Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting you would give up pick 11 for reiwoldt. A chance at one of the best kids in the country for a bloke that appears past it to me and has 3 years max imo.

However, I want to make it clear, I am not attacking your opinion as I respect your posting.

Can I ask what you thinks he would bring to pies to make it worth pick 11?

If we did want to do this, I think saints would jump at it in their rebuilding phase.

11 is a little strong. But I would certainly be all over him still in a trade that could never happen.

11 is a little strong. But I would certainly be all over him still in a trade that could never happen.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ch-nick-riewoldt/story-fni5f9q3-1226732507386

Our man Eddie has already had a bit of a gander apparently. Scotty Watters not happy about it! I agree though, definitely not worth pick 11. I'd be more inclined to go a round 2 pick and then maybe a fringe player as steak knives. In saying that, Saints would demand the world for him and I'd much rather us get a cheapy in Jesse White for the time being to fill the void while youngsters like Paine develop. No use in spending big on a player we will get 2, maybe 3, good seasons out of.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-is-angry- collingwood-president-eddie-mcguire-tried-to-poach-nick-riewoldt/story-fni5f9q3-1226732507386

Our man Eddie has already had a bit of a gander apparently. Scotty Watters not happy about it! I agree though, definitely not worth pick 11. I'd be more inclined to go a round 2 pick and then maybe a fringe player as steak knives. In saying that, Saints would demand the world for him and I'd much rather us get a cheapy in Jesse White for the time being to fill the void while youngsters like Paine develop. No use in spending big on a player we will get 2, maybe 3, good seasons out of.

A 2nd round pick this draft for Riewoldt for 2-3 years would be well worth the spend imho. If Lake can be a Norm Smith at his age, Riewoldt would be worth a 2nd round and then some. That said, it's a highly unlikely scenario.

A 2nd round pick this draft for Riewoldt for 2-3 years would be well worth the spend imho. If Lake can be a Norm Smith at his age, Riewoldt would be worth a 2nd round and then some. That said, it's a highly unlikely scenario.

If the situation arose and they were happy with a round 2 pick in return, I'd jump on it. But you're right, it's a highly unlikely scenario so it's probably a silly hypothetical. Definitely not the most ludicrous thing seen floating around at this time of the year though!

If the situation arose and they were happy with a round 2 pick in return, I'd jump on it. But you're right, it's a highly unlikely scenario so it's probably a silly hypothetical. Definitely not the most ludicrous thing seen floating around at this time of the year though!

Sorry to intrude here guys, but as the discussion has been about our captain I sense I am not out of line...

Can you guys seriously see St. Kilda trading Riewoldt?? It would be the equivalent of you guys sending Buckley packing in the twilight of his career...put simply... ain't happening.

Sorry to intrude here guys, but as the discussion has been about our captain I sense I am not out of line...

Can you guys seriously see St. Kilda trading Riewoldt?? It would be the equivalent of you guys sending Buckley packing in the twilight of his career...put simply... ain't happening.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Riewoldt was apparently giving the impression he wasn't entirely happy.

Fair point, the worst he can say is no. Just can't see it happening. I think 99% of footy followers would agree. ;)
I can't see it happening either to be honest, but Chris Pelchan is capable of doing anything when it comes down to list management. If he gets a deal he wants, he will do it. I doubt the board would be happy about it because he is perhaps the face of st kilda and it could afect sponsorship numbers.

It's laughable, like most of the rumours we hear.

I can't see it happening either to be honest, but Chris Pelchan is capable of doing anything when it comes down to list management. If he gets a deal he wants, he will do it. I doubt the board would be happy about it because he is perhaps the face of st kilda and it could afect sponsorship numbers.

There are something's you just don't do, saints fans would riot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything on this board is delusional this time of year! So much rubbish being posted so often that people start believing it.

I'm not expecting to see Roo move and IMO it's just making up news articles for rubbish journos and wannabe journos in a quiet time.

I have sent Gary Ablett a tweet also people to inquire if he's available for a trade, someone please post this on FB that Collingwood have officially approached Gary Ablett Jr for a potential move.

Not sure if this is the place to post this but is there any movement on Harry being traded? Heard he was being shopped around a bit but haven't seen anything about it

Not sure if this is the place to post this but is there any movement on Harry being traded? Heard he was being shopped around a bit but haven't seen anything about it
I was open to trading/packaging him if it got us a great deal. But he had a good year running free on the wing and losing Shaw, Thomas and Harry is a lot of mid 20's experience to replace on field on top of the with the others we have delisted.

Its a wank of a story.

Eddie has no say in recruiting at all. He would run down to Bucks and Hine would probably tell him to F off and stay out of it. He is not what we need, we are not in a flag window right now, if next year goes well that could change and by then he is I think an UFA and we could get him for nothing, which is the only reason you would do it.

Giving up a first rounder (that's what they would want) for a player near the end with a bad knee.

paul caruso@paulcaruso2 7m
@BigFootyMAGPIES I won't disclose my source but I have it on excellent authority that we are into Jeremy Cameron in a big way (for 2016).

We'll hear plenty of this stuff this season but this one is interesting. It is clear we have set ourselves up to have a play at the market at seasons end. We have cleared a massive chunk of salary cap. What is also interesting is of all our list management needs, a KPF in this age bracket would be top of the list.

Just a rumour, and should be treated as such, however it is interesting.

Follow up tweet

paul caruso@paulcaruso2 2m
@BigFootyMAGPIES Contracted with GWS until end of 2015. Grew up a huge 'pies fan. Let's not forget Clokey will be 29 in 2016. Makes sense.

If he's contracted until 2015 that is difficult if not unachievable?

@BigFootyMAGPIES I won't disclose my source but I have it on excellent authority that we are into Jeremy Cameron in a big way (for 2016).

We'll hear plenty of this stuff this season but this one is interesting. It is clear we have set ourselves up to have a play at the market at seasons end. We have cleared a massive chunk of salary cap. What is also interesting is of all our list management needs, a KPF in this age bracket would be top of the list.

Makes sense,Cloke will be 29 by then.Great get if it happens.

Then again we are always into everyone.

Every Vic club would be into him , if not they're not doing their job .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back