Official Team Thread S32 – Alberton Qootball Club, the Sin City Swamprats [B&F Winner: philreich]

Remove this Banner Ad

R3 Rookie Gun - mike ross
Congrats to mike ross, who was the winner of the round 3 Rookie Gun nomination.

View attachment 1212595
Round 3 - mike ross
Sin City Swamprats - Back Pocket
63 DT (151.2 ADT) - 12 Disposals - 8 Tackles - 3 Frees For

After back-to-back Gold City visits, I finally managed to travel to a different city that is much more sinful. I have always been interested in how sewer systems work (what? I have so.) and philreich and mike ross were gracious enough to give me a thorough and very interesting walk through of Sin City's sewer systems.

While we were down there, I had a chat with phil about the in's and out's of the new and improved Swamprats:

Hello Sin City captain philreich. Mike ross has performed exceptionally well in qooty at such an early stage in their career. You must be thrilled with the level of effort from your rookie?

mike ross has fitted into the Underground environment like a hand into a glove, and he's clearly enjoying the SFA very much - we're delighted to have him.

Where did you find mike ross and how did you get him across to join the Swamprats?

SarahSmiles sent about 9000 PM's during the off season, and received more rejections than an ugly man from members of the opposite sex (OK I'm exaggerating a little), but thankfully mike ross was one of the diamonds in the rough that said yes.

What are your expectations of mike ross for the future?

Hopefully he's 3 games into what will be a long and illustrious career with the Swamprats.

Sin City has a long list of rookies this season (I count 6 currently), how are the rest of them handling the SFA?

One or two of them have been as quiet as a North Melbourne forward line, but the rest of them have been great value, and we're thrilled to have them with us.

Hmmm... yes very interesting. So I am literally standing in your lunch from last week. Fascinating.

While phil was talking about waste and dad jokes, I had a little discussion with the gun award winner for round 3:

Hello mike ross. You finally received your well deserved rookie gun nomination after missing out last round. How does it feel to be named the best on-field rookie performer for round 3?

Hello. Thank you very much it feels kind of weird in a good kind of way. I've just started my account not long ago and I've just tried to help my team as best i can. Have fun.

How did you find out about the SFA and what led you to join Sin City?

philreich and SarahSmiles reached out to me and invited me to join Sin City.
They told me it would be heaps of fun and i thought yeah I'd like that. I'll give it a crack and see what happens.

What are your first impressions of the SFA, are the Swamprats taking care of you?

I'm really enjoying SFA. I believe having fun and good natured banter is what its all about. The Swamprats have taken good care of me. They've been very warm and welcoming. I'm enjoying our chats and i feel like I've met some excellent people.

How do you prepare for a qooty match?

Some good natured banter during the week, the night before i like to drink some American honey bourbon and half a pack of smokes. It usually fires me up before a game.

Who do you think will win the Rookie Gun this season? Think you're a chance?

I honestly don't know, there are so many great rookies out there. I'd like to think I'm at least a slim chance to become Rookie Gun.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me and good luck for the rest of the season.

Who will win the GunNomTM for round 4? Find out next week.

P.S.: jackster83 had only eyes to Ticky009 this season, and I don't blame him for that!

R8 Rookie Gun - HirdsTheWord
Congrats to HirdsTheWord, who was the winner of the round 8 Rookie Gun nomination. Two rookies in; three to go!

View attachment 1247761
Round 8 - HirdsTheWord
Sin City Swamprats - Half Forward Flank
102 DT (142.8 ADT) - 25 Disposals - 7 Marks - 2 Goals

After an uncomfortable uber ride with the Gumbies I decided to take a week off from travelling and have philreich and the Swamprats come to my house this time.
View attachment 1247764
I am currently renovating so watch out for any loose floor boards. Don't want any of you rats falling down into the well below.

How the hell does someone live in a place like this?
View attachment 1247772
After discussing the ways in which I choose to live, we talked about this weeks GunNomTM.

Hello Sin City Swamprats captain philreich. HirdsTheWord has been steadily building into the season and has finally been awarded for their on-field performance. Are you surprised it has taken this long for them to get recognised?

Yeah a bit. He's got the potential (yeah I know - it's one of the most frustrating words in the English language!!!) to be one of the great forwards of the competition, and he's starting to show that potential in spades. I'm delighted he's now been recognised.

Where did you find HirdsTheWord and how did you get them across to Sin City?

