Prediction Round nine, team changes for the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cox for Reid. Reid didn’t get into the game and is not a relief on the ruck.
Thomas and Mayne out in Aish and Varcoe
Wills out for Beams

Roughhead on thin ice for me. Last two weeks hasn’t got the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucks mentioned in his presser that Aish should be good to go.

Bit of a worry but, knee to the back of the bead in a marking contest keeps a lad out for 3 weeks.
A Texan friend of mine, living here simply can't understand how such head high contact in the marking contest isn't penalized the same as ground contests.

Much as I love the towering mark I can see his point.

Wills had 0 clearances yesterday - it’s his only real strength, so we just can’t carry him with players returning

His real strength is that he’s a tackling machine - 53 tackles in only his 7 games (5 yesterday).

I think rest Grundy play cox or lynch

Would like to now see wells Daicos and sier get a game..

Wills as much as would like him to get a go makes way..

Mayne out injured again

And I guess Thomas makes way....

Is Sier really any chance to come straight in after an injury when he couldn't get in when he was playing VFL?

Probably bring in Beams instead

Depends on how he goes today

OUT: REID REID REID REID REID!

IN: Anyone but Reid.

The dude is cooked.

Reid was our only tall deep forward - a big ask for him against a tall Carlton backline. His role would’ve been to provide contests and bring the ball to ground, which he did OK.

Reid was our only tall deep forward - a big ask for him against a tall Carlton backline. His role would’ve been to provide contests and bring the ball to ground, which he did OK.
His forward line work is not my biggest worry, it's simply that he just doesn't have the bulk to be competitive as second ruck - just too easily brushed aside.

Back end of the year I would imagine unless injuries strike - playing well in the magoos but defs not knocking the door down yet.
I would've thought our backline depth was thin enough to give him a shot more on this side of the year at least. At least we know if someone goes down we have our guy in Quaynor as next man up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar often seems to get stronger as the game wears on. If he’s having a quiet one you can generally expect him to lift.

It’s not startling, as he is usually our biggest possession winner, but his second halves are rarely weak.

According to heat map stats, he’s had 121 first half possessions and 136 second half possessions. Again, not startlingly different but noticeable. 15 first half, 17 second half. In only 1 match this season has his biggest possession quarter been in the first half.

Its what I love about our team at the moment. If one midfielder has a quiet patch another lifts.

Yesterday Pendlebury had a great first half and Treloar had a great second half for example.

What happened with Reid and his opponent late in the last quarter? Both were lying on the ground behind the play

Assume they accidentally ran into each other as nobody took exception to what had happened, but it’s a bit wierd having an accidental clash 100 metres off the ball with no other players around.
Accidental head clash

Huh?

I think what I was saying was obvious and didn’t need explanation. Reid is moving like an arthritic 60 year old.

Gave his all but struggles.
was just wanting to know whether you had any clue about sport or if you were just another keyboard basher....and closet Carlton supporter. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cox for Reid. Reid didn’t get into the game and is not a relief on the ruck.
Thomas and Mayne out in Aish and Varcoe
Wills out for Beams

Roughhead on thin ice for me. Last two weeks hasn’t got the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roughead?

What’s his thin ice status?
Seems to me he’s doing his job very nicely.

Been a solid citizen and combo with Moore excellent.

Plus a pinch hitter in ruck if needed.

was just wanting to know whether you had any clue about sport or if you were just another keyboard basher....and closet Carlton supporter. Thanks for clearing that up.
I feel so relieved to have met your standards.

I don’t need to defend my posting on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back