power of work he does week in week out, and really could explode on Friday night.

Can't wait. :thumbsu:

Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 9 - Carlton v Geelong @ Etihad Friday May 20th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back