Rounds 7 & 8 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

Upgrade time!

2 of my guys who were always going to be upgraded have just had purple patches and are going to have good price rises this week. Balla will have a decent BE this week and is set to rise a few grand (around 30+) while Ball has had 2 good games in a row and is sit to rise 20-25k.

So im gunna go:
Out: Ball, In: Cross
Out: Ballantyne, In: Didak

Thoughts?

Personally I think Didak is over rated in SC. Was too hot and cold last year and was painful come finals time. His price is going to rise slightly to $511646

http://fanfooty.com.au/players/year.php?firstname=Alan&surname=Didak&year=2009

Other options I'd look at around a similar or cheaper price.

Sylvia is going to drop to $447089.
Higgins down to $462464.
Harvey down to $488155.

Probably going to go:

Waters to Webberley, Nason to Heater
leaving the backline as: Hodge,Goddard,Enright,Malceski,Gram*,Shaw,Hunt (Webberley,Roberton)

or

Nason to Webberley, Hunt to Grimes.
Hodge,Goddard,Enright,Malceski,Gram,Grimes,Waters (Webberley,Roberton)

Gram can be swapped with Gilbee in the mids, which I might do later on in the season if I feel like upgrading Gram once all the rest of my upgrades are done (but probably won't because I hate sideways trading).

No trades this week.

Just had 5 rounds in a row of double trades. However that included; Clark, Ball, Seaby, Hall, Dangerfield, Tippett and Riewoldt which have resulted in Cox, Judd, Brown, Pavlich and Chapman. I still have 90k in the bank, Howlett, Nason, Peterson and Davis on the bench making money so I will definitely sit tight this week.

I can't see myself making too many trades over the next few weeks except for Nason -> Webberley next week and then a potential upgrade which would leave me with 8 for the time being. My side with 10 trades remaining:
-------------
DEF: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Malceski, O'Brien, Waters, Maguire (Davis, Nason)

MID: Ablett, Judd, Dal Santo, Selwood, Barlow, Martin (Howlett, Kayler-Thomson)

RUC: Cox, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)

FWD: Chapman, O'Keefe, Brown, Pavlich, Gray, Podsiadly, Ballantyne (Peterson, Roberts)

Reckon I should sit tight...

Also, why is everyone so keen to jump off Ballantyne? He's still going up in price and apart from his 26 he's scoring consistently over 80. For a forward-line mid-priced player that's very good, I believe people should look at upgrading either a midfield or backline player as opposed to Ballantyne at this stage.

Already planned this week's trades, barring any injuries.

OUT: Medhurst. IN: Higgins (probably).
OUT: Hunt. IN: Not Hargrave (so very glad I waited a week).

Could change though... Hall's putting his hand up and yelling to be removed, with Sydney next week. Got Roos and the Bombers after that so I might persist with him for three more weeks.

Ha, Hunt and Medhurst both have lowish BEs this week while their potential targets are pretty high. So Hall to Higgins, and maybe Waters to a keeper. Just unsure of who to go for given I've already got Goddard, Hodge, Enright and Malceski. Maybe Gilbee but I feel like I'm paying over the odds until that 150 drops out. Any suggestions?

Hey all,

Can someone please give us some advice.

Have 15 trades left with $246K in bank.

Should I look to try and get in Malceski, H.Shaw or Gilbee in backline.
Maybe Nason for Webberley and then Waters or Goose for a premium like those mentioned?? Or should I hang onto Waters & Goose for a little longer?
Martin in the midfield could wait a little longer.
Other upgrade targets are obviously Tippett and maybe Ballantyne down the track.
Any thoughts..in particular my backline...would be appreciated

Cheers ...here is my team

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hurn, O'Brien, Kennelly, Waters, Maguire
emerg: Nason, davis
Mids: Ablett, Swan, Hodge, Goodes (letting me down), Barlow, Martin
emerg: Howlett, Shuey
Rucks: Clark, Naitinui
emerg: Warnock, Lobbe
Fwds: Brown, ROK, Didak, Pavlich, Ballantyne, Tippett, Pods
emerg: Gumby, Rockcliff

Hey guys:thumbsu:

Its that time of week when minds race and triger fingers get itchy:D

Atm im thinking of a few trade possabilitys

Out: Silvagni
In:Roberton/Jaensch
(will obviously have to wait until teams to confirm this)

And

Out: Hille
In: Cox

or

Out:Rioli
In: Higgins/Chapman

Will make one of the above trades... Cox is a gun and with his price as low as it will probley get for the rest of the year, but Hille seems to be a better contibuter with a much better avg in the last 3 rounds and also not if i do trade in chapman will use all kitty money which would be used on later upgrades

Ok so im going to down trade one of Skully/Trengrove/Martin to Rohan and then swap him and Pavlich so that Pav is in my midfield then move Pods to a starting spot.

