Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I could see it being a straight swap for Koby Stephens

That would be such a bad move by Collingwood its not even funny. We need pace in the midfield, Stevens wouldn't help us at all next year. I'd prefer if we went for West Coast first round pick instead.
Isn't Stevens only averaging 20 touches in the WAFL?? Why exactly does he have as much currency as a guy like Wellingham??

A flag player who can play good footy for a kid who has done nothing. I would want something else or a three way trade, pearce from port? We need some run and carry and west coast don't have anyone who can do that hence why they want wellers.

Herald-Sun reporting Wellingham to West Coast almost a done deal.
Be interesting to see how this trade plays out

Link anywhere?

I cannot seem to find it.

I do know Sharrod was at the GF yesterday though, depsite reports by the media that he was going to Perth earlier in the week.

From this article
SHARROD COASTING
THE jungle drums are getting louder that Sharrod Wellingham is on his way out of Collingwood and West Coast bound.
His management continues to play a straight bat, but sources close to the action believe it is all but a done deal.
We are also hearing Angus Monfries might find a four-year offer to cross to Port Adelaide too good to knock back. The Bombers have offered two years and are refusing to budge.
And don't be surprised if Gold Coast's Josh Caddy lobs at the Kangaroos.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/exp...up-luke-dahlhaus/story-fndjdrxt-1226484534684

That would be such a bad move by Collingwood its not even funny. We need pace in the midfield, Stevens wouldn't help us at all next year. I'd prefer if we went for West Coast first round pick instead.
Isn't Stevens only averaging 20 touches in the WAFL?? Why exactly does he have as much currency as a guy like Wellingham??

He doesnt have Wellingham's currency. But WC could hold us over a barrel on this one. I also see us only getting Stevens or a pick in the mid 20's for Wellingham unless we can get Fremantle involved.

He doesnt have Wellingham's currency. But WC could hold us over a barrel on this one. I also see us only getting Stevens or a pick in the mid 20's for Wellingham unless we can get Fremantle involved.

I reckon you can count Freo out, whilst Ross Lyon runs the show he'll do nothing to help Collingwood after the Luke Ball trade, or lack there of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you can count Freo out, whilst Ross Lyon runs the show he'll do nothing to help Collingwood after the Luke Ball trade, or lack there of.
I would say that Ross is a pragmatist. The way he left St Kilda would suggest he doesnt care about history. If he thinks Wellingham will help win him a flag then he will do the deal

Wellingham is a quince but if we do a straight swap with WCE for Koby, I will crack it WCE have never wanted to deal with us unless we paid overs and they ripped us off They refused to trade Judd to us, refused to trade Gherig to us and also Wirrapunda. I hate them.

If we give them Wellingham I believe they will be premiership favorites because they need a player like him and so do the Hawks. We can't afford to strengthen our rivals by giving them players for their fringe players, Ross Lyon was right when he didn't want to trade Ball to us, he would have been an idiot to trade Ball to us and helping us out now he was the player we needed the most at the time, so he rightly took the risk of losing him for nothing and hoping he goes to another team but it didn't work out well for him but he was right in the end and it did cost them a flag.

If Wellingham wanted to leave and said I am not staying at all, I would rather lose him for nothing then helping out a premiership rival.

If the club decided to trade him to WCE, I want Stevens and a 1st rounder for Wellingham. Wellingham is a regular best 22 player while Stevens is a struggling WAFL player.

If Wellingham wanted to leave and said I am not staying at all, I would rather lose him for nothing then helping out a premiership rival.

If the club decided to trade him to WCE, I want Stevens and a 1st rounder for Wellingham. Wellingham is a regular best 22 player while Stevens is a struggling WAFL player.
Then maybe we can use 2 x 1st rounder picks for Caddy, as an example?

senior coaches dont have the power to stop a trade becuase they have personal angst towards a team... that's so childish and they are way too proffesional for that. The list management staff are the ones who do the trades anyway

no way would wce part with their 1st roudner and stevens for wellingham.

Stevens and 2nd rounder and upgrade of 3rd rounder i'd say

That sounds more likely Trade and would not be a Shocking Trade

It's not even a rumour but at this stage most West Coast fans seem to think that Stevens will go to St.Kilda for Cripps. I guess that's just us putting 2 and 2 together.

I would assume that after that, we're left with a first rounder for Wellingham. I assume that's no good for you guys but the main point I want to make is that I don't see Stevens going to Collingwood.

Think about it like this - he wants more game time. Will he get it at Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back