Rounds 18-23 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 23 Trades

ok looking at upgrading two forwards....who would everyone take from: davis, cyril,cloke,johnson.........im leaning towards cyril and cloke.
thoughts?

ok looking at upgrading two forwards....who would everyone take from: davis, cyril,cloke,johnson.........im leaning towards cyril and cloke.
thoughts?

I'd take cyril and johnson out of those four.

I'm tossing up between two options:

Pav > Ablett. No cash, one trade left for next week. No cover in the mids this week, cover on every line next week pending outs.
Judd > Ablett, Bailey > Sandi. No trades left. Best points bang for buck. One cover split between mids and forwards this week and next.

Have two options..

Gibbs - Bock
Pav - Harvey/Cloke

or

Gibbs - Birchall
Pav - Johnston

Leaning towards the first. Any thoughts??

I'm tossing up between two options:

Pav > Ablett. No cash, one trade left for next week. No cover in the mids this week, cover on every line next week pending outs.
Judd > Ablett, Bailey > Sandi. No trades left. Best points bang for buck. One cover split between mids and forwards this week and next.

man, that is a tough call... depending on the strength of your team relative to your competition, I'd probably roll the dice and go for the big points increase.

Have two options..

Gibbs - Bock
Pav - Harvey/Cloke

or

Gibbs - Birchall
Pav - Johnston

Leaning towards the first. Any thoughts??

I'd lean towards the first also, although I like the look of Johnson this week (I'm assuming you mean Stevie J)

I'm having a hard time making the call on trades this week. Looking at replacing Pav and Sylvia, one in the midfield and one in the forward line, can almost get any combination of forward/midfielder except the combo I'd like most: Johnson/Dal Santo

If I don't get Dal Santo I could get Johnson and one of: selwood, mitchell, boyd, hodge, fyfe, thompson, etc
if I don't get Johnson I could get Dal Santo and one of: harvey, petrie, cloke, fyfe, etc

current mids: priddis, mzungu, boak, ablett, swan, pendles, (sylvia, andreoli, judd)
fwds: franklin, i.smith, Nroo, rok, goodes, krak, rioli, (pav, lynch, pitt)

any advice really appreciated.

I'm having a hard time making the call on trades this week. Looking at replacing Pav and Sylvia, one in the midfield and one in the forward line, can almost get any combination of forward/midfielder except the combo I'd like most: Johnson/Dal Santo

If I don't get Dal Santo I could get Johnson and one of: selwood, mitchell, boyd, hodge, fyfe, thompson, etc
if I don't get Johnson I could get Dal Santo and one of: harvey, petrie, cloke, fyfe, etc

current mids: priddis, mzungu, boak, ablett, swan, pendles, (sylvia, andreoli, judd)
fwds: franklin, i.smith, Nroo, rok, goodes, krak, rioli, (pav, lynch, pitt)

any advice really appreciated.

NDS and Fyfe. :thumbsu:

Pav to C. Rioli
Gibbs to Bock
Copping a zero in the Midfeild from Judd, But this is balanced out by the fact that my Opponent has Scotland, Gibbs, Murphy Judd Yarran, Duigan and Darling all on the Bench this week, so it will be worth it next week when I win!

I ended up trading:

Pav -> Fyfe
Talia -> Bock

Leaves me with $91k in the bank and Judd, Gibbs on the pine +2 trades, if I can get up this weekend I rekon i'll be sitting pretty.

Only dilemma is whether to start Riewoldt or Mzungu on the ground, thoughts?

Taking a massive gamble but needs to be done because my opposition has a wicked team.

Have traded Ablett out for S. Thompson & am trading out D.Swallow but not sure who to replace him with.... either Wells, Ziebell, Lewis, Sewell, Harvey or Shuey. Leaning toward Sewell..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Broughton was gone so I was planning on trading him to Birchall and Pav to Franklin, leaving Lower to cover Gibbs.

Now I'm thinking I might trade Gibbs to Bock and Pav to Frank. However I'm still worried about Broghton's fitness/form.

Any words of wisdom? 3 trades left.

Judd > Dal Santo or Selwood???

Current midfield:
Ablett Swan Pendlebury Priddis Boyd Judd

I thought Broughton was gone so I was planning on trading him to Birchall and Pav to Franklin, leaving Lower to cover Gibbs.

Now I'm thinking I might trade Gibbs to Bock and Pav to Frank. However I'm still worried about Broghton's fitness/form.

Any words of wisdom? 3 trades left.

A LOT of peope are going to trade out Gibbs this week so if you can hang onto him it will be a big advantage next week. I was also thinking about trading him but I'm going to stick him on the pine for Lower and pray for the best.

