Game Day Round 9 vs. Western Bulldogs, Fri 13/05, 7:50pm MRVL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't afford to keep carrying WHE. He has become a nothing footballer, it sickens me seeing how he peels off the back at every opportunity to try to win a cheap touch.

No more dead wood. Brown brothers, Bianco & WHE should be relegated to the 2's for the remainder of the year. Macrae, Poulter and Reef need to be properly developed.

Can't afford to keep carrying WHE. He has become a nothing footballer, it sickens me seeing how he peels off the back at every opportunity to try to win a cheap touch.

No more dead wood. Brown brothers, Bianco & WHE should be relegated to the 2's for the remainder of the year. Macrae, Poulter and Reef need to be properly developed.

Humour me for a minute.

Who else on our entire list covers the amount of ground WHE does at the pace he does?

Do you really think the coaching crew want him to be an inside mid?

HE stays.

Looks like I might be in the minority but I want Tyler Brown to stay in and be at every stoppage. Got in some good spots yesterday but wasn't clean with his hands which is different to what he does at vfl level. Not sure if this is confidence or game speed but would like to give him 4 weeks to build his game. Hope it's not just desperately wanting it to click for him.
Agree.
There seems to me more of an urgency/desperation to his game.
Two weeks in a row I’ve noticed little things I’ve not seen before.
Hope I’m not just hoping that the “penny is dropping”.

Edit: Just saw the post from 76woodenspooners about the tackles. 👍🏻🤞

Agree.
There seems to me more of an urgency/desperation to his game.
Two weeks in a row I’ve noticed little things I’ve not seen before.
Hope I’m not just hoping that the “penny is dropping”.

Edit: Just saw the post from 76woodenspooners about the tackles. 👍🏻🤞
Some one posted that TB had the 3rd highest Pressure Acts, and was 2nd last week behind Adams.
He definitely stays.

Last edited:
Think Roughead is back this week but I'd give him a run in the 2s, can play madge if we need another defender but don't think we do against Footscray. Moore is going to need to lift big time for Naughton.

My only change would be Bianco out for Reef or Poulter. Bianco simply has to go

I'm in the never again camp with Cox because he's such a liability when the ball hits the ground but understand it will be discussed

Yeah didn't think Tyler had a bad game. In fact overall the team weren't terrible, just off 5-10% enough for Tigers to take full advantage. If Lynch was (somehow) subdued then we were in with it all game.

Problem is he doesn't exude the 'sparkle' that a lot of opposition players have. Looks a little less composed and self-confident. But if he is allowed a little longer crack at it I could see him becoming a more permanent fixture. The same as McCreery in the forward line but around stoppages. It's that extra pressure that can help us turn the tide during critical moments during the game.

Would actually love Tyler to shadow Treloar this week to get a lesson in how to find the ball.

I mean WHE kicked two goals and took a good mark.

Browns and Bianco are the outs. Ins, literally anyone. Doggies are feeling blue so we have to target our game towards them. They're beatable, for sure.

Why don’t we play Sidebottom exclusively as a small forward?
He’s got great balance and goal nous to crumb off hands and at ground level.
It’s been his go to for his declining years for a while yet nobody puts him there
I was about to say exactly that!

T

Today was only the 2nd time this season we haven’t kicked 90 points in a game…and that’s with us hitting the post 4 times in todays game… so the begg-Cameron combo is not the chief issue

The chief issue is the lack of talls down back. That’s why I… and others.. last year argued for more KPP recruitment and more games for Kelly and Keane (at the time)

Blind Freddy could see we had neglected KPP recruiting for many years, relying on cheap trades, undersized players and cat B rookies to carry the load

Both of whom are part of the problem and most certainly not the solution.

Right now, we simply have to hold on until Roughy and Dean are fit.

Shame Dean and Roughead aren't available this week. If they were, l would be dropping Moore to the VFL, to set the example that playing selfish football isn't what we are about, and if you wish to play that way, then there's no room for you at senior level, until you remove that from your game. The vision of Moore from behind the goals is embarrassing. He wanted nothing to do with Lynch yesterday, and was leaving it to others to compete with him. Hopefully this vision is shown in the team meeting ...

Surely it's part of a coaching instruction to play so aggressively.

Watching from Level 4 on Saturday and our entire defence does it, and have been doing it all season. Looks great if we turn the footy over but awful when it goes balls up.

It's also part of the reason we have scored so freely all season.

No doubt though, there must come a point where me must start to be more defensively accountable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah didn't think Tyler had a bad game. In fact overall the team weren't terrible, just off 5-10% enough for Tigers to take full advantage. If Lynch was (somehow) subdued then we were in with it all game.

Problem is he doesn't exude the 'sparkle' that a lot of opposition players have. Looks a little less composed and self-confident. But if he is allowed a little longer crack at it I could see him becoming a more permanent fixture. The same as McCreery in the forward line but around stoppages. It's that extra pressure that can help us turn the tide during critical moments during the game.

Would actually love Tyler to shadow Treloar this week to get a lesson in how to find the ball.
Please , Tyler is not quick enough to catch his own shadow. Treloar will burn him off within a 5 metre , 4 step burst

On one hand Tyler’s defensive presence allows some of our other midfielders like Lipinski to get off the chain, on the other you can’t carry such a low possession, low hurt factor mid. Brayden Maynard could play that role give you a an even better defensive presence with his physicality and would be much better the other way.

I was about to say exactly that!
Been harping on about this for a couple of seasons , it’s his only go now , deep forward , reads the ball off the pack better than any other on our list , natural crumber , great awareness , knows how to find the big sticks. Either that or he makes his way to the seconds and we bid him farewell at seasons end and applaud the great service he has given the club .

On one hand Tyler’s defensive presence allows some of our other midfielders like Lipinski to get off the chain, on the other you can’t carry such a low possession, low hurt factor mid. Brayden Maynard could play that role give you a an even better defensive presence with his physicality and would be much better the other way.
The reality is that we have to pick a 22 and whilst the Brown boys might not be up to it, they're closer to being up to it than the kids in the 2s. It's all very well replacing Brown with a kid, but when the kid performs like Bianco just did ... When you watch the VFL, it's pretty clear that the Brown boys are still ahead of the youngsters they play down there with.

The reality is that we have to pick a 22 and whilst the Brown boys might not be up to it, they're closer to being up to it than the kids in the 2s. It's all very well replacing Brown with a kid, but when the kid performs like Bianco just did ... When you watch the VFL, it's pretty clear that the Brown boys are still ahead of the youngsters they play down there with.
I’m not asking for a kid to replace Tyler l, I’m asking for Madgen to come back in and Maynard to replace him.

If WHE is going to be selected why can't he play out of the square until Elliott is back? I recall he had a purple patch a few years back where he kicked a bag of goals in about four games on the trot. He has the capacity to stand on the head of his opponent and is reasonable quick. Worth a try. He seems lost on the wing much of the time.

If WHE is going to be selected why can't he play out of the square until Elliott is back? I recall he had a purple patch a few years back where he kicked a bag of goals in about four games on the trot. He has the capacity to stand on the head of his opponent and is reasonable quick. Worth a try. He seems lost on the wing much of the time.
One of his strengths among many (that's for Chrispiesssss ) is covering ground. The cool kids talk about getting separation. The critics will say he doesn't go in, but we need him staying outside and running hard all day to create space. Putting him in the square isn't the answer. He is improving every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back