Round 9 Ins/Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Given that Power received 5 votes in the coaches award for the Port game suggests that he will be in the side for the next 6-8 weeks at least.

No problem with dropping Harris though. I can't see a future for him in the side. We should have taken whatever we were offered for him in the trade period. Assuming anyone offered anything.

Nice ins, but I still can't see the forward line functioning properly with Hale, Edwards and Petrie down there. Eiher Dew should be down back or Hale out of the team.

Disappointed that Power is getting a game but I'm even more disappointed that we're going in with three ruckmen again. I don't think that structure is going to work in the long term and the sooner we get Hale out of Full Forward the better.

On a brighter note, Wellsy and Ziebell are fantastic ins and I'm glad they've kept faith in Wright.

There's still no reason why we can't win this weekend, even with the odd selections.

I am happy with the ins.

The outs though... so iffy. Yep, Power should have been there. Lower, was there a fortnight ago, got lucky with late changes and didn't impress so I have no issue. Harris is in our best 22 atm, so stiff. Riggio had a chance, probably his last but shouldn't be judged too harshly on one game against such supreme opposition.

I have a feeling that Power is just warming a spot for Anthony.

Greenwood gets 30 touches in the VFL and holds his opponent to 12 touches. Power gets 10 touches (2 contested) and his opponent gets 31 (9 contested).

Makes a lot of sense not rewarding good form and rewarding weak performances. I thought after last week and with all the kids pushing for games Sam had played his last game for North.

Looks like Deans legacy will be playing Power, Watt, Brown, Green ect to death instead of developing kids and a premiership team.

How does Power survive? I'd rather have Riggio than Power. With Rawlings coming in, Power serves no purpose IMO other than chipping the ball sideways 20-30m.
Otherwise, I approve of the changes.
Mate at least you have the Mumbai Muff-Munchers to cheer for in the IPL and take your mind off this rot.:thumbsu:

I just can't get over the fact that Sam Powers wasn't dropped.

Seriously what message is it sending to the rest of the playing group by playing the out of form Powers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson, Power, Swallow, Firrito should have all been dropped before Harro who led the team for clearances and contested possessions.

All of those players offer more than 1 dimensional footy. Harro so far has been a good inside player, but disappears apart from that.

I'm not saying I agree with him being dropped, but to suggest he was in front of Simpson and Swallow who would be 1 & 2 in our BF right now is just nonsense.

Greenwood gets 30 touches in the VFL and holds his opponent to 12 touches. Power gets 10 touches (2 contested) and his opponent gets 31 (9 contested).

Makes a lot of sense not rewarding good form and rewarding weak performances. I thought after last week and with all the kids pushing for games Sam had played his last game for North.

Looks like Deans legacy will be playing Power, Watt, Brown, Green ect to death instead of developing kids and a premiership team.

Piccione.

Seriously I'm sure that if there is a rift between JYD and the playing group it is because of this inconsistency. Power had some good games last year but it really sends a bad message when you reward his less than average performances this year. Lower has been pretty poor. Riggio was no worse than some senior players and the golden boy but has a lot more upside.

Are we selecting teams to justify trading strategy?

What a joke!

I just tore up my membership :thumbsdown:

The fact that Sam Powers is an automatic selection and seen as an "emerging leader" says it all about this joint. :thumbsdown:

Joke of a coach. :thumbsdown:

I too don't agree with Power being in. But I think the in's far outweigh the out's. Our side has just been bolstered a shitload and therefore I am happy overall.
Come on guys, although its shit seeing Power still there, this overreaction is a little presumptious. To the poster who said those undecided would now not go to the game is rediculous. Wright, Grima, Ziebell and Ross all playing together is cause enough to turn up.

I too don't agree with Power being in. But I think the in's far outweigh the out's. Our side has just been bolstered a shitload and therefore I am happy overall.
Come on guys, although its shit seeing Power still there, this overreaction is a little presumptious. To the poster who said those undecided would now not go to the game is rediculous. Wright, Grima, Ziebell and Ross all playing together is cause enough to turn up.
but watching power get up to his usual turnover tactics is hard to stomach

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 Ins/Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back