Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 10 - Trades

Short and sweet...........do I upgrade Wells to a premium mid by having to trade a cash cow to get some $, thus using 2 trades, or hang onto him and save the trades?

Pure_ownage - option B

my little dilemma 10 trades left 222k left

Waters > Gilbee leaving me 64k left and only maguire is D7 and have Martin/Howlett as M6

Martin > 540k finishing my mids off and have Waters and Maguire as D6/D7

is Hargrave worth trading Waters for also??

Hondo; I see ur point on Goodes and my Fwd line.. But Goodes and Dal/Montagna is so tempting and potentially massive.

If I trade Cyril to Pav it'll leave me with about $70k to up Martin which int enough...
But I can downgrade Rokcliff/Hitch or Howlett in a few weeks to up Martin then but there's so many well priced premiums now!

Ahh too many options !

This week will be..

Rockliff ---> $94K (does anyone know the best available who looks like getting a run soon)

then

Gumbleton ---> Didak

Leaves me to upgrade one player in my mids, then i will sit on trades for the rest of the season.

Team looks like this.

B: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Shaw, Gilbert, Hurn, Malceski
M: Ablett, Swan, Judd, Selwood, Barlow, Martin (upgraded to Montagna next week)
R: Sandilands, Hille
F: Chapman, Brown, O'Keefe, Harvey, Goodes, Didak, Podsiadly

That, my friend, is a completely KICK ARSE team!!

Pure_ownage - option B

Waters > Gilbee leaving me 64k left and only maguire is D7 and have Martin/Howlett as M6

Do the Martin to mid now. There are some cheap options. Montagna/Dal Santo/Murphy

Waters is scoring well and Martin is a more urgent upgrade.

My question's are who to upgrade and who to keep of Waters and Maguire?

Which forward downgrade target should i go for?
Playfair/Watts/Hughes/Any other recomendations?

Pure_ownage - option B

Howlett is fine as he should continue making money for a little while. Martin has a tough run though and has almost peaked so I would probably do that trade now, particularly while there's some decent fallen guns around (i.e. Montagna etc).

anyone thinking of trading to burgoyne? he is at 88;5% efficiency and is avging 91 in his first two games..how u think he will score when he can run for full 4 quarters?
i was thinking of doing
macguire --> heath
scully --> burgoyne and having him as 7th mid

leaving me with
goddard, hodge, enright, shaw, hurn, gilbee, malceski

ablett, swan, dal santo, barlow, burgoyne, howlett

sandilands, cox

pavlich, brown, o'keefe, goodes, hggins, hall, pods

with 9 trades and 234,000 in bank to use on howlett to get 6th prem mid.
what you guys thing?

thinking rockliff>playfair then waters>gilbee

teams done after this week with 6 trades left for injuries. if i dont have any injuries will upgrade nic nat to sandi or cox later in the year

backs: hodge, goddard, malceski, enright, gilbee, shaw & cornes

mids: ablett, chapman, nds, pendlebury, griffen & barlow

rucks: kreuzer & nic nat

forwards: pav, brown, o'keefe, didak, goodes, higgins & pods

thinking rockliff>playfair then waters>gilbee

teams done after this week with 6 trades left for injuries. if i dont have any injuries will upgrade nic nat to sandi or cox later in the year

backs: hodge, goddard, malceski, enright, gilbee, shaw & cornes

mids: ablett, chapman, nds, pendlebury, griffen & barlow

rucks: kreuzer & nic nat

forwards: pav, brown, o'keefe, didak, goodes, higgins & pods

Playfair's JS is pretty dodgy. Only getting a run cause Jesse White has had a poor start to the season. Selection chances have increased due to Bradshaw injury. But beyond the next 3-4 weeks he may not be in the team. why not go for Rohan? He has been super impressive since being included in the team. I think he's in the team for the rest of the season to be honest. But in saying that, maybe when Moore and McGlynn come back it could be dicey.

any help would be really appreciated, really have no idea what to do.
Basically, I have Maguire, Martin and one forward to upgrade and Vince is out for four+ weeks.
Im thinking of upgrading Maguire, Martin and Vince in the next 2 weeks leaving me with 6 trades and the forward rookie to upgrade, leaving about 4 trades for injuries, etc.
Orrrrr, upgrading Martin and Maguire and waiting for a forward bargin and leaving Vince on the bench for Howlett for the 4 weeks. that would leave me with 5 trades for injuries but not as many points.

Any thoughts much appreciated..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically, I have Maguire, Martin and one forward to upgrade and Vince is out for four+ weeks.
Im thinking of upgrading Maguire, Martin and Vince in the next 2 weeks leaving me with 6 trades and the forward rookie to upgrade, leaving about 4 trades for injuries, etc.
Orrrrr, upgrading Martin and Maguire and waiting for a forward bargin and leaving Vince on the bench for Howlett for the 4 weeks. that would leave me with 5 trades for injuries but not as many points.

Maybe hang onto Vince a little longer. Adelaide seem to have gotten their act together, he may improve when he comes back and if Adelaide continue to do well. On top of that Howlett has had some impressive scores so he is pretty handy to have as back up for the time being.

Definitely upgrade Martin. He's done as far as cash making goes. Maguire isn't too bad really, but i'd upgrade if trades allow, but it seems you may be getting on the low side.

I agree with Ed Gein re: Vince. It's a classic "league win vs overall position" decision. If you're going for the best overall position you can get, then no question, Vince needs to be traded. But if you just want to win your league, it would be tough to swallow if Vince comes back and starts scoring more than the bloke you traded him for, when you have solid bench cover.