SarahSmiles sent around 47 million PM's (slight exaggeration - it was actually 46.5 million) during the off season, and HirdsTheWord was one of the diamonds in the rough who answered in the affirmative. I'd like to say that it was my natural charm that got him across the line, but I'd be lying: I just think he's got excellent taste.

What are your expectations of HirdsTheWord for the future?

Multiple premierships and multiple Fred Medals. Failing that, I'd like to think he'll be a permanent fixture in our forward line, where he'll make life miserable for opposition defenders.

Swamprats rookies now have 2 gun nominations so far this season. Think your other rooks have a shot at getting some more?

Can't see why not - there's still half the season remaining. We've regularly had the best crop of rookies in the league, so why can't that continue this season?

Next I talked to the rookie GunNomTM of round 8: HirdsTheWord

Hello HirdsTheWord. How does it feel to be named the best on-field rookie performer for round 8?

Pretty good you know mate, have to thank the lads for letting me carry them. if they put up half an effort than I wouldn't need to drag them over the line.

How did you find out about the SFA and what led you to Sin City?

Well, i think Phil and Sara saw me lurking in Bay 13 and thought I had the right stuff, that and i have a drinking problem so seemed like a good fit.

What are your first impressions of the SFA, are the Swamprats taking care of your needs?

Like i said, they are letting me shine! Just keep kicking to to me.

3 beers and a chicken schnitty.

Would i be doing this if i wasn't :)

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me and good luck for the rest of the season.

Who will win the GunNomTM for round 9? Find out next week.

R14 Rookie Gun - darthmann
Congratulations, darthmann, winner of R14 Rookie Gun nomination. There's only RPCB left, with two rounds to go!

View attachment 1277977
Round 14 - darthmann
Sin City Swamprats - Wing
89 DT (93.45 ADT) - 22 Disposals - 10 Marks - 1 Goal

After witnessing a fabulous display of wonder, I make my way back to... wait what? Not again.
My place has been swarming with rats for almost all of this season. Am I leaving out cheese somewhere? I don't know why they all wait by my door.

Gonna have to call up my boy philreich to sort this mess out.

'Yo Phil, why are all your rookies outside my house every damn day?'

'No idea. Probably because they want another gun nomination.'

'Can you come down here and sort them out please. They have gone through all of my kitchen and taken my favourite snacks.'

'On it.'

So phil got here and started handing a smackdown to these rats rookies who think they can get whatever they want.
View attachment 1277998
'Why are we fighting? We're on the same team.'

Probably wasn't a good idea to bring phil down here because now he's joined them in their efforts to persuade me to give them another gun nomination.

Alright fine. I'll give you another one. But this is the last one ok.

Hello Swamprats captain philreich. darthmann has been a great addition to your team this season, particularly on the qooty field after moving to the wing position. How did that move come about?

We're a fairly young team in terms of experience, so there's been a fair degree of trial and error with some of the team placings. But darthmann is one that's worked really well for us.

What are your expectations of darthmann for the future? Any more awards you think might be coming their way?

Just keep doing what he's doing. It was funny - he complained in our team PM last week that he hadn't received a Gun nomination this season, and lo and behold: it happened for him just days later. Maybe complaining isn't always a bad idea...…….

This nomination now makes Sin City the absolute best place for rookies this season with 4 gun nominations. How did you manage to recruit so many great qooty prospects?

If you PM enough people in the off season, chances are that at least a few of them will say yes. We got incredibly lucky with our season 32 rookies - hopefully the luck continues in season 33.

With most of the season complete now, is there any other rookies that have caught your eye? Any that you wish you could've recruited to Sin City?

damicky has been good value, as have krakouers85 and thewizardmelon - it's been a good season for rookies.

Now time to talk to the 4th Swamprat to win a GunNomTM this season

GunNom winner: darthmann

Hello darthmann. How does it feel to be named the best on-field rookie performer for round 14?

Mate I'm chuffed. It's good for my work as a 200cm 200kg winger to finally be recognised. No doubt with those stats its easy to tell that I've been whipping down the open fields at breakneck speeds at the prospect of post-match KFC and bevvies.

How did you find out about the SFA? And what led you to join Sin City?

I was poached by SarahSmiles from the Hawks board, and then persuaded to join by the omniscient and gracious leader philreich . I like the idea of being rats. They got sh*t done during the bubonic plague.

The home and away season is almost over. Have you enjoyed your first season in the SFA?

I'm a freak like many of us and enjoy simulated stats/competitions and leagues. I like making brackets and mini-comps for games like pool, table tennis etc. with my "friends", so I really enjoy that aspect of it. Talking sh*t about your opponents is always good too.

