Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

Change to my forward line structure

Out: Murphy ($200,300)
IN: Grant ($213,300)

and backline

Out: Merrett ($312,200)
IN: Hunt ($318,000)

With the way my team performed in round 7, the above trades, placing Ablett back in the main 18 as captain...... and Buddy Franklin playing against Richmond. I should break the 2000 point barrier :p.

I'm giving D.Jolly one last round to prove himself before i finally trade him off. My three other rucks are doing far better than he is, one in particular is worth $66,200 less AND has a higher scoring average.

If i make the change, get a less expensive ruck...... then i can use the remaining salary cap to bolster my weakened forward line (the on ground group is strong, i just have no emergencies, that are ready to play if my on field forwards don't play).

360k in the bank thinking of the following trades this week.

Trengove >>>>> Goddard
Waters >>>>>> Broughton

Tend to think Trengove and Waters have maxed out. Goddard is now at a decent price and Broughton is just so consistent. Will finish my backline off leaving Kennelly as 7th back with Maguire on the bench and Martin as my 6th midfielder. Downgrade Maguire in a week or two and upgrade Martin as he peaks in price. Barring any midweek injury's to other players i'd be keen to make these 2 trades.

Waters > Shaw

Only trade im doing this week, will still leave me $360k in the bank with the following side (future upgrades bolded):

Backline: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Shaw, Malceski, Gilbee, Maguire (Nason, Roberton)
Mids: Ablett, Judd, Dal Santo, Barlow, Pendles, Martin (Shuey, JKT)
Rucks: Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
Fwds: Pavlich, Brown, ROK, Franklin, iPod, Medhurst, Fyfe (Gumby, Hitchcock)

Next week ill be upgrading:

Maguire > Waite (pending another good performance by Waite)
Medhurst > Higgins

...and then i'll sit back and watch my remaining rookies appreciate before adding my last premiums come finals time.

want to downgrade ladson this week and upgrade ziebell to pav.

ladson to ?????

Depending on how teams are named this week, how does this look?

Ziebell ---> Rohan (for $$$)
Brennan ---> Betts
Gumbleton off the bench for Rohan

Rohan will score more than 34, he did that without even getting the pill and Sydney were getting hammered. This gives me $$$ still left over, for a Round 9 Trade of Martin --> Pavlich
If i do that, ill finally have the option of swapping players between the midfield and forwardline, which wouldve saved me from a donut in 2 rounds this year

Considering trading out Rioli and bringing in Varcoe.

Reason being, Varcoe will likely rise by $35K and Rioli will no doubt drop some more.

Bit of a sideways trade I know, but Varcoe has been averaging about 60 points more per game over the last 2 weeks.

Hi. I have a number of first year players as downgrade options, but I want to rid my team of Rioli and Hall, who are both under performing. Was wondering to get a player on the bubble for either player, and then get maybe Chappy, as I have $206,000. Here is my team:

Goddard, Hodge, Kennelly, Hunt, Kelly, Harbrow, Waters (Macguire, Silvagni)

Ablett, J. Selwood, Gibbs, Cooney, Trengove, Martin (Bastinac, Jetta)

Kreuzer, NicNat (Warnock, Lobbe)

Brown, O'Keefe, Didak, Pods, Hall, Rioli, Davis (Gumby, Hitchcock)

Any trade advice out of this mess?? :footy: :eek:

have a few options. i have 330,300 in the bank.
1. trade martin to Hayes, then Hall to Didak/goodes (already have most forwards) or someone round 500,000 price

2. trade Hayden TO Goodwin, then martin to NDS.
comments please or any other options?

1. trade martin to Hayes, then Hall to Didak/goodes (already have most forwards) or someone round 500,000 price

I much prefer #1. Hayes has been consistently around the 100 mark this year, and Didak's always a solid option. You also upgrade weaker players.

Goodwin probably has a week more to drop and NDS has two (thanks to his 40-odd last week, that bastard) so I wouldn't jump on board either just yet.

Stay off NDS man he cant cop a tag..i needed him this week and he cops a 44...and this isnt the first time hes done this to me...go for a cross/watson/selwood at least they are freaking consistent and get their own ball..dont get tagged too often..

I did martin to swan this week and am also considering Hall to didak or Gian

What do you guys think ? Didak or Gian and why ?

gia is proven supercoach gold over the years except for when he broke his leg and come back last year.

Didak can be inconsistent because he cant handle a tag yet at the moment who do you tag a Collingwood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hard choice mate, gian has been smashing it, however he will be more exy than normal due to his latest score.
Do you have any other Pies players? I would go didak (but thats because my team needs pies players as they have been smashing it lately). If you have a few dogs, go didak, if you have a few pies, maybe gia is the go.

