Preview Round 9: St.Kilda v Sydney - ES (H), Saturday 20 May 2017, 1:45pm AEST *Gears 150th, Jill's 100th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People look at one aspect of a players stats and that's it. Bruce is lower in his contested marking - ergo he's s^%$ despite the fact that his other stats are pretty much no different (other than goal kicking ratio) to his entire career.

What people don't consider is whether our game plan has changed, whether other players roles are different, whether our structures are different etc etc etc and how that might impact on individual players.

We are scoring more heavily this year than we did last year and the year before, we have more players scoring goals and we have mids and defenders regularly kicking goals. Somebody misses out when other players step up.

Paddy was absolutely totally out of form, Bruce is not.

Roo wing, Bruce and Paddy key forwards.

Webster and Minch out

Stevens and Paddy in.
Sorry but if you're not getting 30+ or kicking 6 then you should be dropped!

On a serious note...

I am concerned if we just bring in Paddy for Bruce, unless Roo plays forward for the entire game.

Unless there is a deliberate plan to go smaller inside 50 then I don't think Paddy / Members will cut it as our 2 main kpf's.

Sorry but if you're not getting 30+ or kicking 6 then you should be dropped!

On a serious note...

I am concerned if we just bring in Paddy for Bruce, unless Roo plays forward for the entire game.

Unless there is a deliberate plan to go smaller inside 50 then I don't think Paddy / Members will cut it as our 2 main kpf's.
Thinking the exact same thing VDS.

Going small v the plastics in qtr4 was a big win for Richo.

Will also be more room as Sydney wont uberflood like the sooks did.

On a side note. Paddy destroyed Allir Allir in a rep match underage.

Things have changed but Mattress can still mark it.

I am a firm believer in setting people up to succeed. Not sure this was the game to make Paddy the man inside 50 against an experienced team who will look to exploit him.

I think it's great the coach has enough confidence in Paddy to back him in to be our number one target.
He's in form, he's insanely talented and he's hungry.
I think this week is the perfect game to bring Piggy in.

I think it's great the coach has enough confidence in Paddy to back him in to be our number one target.
He's in form, he's insanely talented and he's hungry.
I think this week is the perfect game to bring Piggy in.
Ghost we are supposed to be the same person. There for same opinion.

Just think too should be the one rested if that report is true as you know as well as I he isn't 100%

Ghost we are supposed to be the same person. There for same opinion.

Just think too should be the one rested if that report is true as you know as well as I he isn't 100%

I agree but if docs clear Roo today (and he'd want to be right, unlike last two weeks) then Bruce is the logical choice.
If Sydney run off Paddy then so be it but they'd want to make sure they don't turn it over on the way out leaving the big fella sitting on his own or else he'll end up with a bag.

I agree but if docs clear Roo today (and he'd want to be right, unlike last two weeks) then Bruce is the logical choice.
If Sydney run off Paddy then so be it but they'd want to make sure they don't turn it over on the way out leaving the big fella sitting on his own or else he'll end up with a bag.
Or we keep bombing it long to paddy and Sydney run it right out once it hits the deck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea of rewarding form and dropping players who are out of form…

If any player only managed 7 touches, 2-3 marks and 0-1 tackles for a couple of weeks straight, I don't think they can complain about being dropped… Let alone a player that is our forward target more than any other player.

I think Bruce is a 2nd or 3rd tall, rather than a #1 like he is trying to play at the moment - hopefully Paddy can grab a game by the scruff and stamp himself.

I am an unabashed Paddy lover and when I re-watched then Lions game, he did look a bit gassed but the delivery to him was horrific. Balls constantly too low or too high or kicked to others, wasn't a massive surprised he didn't have his best game.

If he comes in, I hope he gets decent delivery. He is one of the best readers of the ball and has dukes to match and has high football IQ, any game could be a break out for him if our midfield oblidge.

If he comes in, will be barracking very hard for the big fella.

That's an inappropriate sledge.

I'm calling old mate Purple
To make fun of his name is racist.

Spaceman needs mediation and for his sins must comment on all social issues on both SEN and the age.

And he also must wear a red bandana for the duration.

Cruel and unusual punishment? Sure but it just has to be stamped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back