Official Match Thread S18 Second Elimination Final: Coney Island Warriors vs Roys FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Please. You think we're gonna be fit for any kinda work by the time we retire? Kfft. Unlikely.

As for treats for the kids. Well we've got a treat for you kids. An early holiday. You're welcome.
You wouldn't be working though. You'd all be delegating work from your deathbeds.

I never said anything of the like.
Shame-on-you-GIFS.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When my class does poetry tomorrow I'll be able to explain how you can use them in the real world.
I have also written some very seductive love poetry in the past.
Interesting...

You job in this week's game is to come up with a seductive poem for your opponent. Not only would it disrupt his or her rhythm due to them falling in love with you, but it'll result in our victory!

Take one for the team bud. :p

Interesting...

You job in this week's game is to come up with a seductive poem for your opponent. Not only would it disrupt his or her rhythm due to them falling in love with you, but it'll result in our victory!

Take one for the team bud. :p
I'll get on it when the team sheets come out.

When my class does poetry tomorrow I'll be able to explain how you can use them in the real world.
I have also written some very seductive love poetry in the past.

Yay!! now i'm curious, why doesn't mine work.
i'm pretty sure i've adhered to the 5-7-5 form (unless i can't count), even though the Japanese On doesn't really work in English, and even Japanese poets are moving away from it too. I don't have the seasonal reference which is traditional.

Yay!! now i'm curious, why doesn't mine work.
i'm pretty sure i've adhered to the 5-7-5 form (unless i can't count), even though the Japanese On doesn't really work in English, and even Japanese poets are moving away from it too. I don't have the seasonal reference which is traditional.
Your final line should have kireji, or cutting. The idea is your first two lines contain images, then the final cuts between the two. I agree it doesn't translate perfectly to English, and I would also fail my attempts by the same standard.

Now is the final of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this El Dubya
And all the chides that lour'd upon our thread
From the deep thoughts of the bretheren
And I do love thee: therefore, write for me

Your final line should have kireji, or cutting. The idea is your first two lines contain images, then the final cuts between the two. I agree it doesn't translate perfectly to English, and I would also fail my attempts by the same standard.

Interesting, i'll keep that in mind. Thanks!!
Teachers are so much fun!!

Now is the final of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this El Dubya
And all the chides that lour'd upon our thread
From the deep thoughts of the bretheren
And I do love thee: therefore, write for me
But I'm too busy at this moment
To take the time to put pen to parchment,
And express my feelings, thus this lament,
All I have is bunk.

And I think of you fitzroybulldog
And your teammates with the intelligence of a log.
You could make your way out of the dense fog
To join the Warriors.

But this week we are foes,
On Sunday you will have only woes,
While we retreat to our tree of hoes,
Because we come out to play.

I'm applying to leave my fetid school,
Where even the brightest pupil is a fool,
And we really are in a genetic cesspool,
This poem is to procrastinate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S18 Second Elimination Final: Coney Island Warriors vs Roys FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back