Preview Round 9: St.Kilda v Sydney - ES (H), Saturday 20 May 2017, 1:45pm AEST *Gears 150th, Jill's 100th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game will start something like this.

Big Jake walks up to Buddy and asks, hows the missus?
the rest will be football history.

Actually Franklin would laugh it off.

Hopefully someone gets in to McMattressguts, and he destroys them on the scoreboard.

But this time Paddy to kick 11 and bring us back from 8 goals down.

FMD I loved that Campaigner. He was best I have seen. Gave it to his opponents and the crowd, physically and verbally. If McMG can be half the player in all those areas, it would be awesome.

There's a new bar that they've opened at Etihad Stadium, it's just outside Gate 5 and they have good, reasonably priced, FULL strength beer. None of that mid-strength rubbish. I'd recommend there before the game seeing as you can go straight from there to your seats in 30 seconds

Or the Nixon (Bourke St, bottom of the stairs that lead up to the Stadium). Closest pub to the ground.

A pity that the Carron on Spencer st closed down, that was a great little pub for lunch or dinner before the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just reading on Sydneys site that one guy said Membrey can't run both ways and kick goals . That he won't get a game once Paddy starts playing . And other statements of that nature .
I don't think he has ever watched Membrey play over the last two years .

Another supporter said he hopes they don't cop the umpires that GWS coped when they played the Saints . I must be watching a different league.

Sent via HAL

Coming from supporters who thought that Plugger was actually named Plucka for the 1st few years he was there, that doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All these wives/girlfriends bitching about Bruce out **** sake. You've got Matress Guts in, more to love.

Lol my wife said that she almost doesn't want to go to the game if 'her' joshy isnt playing, although she likes the look of steele. well so do i but more for his great inside midfielder type work not eye candy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope that the Padded Mattress comes out with the same intent he has shown at VFL level over the last few weeks and charges into a couple of packs, while clunking a few. I think he will be a great matchup for Grundy. I would have picked Riewoldt getting a rest before Bruce though.

Rampe coming in is a worry, as he is a fine rebound defender. I just hope that we can cover both him and Lloyd/Jones after dropping the Minch. It looks like we are going to ask Sinclair to cover that forward role and he has been really really good for us in the midfield/wing moving the ball forward.

I can't wait to watch Billings vs Heeney in terms of the level of output. Our man is in scintillating form and so is Heeney. Two of the finest rising talents in the game, and I think a few more AFL supporters will be surprised by Billings again this week.

Gone are the days when playing the Saints was like having the bye, with teams fielding younger players for the experience and resting their older guys. I love how every week now teams are looking to field their best team and they are bringing some real energy into games. It will be a massive factor in our growth this year. We are learning to compete at the highest level consistently, and any team that is a fraction off against us will be exposed a la Hawthorn.

Saints by 12. Sinclair 2 goals. Paddy 4. Go Saints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rampe is a really important player for them, way bigger in than tippett/rohan for mine.

Smart to keep gresh/sinc as small forwards and bring in Stevens and keep Dunstan in the team. If we break even in the middle with them we are in the box seat.

I mean this year stats say that when parker and hanners play well they win:
Hannebry in losses = 23 touches, 0.3 goals . in wins 30 touches 1.5 goals
Parker in losses = 23 touches, 0.3 goals . in wins 33 touches 1.5 goals

I must be Savages only fan. He has some very good traits but his 2016 has been a bit average so far and deserved to be dropped. Big risk playing DMac and Paddy and leaving out experience. I hope it's not Ricjho giving himself an out if we lose.
o_O

We got shown up the last time we played this mob and have been for at least the last 4-5 times we've played them.

We've built some real grunt inside with our mids, contested ball won't be all Sydney's way this time. Have a good feeling we can buck the trend and get the win.

Feel as though Richo will have the lads really ready for this one!

I hope that the Padded Mattress comes out with the same intent he has shown at VFL level over the last few weeks and charges into a couple of packs, while clunking a few. I think he will be a great matchup for Grundy. I would have picked Riewoldt getting a rest before Bruce though.

Rampe coming in is a worry, as he is a fine rebound defender. I just hope that we can cover both him and Lloyd/Jones after dropping the Minch. It looks like we are going to ask Sinclair to cover that forward role and he has been really really good for us in the midfield/wing moving the ball forward.

I can't wait to watch Billings vs Heeney in terms of the level of output. Our man is in scintillating form and so is Heeney. Two of the finest rising talents in the game, and I think a few more AFL supporters will be surprised by Billings again this week.

Gone are the days when playing the Saints was like having the bye, with teams fielding younger players for the experience and resting their older guys. I love how every week now teams are looking to field their best team and they are bringing some real energy into games. It will be a massive factor in our growth this year. We are learning to compete at the highest level consistently, and any team that is a fraction off against us will be exposed a la Hawthorn.

Saints by 12. Sinclair 2 goals. Paddy 4. Go Saints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll gladly take 4 goals from the padded mattress. Also mark of the year with his new improved inner spring and will put the Swans full back in a sleeper hold in a first term melee. :rolleyes:
Very much looking forward to the Heeney V Billings show. Jacks effort last week has come on top of a more physical performance in the previous 3 games including greater tackling intensity. His confidence in being more physical is improving his output immensley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back