Preview Round 9: St.Kilda v Sydney - ES (H), Saturday 20 May 2017, 1:45pm AEST *Gears 150th, Jill's 100th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Buddy's strength isn't his over head marking and bodywork. In fact he is shit at the former. Robbie Tarrant and Alex Silvagni have given all teams the blueprint to keeping Buddy down. His strength, and the reason why he has destroyed us in recent times, is due to his work rate, athleticism and leading patterns.

That's why I wouldn't put Carlisle or Brown onto him. I would rotate Gilbert and Roberton to him, and put Carlisle on Tippett, Brown on Reid.

Honestly, Buddy's strength isn't his over head marking and bodywork. In fact he is shit at the former. Robbie Tarrant and Alex Silvagni have given all teams the blueprint to keeping Buddy down. His strength, and the reason why he has destroyed us in recent times, is due to his work rate, athleticism and leading patterns.

That's why I wouldn't put Carlisle or Brown onto him. I would rotate Gilbert and Roberton to him, and put Carlisle on Tippett, Brown on Reid.
I like how Gilbo has been resurrected as an important player. He could well be an option for Buddy. Very handy flexibility!

Serious question here guys, need some help.

I'm staying directly across from Spencer St station. Where is a good spot to have a beer and watch the Friday night game?

And where is the best place for a Saints fan to have a beer before and after heading to Etihad?
We tend to frequent the Royal Melbourne Hotel (Bourke St) when we venture across. Nice and close to Spencer st station, big glassed-in atrium out the back with a big screen for the footy

Huh...?

Buddy's main strength is his power & mobility. Most often, Buddy is shut down by guys that can match his power, as they use their own strength to block his mobility in the contest & bump him off balance to rob him of speed to the ball

Pound for pound, Carlisle & Brown are much stronger than Gilbo & Robbo. I'd give the big guys first crack.

Ultimately, if we don't at least break even in the midfield, we'll be pushing shit up hill anyway

Last edited:

I'm staying directly across from Spencer St station. Where is a good spot to have a beer and watch the Friday night game?

And where is the best place for a Saints fan to have a beer before and after heading to Etihad?
Yep, Royal Melbourne Hotel is a good place for a few.

**** I hate these campaigners. ******* get the job done Saints & win this! Cmon!
You hate them all. Thats what i like about you:thumbsu:
55572727.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be Savages only fan. He has some very good traits but his 2016 has been a bit average so far and deserved to be dropped. Big risk playing DMac and Paddy and leaving out experience. I hope it's not Ricjho giving himself an out if we lose.

There's a new bar that they've opened at Etihad Stadium, it's just outside Gate 5 and they have good, reasonably priced, FULL strength beer. None of that mid-strength rubbish. I'd recommend there before the game seeing as you can go straight from there to your seats in 30 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back