Rounds 7 & 8 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

Lots of very good players dropping in price. Swan looks like he's going to go up if he has another good one so if you want him its now or never. Then there's NDS and Montagna both who had shitty games. Montagna looks great value but should drop even more in the next 2 weeks unless he goes crazy. Looks like a great get for his price. NDS is another who's underperforming. Might drop under 500k which is a massive bargain. Then theres guys like Higgins, Goodes, Murphy (Marc), Bartel, Cross who look good value. Will definitely jump on Goodes soon if he whittles down to 400k.

Also is anyone going to go Naita to Cox? I was orginially planning to do this but with the way Naita is going it's pretty much a sideways trade. I reckon Cox will get an 100 average from now on while Naita will probably only average 85ish and Cox will probably be more consistent, however I don't really see a need to trade if the difference is only 15 points. Might actually keep Naita for the rest of the season at the rate he's going.

I am kicking myself for not having the guts to pick Nick Nat (thought he would be too inconsistent).

This is my team guys ...

Backs : Goddard Hodge Enright Kennelly Maguire Waters Hunt

Nason Hams

Mids : Ablett Swan Bartel Pendlebury Ball Barlow

Shuey Banner

Rucks : Cox Hille

Trengrove Bass

Forwards : Pav Brown ROK Goodes Gia Medhurst Pods

Duncan Hitchcock

15 trades and about 30-40K.

So is my best bet to **** off Nason for Webberly and upgrade a Hunt or Waters? Or should I dump Medhurst?

Ahh this is tough.

Got The Goodes I would just get Cox and just make sure you don't waste anymore trades. Although it depends if you care about overall points or winning your leagues flag?

Ziebell > Fyfe (yes I know a week late but looks the goods)

Hille > Cox with the $45,900 in the kitty.

Gets rid of the cancer from my team.

Thoughts? :eek:

As you said JM 1 week late but still needs to be done. I was going to wait another week to trade Hille to Cox but then saw that Cox was playing against.... well... nobody (Hawthorn) so pulled the trigger last week then sat back and enjoyed watching Hille spud it up (Sorry! :p)

As you said JM 1 week late but still needs to be done. I was going to wait another week to trade Hille to Cox but then saw that Cox was playing against.... well... nobody (Hawthorn) so pulled the trigger last week then sat back and enjoyed watching Hille spud it up (Sorry! :p)

So a good double trade you think? Could also do a straight swap of Hille > Natinui (should have bloody had him over Hille at the start) :eek:

Team would then be -

B - Goddard, Enright, Hodge, H.Shaw, Malcheski, Waters, Maguire (Nason, Roberton)

C - Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Barlow, Judd, Martin (JKT, Shuey)

R - Sandilands, Cox (Warnock, Lobbe)

F - Pavlich, J.Brown, O'Keefe, Chapman, Franklin, Podsliady, Fyfe (Gumbleton, Hitchcock)

Would only have to upgrade Martin and one of Waters/Maguire possibly.

So a good double trade you think? Could also do a straight swap of Hille > Natinui (should have bloody had him over Hille at the start) :eek:

Team would then be -

B - Goddard, Enright, Hodge, H.Shaw, Malcheski, Waters, Maguire (Nason, Roberton)

F - Pavlich, J.Brown, O'Keefe, Chapman, Franklin, Podsliady, Fyfe (Gumbleton, Hitchcock)

I think so, fair enough its cost you $90k being a week late but the kid looks good and will make you another $200k if he keeps going at this rate. I briefly considered Nic Nat but regardless of how well he is going its still only his second year so he may start to tire in the second half of the season... also, lets face it, you will never see Cox at this price again.

Team would then be -

Depends on your trade situation, and overall goal (ie. overall/league/bit of both), but I wouldn't. I thought I read somewhere you were running low, IMO trading out Hille isn't a necessity. He's not going to lose any $, the weekend aside he's playing OK, and Cox isn't about to skyrocket either. Save your trades IMO.

As for me, am struggling to decide between two trades. Can only afford to do one of them.

A: Waters > Malceski (B: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Hurn, Waite, Waters, Maguire. - Emerg: Silvagni & Roberton)

OR

B: Hall > Didak (F: J Brown, ROK, Franklin, Pavlich, Higgins, Hall, Pods. - Emerg: Duncan & Roberts).

Ziebell > Fyfe (yes I know a week late but looks the goods)

Hille > Cox
with the $45,900 in the kitty.

Gets rid of the cancer from my team.

Thoughts? :eek:

Thought you wern't trading this week JM? haha, you should never look in the ''round whatever trades" lol.

Team is as follows.. with 66k left and 12 trades..:eek:

Goddard, Enright Hodge, Drummond, Malceski, Waters, Maguire(Nason, Davis)

Ablett, Selwood, Pendlebury, Cross, Barlow, Martin (Howlett, Banner)

Sandi Hille(Warnock, Lobbe)

JB, ROK, Pav, Higgins, Goodes, Hall, Pods (Gumbleton, Roberts)

Obviously have the Drummond issue, looking at Hurn/H Shaw/J Russell. Have cover with Nason and Davis so not sure it's completely necessary just yet. What do you guys think about the sideway trade of Hall > Waite? Silly? or just desperate after 2 contrasting performances?Waite become a keeper?? Just wanna stop trading for a little bit lol.

EDIT : Thoughts on Waters > Waite and Drummond > Hurn??

Team would then be -

So that would be...8 trades left??

LOL

So that would be...8 trades left??