I have 2 trades left and $21k and unlike most my only main concern is Pav. I can hope for the best this week and not trade, bringing Mzunga or Didak off the bench for Pav. I have been scoring well lately and finishing off in a Grand Final with 2 trades will be a big leg up. But I have to get there first.

So I'm thinking Pav for Chapman. But I'm wondering if Chappy will be worth the trade when Tendai might only score 10 less than him. There are no other obvious trade options for Pav.

So do I take the risk and go in slightly undermanned at F6 and F7 (I Smith would usually be my F7), hoping my stud filled midfield can carry me through. Do this and I have 2 trades next week. Good call?

Taking a massive gamble but needs to be done because my opposition has a wicked team.

Have traded Ablett out for S. Thompson & am trading out D.Swallow but not sure who to replace him with.... either Wells, Ziebell, Lewis, Sewell, Harvey or Shuey. Leaning toward Sewell..
Man, massive move ditching Ablett. Have you looked at trading Swallow to Moloney from Melbourne? Has Gold Coast this week, Port Adelaide next week. Could be a good POD.

I'm 90% decided on trading

last 2 trades with 20.2k

Gibbs to Enright
Pavlich to Mitchell

Gives me a top midfield of
Pendles Swan Boyd Ablett Selwood Mitchell

Same trade as me. Good POD in my prelim and final should I make it. Everyone else has Pav and no trades which falls in my favour :thumbsu:

Nice. It was either Boomer or RO'K for me, couldn't afford Stevie J and it leaves me with a fwd line of Rioli, Franklin, Chapman, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, Boomer, Fyfe.

I have 2 trades left and $21k and unlike most my only main concern is Pav. I can hope for the best this week and not trade, bringing Mzunga or Didak off the bench for Pav. I have been scoring well lately and finishing off in a Grand Final with 2 trades will be a big leg up. But I have to get there first.

So I'm thinking Pav for Chapman. But I'm wondering if Chappy will be worth the trade when Tendai might only score 10 less than him. There are no other obvious trade options for Pav.

So do I take the risk and go in slightly undermanned at F6 and F7 (I Smith would usually be my F7), hoping my stud filled midfield can carry me through. Do this and I have 2 trades next week. Good call?

It depends how confident you are of beating your opponent. Personally I'd lean toward leaving nothing in the tank and trading, but you're right that Chappy probably won't give you much more than Didak or Mzungu.

That being said he is playing at Skilled this week and if it comes down to the wire every little advantage counts.

I can see it paying off. Ablett > Thompson leaves about 15 points a week on the table, but Swallow > Sewell/Wells could be a 30 points a week better trade. Hypothetically. I don't know the averages of those involved other than Ablett.

I think you're getting carried away with Thompson's 51 disposals against the Gold Coast Sons. He only scored 161 pts, if Ablett had 51 possessions I reckon he'd score 300!

I just checked Ablett's form. Lowest score over the last 5 weeks is a 125. Surely you have weaker players in your side that you need to trade out before the little maestro.

You're taking the piss surely :eek:

It needed to be done. The bloke I'm playing has an awesome side and the only part of his side that has a slight weakness is his midfield, so I need to take a risk. If it doesn't pay off then so be it.

I think you're getting carried away with Thompson's 51 disposals against the Gold Coast Sons. He only scored 161 pts, if Ablett had 51 possessions I reckon he'd score 300!

I just checked Ablett's form. Lowest score over the last 5 weeks is a 125. Surely you have weaker players in your side that you need to trade out before the little maestro.

Maybe I am getting carried away, but I thought Thommo's price was pretty good & playing the Tigers at home this week is a plus.

And I've got Boyd & Bartel, but the extra 80-100k of Ablett will help me get a decent and possible 100+ player. If I traded Boyd or Bartel out the options become pretty poor.

Man, massive move ditching Ablett. Have you looked at trading Swallow to Moloney from Melbourne? Has Gold Coast this week, Port Adelaide next week. Could be a good POD.

Thanks, will check it out in a sec!

I can see it paying off. Ablett > Thompson leaves about 15 points a week on the table, but Swallow > Sewell/Wells could be a 30 points a week better trade. Hypothetically. I don't know the averages of those involved other than Ablett.

Yeah it's how I've approached it too. I had the week off last week so thankfully Swallow being sub didn't screw me, but what if Swallow is sub again? At least if I get a Wells or Sewell I'll know for sure they'll be starting. Plus if Thommo can get within 15-20 points of Ablett it will be a definite win, and it can certainly happen. Not only that but Swallow hasn't exaxtly set the world on fire this year, and I can't see me beating the opposition with him in my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back