Martin is the first one to trade of that trio. He must be upgraded. I'd wait and see with Maguire for another few weeks. He's only averaging about 15-20 less than the second tier guns at the position and he's been pretty consistent.

As for my trades this week, I've got nine left and 543k in the bank. My original thought was to trade Trengove for probably Murphy and Gumby for Chapman. I still don't mind those moves, but I'm very strongly considering Kane Cornes, who is averaging 100 and is bargain basement price. And with Chappy's break even in the 160 range, I'm also leaning towards bringing Goodes in as my seventh forward and trading Tippett for Chapman next week.

Any thoughts on these trades, or any ideas on better midfield options,considering money isn't the top priority for me, would be appreciated. My current midfield is Ablett, Barlow, Judd, Cooney, Mitchell, Stevenson, Shuey and Trengove.

I've got 197k to spend this week and I was gonna upgrade Waters to Gilbee, although I am now thinking of going Water and Goose to Gilbert and Duffield... Which option is better?

So

Maguire > Rookie (who?)
Martin > Swan (was 3k off Judd)

but that would leave me starting a rookie in defence for a few weeks so I am thinking

Martin > Rookie (who again?)
Maguire > Gilbee

or

Gumbleton > Playfair?
Maguire > Gilbee

???

Playfair's JS is pretty dodgy. Only getting a run cause Jesse White has had a poor start to the season. Selection chances have increased due to Bradshaw injury. But beyond the next 3-4 weeks he may not be in the team. why not go for Rohan? He has been super impressive since being included in the team. I think he's in the team for the rest of the season to be honest. But in saying that, maybe when Moore and McGlynn come back it could be dicey.

i would if i had enough cash but i cant get gilbee if i go for rohan. gilbee is pretty cheap this week due to his 44 3 weeks ago.

i still have peterson on the bench as cover as well.

rohans a gun looking forward to watching him carve it up for many years to come.

My forward line as of right now is:
Didak, ROK, Hall, Ballantyne, Pods, Ziebell and Gumbleton with Fyfe and Rohan on the bench. I have 440k in the bank so i was thinking...

Out
Gumbleton
Ziebell
In
Goodes
Pavlich.

Any thoughts?

My forward line as of right now is:
Didak, ROK, Hall, Ballantyne, Pods, Ziebell and Gumbleton with Fyfe and Rohan on the bench. I have 440k in the bank so i was thinking...

Out
Gumbleton
Ziebell
In
Goodes
Pavlich.

Any thoughts?

Looks good to me, I'd do it.

My question:

OUT: Kennelly
IN: Gilbert/Fisher (name who and why, can also afford H.Shaw, but wary because huge B/E)

Only have 8 trades left, so really have to slow down, but Kennelly does have to go if I want to get a move-on in leagues. Don't want to waste two trades, because will leave me with six, and I still have a few other upgrades to make.

Good move but with only 8 left.. hmm, I can't talk I'll be down to 9 after offloading Martin.

My question:

IN: Gilbert/Fisher (name who and why, can also afford H.Shaw, but wary because huge B/E)

Only have 8 trades left, so really have to slow down, but Kennelly does have to go if I want to get a move-on in leagues. Don't want to waste two trades, because will leave me with six, and I still have a few other upgrades to make.

Fisher for me, is a proven performer and has just been moved back into his favourite position down back

My question:

You don't have the option of going Gilbee (or do you already have him?)

Anyway, Looking at the two:

Gilbert: $458K (-$50K); 97.8 Avg @ 76 BE
Fisher: $432K (-$58K); 88 Avg @ 54 BE

Thus, Fisher has a lower BE, has lost more overall and by all accounts his Avg is set to rise in the next few weeks... Sounds like the smarter choice out of the 2 to me.

Actually, I was thinking the same but have decided I'll probably go Gilbee next week as I believe he is a more consistent & higher scoring option. I know it'll be 1 week late but I'm thinking cash is more important this week.

Thus, this week:

OUT Warnock; IN Skipper
OUT Gumby; IN Watts maybe? Playfair (I don't like his JS tho)?

Then next week I can go (I hope):

OUT Hunt; IN Gilbee
OUT Martin/Ball??; IN Montagna

What do you guys think?

My team is
Defs: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Hurn, Gilbee, Malceski, Waters (Maguire, Davis)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Pendlebury, Barlow, Martin (Bastinac, Banner)

Rcks: Sandilands, Kreuzer (Warnock, Fitzpatrick)

Fwds: Brown, Okeefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Pods, Fyfe (Hughes, Roberts)

im currently ranked 680th. hopefully move into top 500 this week.

my team is almost complete and i have 12 trades left and 165k in the bank

looking to upgrade martin this week. so im gonna go

maguire down to a rookie (ideas??) for which would leave me with ~420k and martin to one of
dal santo
boyd
marc murphy
judd

im leaning towards boyd for uniqueness and take away the first game back from a broken hand his avg. is 117.
or i could fork out an extra 80k and get judd whos just a gun but also very popular pick.

the leftover money will be to upgrade fyfe in cppl of weeks. any help appreciated?

Gumbleton ---> Watts
Waters ---> Gilbee

All good. Leaves me with Natanui and Maguire to upgrade with 12 trades left.

Though I don't have anyone to trade to ROK from, is he a must get?
My forwards: Pavlich, Brown, Higgins, Pods, Franklin, Gray, Goodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back