I need to downgrade silvagni this week to use the coin next week to upgrade bastinac to higgins (there will prob be another casualty next week however i'm going to try and get the mpp going here). question is, do i do silvagni/nason (def bench) to dylan robertson this week or wait till next week and get webberly? i woudlnt see robertsons spot being overly secure? but is webberlys as well?
or do i do bastinac to rohan and wait a few weeks then trade rohan up to higgins.

i also have gumby starting which isnt ideal but i could swap him for danny hughes next week and cop one of hughes/ p davis on the field for a few weeks then swap them up to rok? or i could just swap someone like jkt to an actual playing rookie and then swap gumby up to waite. dunno, i dont quite seen waite as a prem ....

Really want to bring Gilbee into my team, but over the next 2-3 weeks he looks set to drop about 30-40k while Maguire is set to rise about 50k within 2-3 weeks. I'm thinking about doing:

Nason>Webberbely
Waters>Russell (never thought I'd ever have him in my sc team)

Leaving round 9 or 10
Maguire>Gilbee straight swap Making H.Shaw my D7, if everything goes according to plan.

Jars, Goddard price will probably increase when the saints form starts to pick up, so if you think the saints are a few weeks away, then wait. Nason and shoey arent that impressive at the moment so there wont be much advantage in having them as cover. depends who you are playing in your league etc.

Really want to bring Gilbee into my team, but over the next 2-3 weeks he looks set to drop about 30-40k while Maguire is set to rise about 50k within 2-3 weeks. I'm thinking about doing:

Nason>Webberbely
Waters>Russell (never thought I'd ever have him in my sc team)

Leaving round 9 or 10
Maguire>Gilbee straight swap Making H.Shaw my D7, if everything goes according to plan.

Yeah good plan mate. :thumbsu: I'm thinking of going..

Waters > Webberley (which would make the goose my 7th DEF :eek:)
Trengove > GAJ

then prob sit for a while

team would then

Hodge, Goddard, Malceski, Enright, Gilbert, Hargrave, Maguire
(Webberley, Davis)

Ablett, Barlow, Watson, J. Selwood, Dal Santo, Judd
(Howlett, Banner)

Natanui Kreuzer
(Warnock, Roughead)

Chapman, Pavlich, Brown, O'Keefe, Ballantyne, Pods, Rioli :eek:
(Rockliff, Hitchcock)

Not the greatest team of all but...it's only my 2nd year at SC.
What do you think (apart from picking ablett to begin with...:()

Nice looking team mate!!! then all u need to do us upgrade one of your rucks to sandi, rioli to higgins and goose to whoever, lake or someone and you would have a ripper team!!!

how many trades do you have left?

With $365800 in the bank I am thinkin of getting rid of Ziebell and medhurst options are

This week:
Ziebell>Pavlich
Next week:
medhurst>higgins (hoping that Medhurst goes up and Higgins down)

OR
Ziebell>Cross
Medhurst>Higgins

Am also thinking that maybe I should go for Chappy instead and hold on to Medhurst for a bit to see if he can find some form. Any ideas?

anyone think bringing in pods for hall is a reasonable move at this stage? i had my doubts about the guy, but he just keeps on pumping out those big scores, and at $336k he still seems like decent value. i'd look elsewhere but the only real possibility this week seems to be fyfe, and i don't know what his job security is like. hall has a BE of 171 this week and i really don't want to lose more money on him.

with mummy being out it's leaving with afew headaches l might up grade warnock to tippett (surly he cant get any worse) l need to add a forward might look at getting pav or ROK goodes price looks juicy.or l could just upgrade mummy to big cox but that would give me nick nat & cox combo not sure with thats a good thing :confused:

already done 2 trades this week,

Brennan to Boak
Hall to Didak

So my team so far:

Backs: Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Carrazzo, Waters, Mackie, Maguire (Ladson, P.Davis)
Mids: Barlow, J. Selwood, Gibbs, Cooney, Boak, Hannebery (Martin, Shuey)
Rcks: Kruezer, Tippet (Warnock, Lobbe)
Fwds: Didak, S Johnson, Franklin, Sylvia, LeCras, Fevola, Gumbleton (Astbury, Hitchcock)

What are peoples thoughts on Jordan Russell..?
Will he continue his form..?

Is he scoring well due to Bower being out..?

I can trade Waters (BE is 105) to Russell/Grimes/Gilbert/Grundy/Gilbee

Completing my backline which looks like this.

Enright, Hodge, Broughton, Malceski, Shaw, Russell, Hurn.

please help!!!!

BARRY HALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now what should i do with Bazza? he's got to go right? the 29 score from last week is going to be sticking with him for the next 2 weeks and that means he's gonna drop more yeah? i'm thinkin of swapping for goodes. it'll mean i have to cash in a cow though. i'm only 25k short so it could be any of;

duncan, gumbleton, hitchcock, davis, trengrove, warnock, shuey, Jetta, nason or farmer

i've got magiure and waters but am thinking of holding onto both for another couple of rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back