LOL

LOL @ you getting banned and having to come back as another username. I knew I would get you in the end. ROFL! :D:thumbsu:

I have faith in my team now that I hardly have any spuds. Will save my 8 trades just for injuries if I have to. Seriously as if I am going to keep spuds like Hille and Ziebell when I have the opportunity to get in two players that score way better, even you would agree with that logic surely. :rolleyes:

Thought you wern't trading this week JM? haha, you should never look in the ''round whatever trades" lol.

EDIT : Thoughts on Waters > Waite and Drummond > Hurn??

Couldn't resist the two bargains in Cox and Fyfe (still a bargain IMO as he could be the next Pods. With the crap form of so many premium forwards this season Fyfe could end up a keeper like Pods, I can see it :D:thumbsu:)

Cox is a no brainer and wont be this cheap again. No way am I going to put up with spud Hilles 60 odd crap all season, he had to go.

People forget that I finished 321 overall last season. Sure I trade aggressively but I'm not dumb enough to leave myself without any trades come finals time. With Shuey back soon I will have good bench cover in all spots. :D:thumbsu:

Drummond > Hurn sounds like a winner, I will most likely pick him up later on. Not sure about Waite, give him one more week to see if he can follow Mondays game up. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL @ you getting banned and having to come back as another username. I knew I would get you in the end. ROFL! :D:thumbsu:

I have faith in my team now that I hardly have any spuds. Will save my 8 trades just for injuries if I have to. Seriously as if I am going to keep spuds like Hille and Ziebell when I have the opportunity to get in two players that score way better, even you would agree with that logic surely. :rolleyes:

Hmm banned. Yep. Good one.

8 trades + 15 weeks + Fyfe/Waters/Maguire/Martin.

LOL

Hmm banned. Yep. Good one.

8 trades + 15 weeks + Fyfe/Waters/Maguire/Martin.

LOL

Oh well you have another new account that I can get you banned with. ROFL! :D:thumbsu:

Seriously why create another account for? Something smells fishy to me. Looks like your PK Le Grand account is seriously one telling off away from getting banned for good, hence you created a new account. Am I getting close mods, do I win a prize? :)

Fyfe will be the next Pods and will be the difference when I beat you in the finals scoring 100. The guy has serious skills and only needs 12 touches to get a decent SC score. Sucks that you have missed out on a bargain priced superstar in the making! :thumbsu:

Yep gotta upgrade Martin, no worries. Will keep either Waters or Maguire as 7th defender as they will be good enough.

All in all will have to upgrade Martin the most as that's where you score most of your points in the midfield and then whoever is going worse out of Waters/Maguire later on in the season.Waters has only played bad last two weeks due to playing forward. Once Worsfold puts him back in his normal half back role he will dominate again. :thumbsu:

David (me) vs Goliath (you) Did a Carlton 1999 preliminary final upset on you once already, I can do it again. :p

Im with Judd Magic on this one Fyfe looks too good to refuse especially due to his efficiency. Im wondering what peoples thoughts are on this trading plan i have for my forward line;
Currently:
Hall Ballantyne Byrnes Gia Brown Okeefe Pods

Proposed over the coming two weeks:
This week Hall to Fyfe and Byrnes to Didak

I then want a cheap Leon Davis in there as well as pavlich and an underperforming Goodes who goes for who and should I go through with all 5 trades?

God dam supercoach. Bloody thinking about trades in my sleep!

What do you reckon?

This week >

Trengrove > Stevenson
Ziebell > Pavlich

Next week >

Silvagni > Webberley
Martin > Cross, Pendles.....?

Alright, Thinking of Upgrading Waters/Hunt to A defender worth 556k

Backline- Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Carazzo, Kennely, Waters, Hunt (Mcguire,Nasn)

Or Upgrading Hille to Cox? (Already have Sandilands)

Please suggest who i should trade, and who for :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Cheers fellas :cool:

Does anyone think that Nason is a better option to be removed for webberly this week?

Or is Martin a better option to be dumped for Stevenson.

Martin has a much lower break even compared to Nason, that is my logic.

was planing on upgrading ladson this week but now i've changed my mind..
What does everyone this of:
Ziebell> Fyfe
Trengove> Swan?

16 Trades left with $25K

Waters --> Webberley

then:

Trengove --> Swan; or
Maguire --> Maceski

Leaning towards getting Swan in, which will leave me with a midfield of:

Ablett, Barlow, Swan, Judd, Pendles, Mitchell - should net 750 odd each week including abletts score.

Then only have to upgrade these blokes:

Maguire, Silvagni, Medhurst and maybe Hall and Hille.

Sitting 700th~, really want a run at the top 100.

Nice looking team mate!!! then all u need to do us upgrade one of your rucks to sandi, rioli to higgins and goose to whoever, lake or someone and you would have a ripper team!!!

how many trades do you have left?

I only have 11 left :eek:

Probably should sit for a while but I think Waters has topped out, BE of 105 and doesn't seem to be scoring as high in the last 2 games. Have got 101,700 in the bank so could possibly upgrade him but then I'd have 300K sitting on the bench with Maguire anyway.

Decisions decisions...

Team would then be -

Personally I wouldn't want to Fyfe, Martin, Waters or Maguire in my final team, especially when Chappy does a hammy, Gumbleton breaks his leg, Hitchcock and Roberton are dropped, Malceski has a knee related hamstring problem, Cox is put out to surgery come end of season and Warnock does his shoulder. Just playing devil's advocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back