The ??? is which of the 3 do i trade out? I also have Brodie Moles who im thinking wont be playing anytime soon but it does not add me any extra cash. If i do trade out Moles then i am back to my whole squad playing bar Roughead (dogs) and Warnock

Was so sure of my trades until NDS scored 40 odd. Should drop below 500k now..hmm maybe worth waiteing another week to see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep moles B/E is good for when he plays next only 7 rounds down plenty of time for injuries and loss of form.
Maybe look at downgrade/upgrade for martin trengrove. Skully is coming good, showed on the weekend why he was no 1 draft pick.

Now got forward line problems with this line up
Brown, Goodes (underperforming keepers) O'keef, Hall (dudding it up), Mayne (potential F6), Pods (planned F7), Gumby, Peterson, Fyfe.

If Mitchell is back this week Zeibell is gone to Rohan or melksham.
and future plan is upgrade/downgrade peterson/fyfe to a 500k forward.

Question is do i dump hall and take the risk on chappy's hamstring or go Pav and just whince everytime chappy tears it up.

Got 11 trades left so its time to be frugal so i can make sure my downgrades are going to play if cover is needed and my upgrades arent like rioli or goodes.

Hall > Watts/Wonaemirri (Leaving me with Pods as F7)
Trengove > Judd

Thoughts?!?!

not sure about watts, will he play this week?he may play this week only because our next 3 games following are in pa in darwin, mcg away vs carlton, collingwood qb home , melb would want a home game for him to play . cant see him playing first up vs pies

wonnamerri, injury prone until proven otherwise

Looks to be an easy double trade this week:

Beau Waters -> Webberley
Trengove (Melb) -> Dane Swan

Was sold on getting Montagna in this week, but after his poor score it might be worth waiting a week. Trade Trengove to Hayes and then Martin to Montagna next week.

I want to p1ss off Hille and Ziebell out of my team, if I had a gun I would execute them both with it. :eek:

Fair dinkum they are both a bloody cancer to my team.

With only 10 trades though I guess I have to put up with their shit for a while longer. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Gumby to play again for me this week, Franklin will be back and Ziebell to be emergency. Can't believe I am saying this. :eek:

Just realised I can go Hille > Natinui with a single trade. Would rather Cox but that would require two trades. :(

Have $226k in bank and really want Goddard while I can afford him..
Kennely/waters straight swap can be done...
But my Fwds are really concerning with Hall, Rioli, Rokcliff needing tinkering...
Hmmm thinking Goddard this week then fwds.
Ahh I hate trades!

Might make 1 trade this week.

Def: maguire or waters to premium

or

Fwd: hall or ballantye to premium.

Have cover in both spots in defence, but only 1 in the forward line. (I have Roberts. :()

which should I trade?

I'd upgrade Waters.
i) Maguire still has $$$ to make you (could be $400k in a few weeks)
ii) Hall can be frustrating, but is capable of 100+ scores
iii) Ballantyne is a decent F7 option and can still make you cash.

I think the time has come for Waters. If I didnt have Drummond, I'd be considering upgrading him to Goddard this week.

I'd upgrade Waters.
i) Maguire still has $$$ to make you (could be $400k in a few weeks)
ii) Hall can be frustrating, but is capable of 100+ scores
iii) Ballantyne is a decent F7 option and can still make you cash.

I think the time has come for Waters. If I didnt have Drummond, I'd be considering upgrading him to Goddard this week.

Yeah I am in the same boat.

15 trades $246K in bank

A) Waters -> Malceski ($110K left)
B) Maguire -> Malceski ($52K left)
or
c) Nason -> Malceski ($6K left-Waters/Maguire on bench with Davis)

Any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back