The three essential Bs - Beers, Beers and Beers

Me. If it's not me I will get federal authorities involved.

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me and good luck for the rest of the season.

Who will win the GunNomTM for round 15? Find out next week.

GP's MVP (R9)
GP’s S32 MVP

S32R09 - L, v.DRA

GotTheGoodes, 17
philreich, 15
sataris, 15
HirdsTheWord, 14
Ant Bear, 13
--
Catsnlakers, 11
darthmann, 10
mike ross, 9

Season Table

1. Catsnlakers, 88
2. GotTheGoodes, 69
3. Ant Bear, 68
4. ant555, 67
5. powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 64
HirdsTheWord, 64
--
philreich, 63
darthmann, 62
SarahSmiles, 58
Firestarter, 58
jackster83, 58
MannumPower, 56
TheDarkDwarf, 49
Quadzilla, 48
GremioPower, 47
Ticky009, 38
mike ross, 34
sataris, 33
compact72, 24
Power Raid, 14
RPCB, 10
Marklar_33, 10
FW
1. Catsnlakers, 88
HirdsTheWord, 64
MF
1. GotTheGoodes, 69
ant555, 67
BK
1. Ant Bear, 68
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 64
IC
1. darthmann, 62
Firestarter, 58

Last edited:
GP's MVP (R10)
GP’s S32 MVP

S32R10 - W, v.GUM

ant555, 17
philreich, 15
Power Raid, 14
Ticky009, 13
darthmann, 13
--
sataris, 12
HirdsTheWord, 11
Quadzilla, 11
Marklar_33, 10
Ant Bear, 9
GremioPower, 9
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 8
mike ross, 8

Season Table

1. Catsnlakers, 88
2. ant555, 84
3. philreich, 78
4. Ant Bear, 77
5. darthmann, 75
HirdsTheWord, 75
--
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 72
GotTheGoodes, 69
Quadzilla, 59
SarahSmiles, 58
Firestarter, 58
jackster83, 58
MannumPower, 56
GremioPower, 56
Ticky009, 51
TheDarkDwarf, 49
sataris, 45
mike ross, 42
Power Raid, 28
compact72, 24
Marklar_33, 20
RPCB, 10
FW
1. Catsnlakers, 88
HirdsTheWord, 75
MF
1. ant555, 84
philreich, 78
BK
1. Ant Bear, 77
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 72
IC
1. darthmann, 75
Quadzilla, 59

Last edited:
GP's MVP (R11)
GP’s S32 MVP

S32R11 - W, v.GCR

sataris, 17
mike ross, 16
Power Raid, 15
ant555, 13
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 13
--
Catsnlakers, 11
TheDarkDwarf, 11
jackster83, 11
GotTheGoodes, 10
RPCB, 10
Marklar_33, 10
Firestarter, 9
GremioPower, 9
HirdsTheWord, 8

Season Table

1. Catsnlakers, 99
2. ant555, 97
3. powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 85
4. HirdsTheWord, 83
5. GotTheGoodes, 79
--
philreich, 78
Ant Bear, 77
darthmann, 75
jackster83, 69
Firestarter, 67
GremioPower, 65
sataris, 62
TheDarkDwarf, 60
Quadzilla, 59
SarahSmiles, 58
mike ross, 58
MannumPower, 56
Ticky009, 51
Power Raid, 43
Marklar_33, 30
compact72, 24
RPCB, 20
FW
1. Catsnlakers, 99
HirdsTheWord, 83
MF
1. ant555, 97
GotTheGoodes, 79
BK
1. powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 85
Ant Bear, 77
IC
1. darthmann, 75
Firestarter, 67

Last edited:
R13 Rookie Torch - mike ross
mike ross, on fire!!!

Round 13 Torch of the Week!
Best rookie poster of the round.

Now, he has both the Gun and the Torch awards!

GWS Goose 's words are pure humour. If Ross weren't worthy, he wouldn't have won.

After re-reading the competition rules, it seems we're obligated to name a Rookie nomination for every round, and I'll be honest, its getting harder to find a worthy winner. We had a group meeting and decided that the easiest way to solve this problem was to lower the threshold of worthy. So we did exactly that.

It's fair to say that the bar is now very low, that is not necessarily a commentary on this weeks nomination, Ill leave that to decide for yourself.

This weeks nomination is a "worthy" nomination , mostly because he used to shag a princess. (hope his doesn't break the doxxing rules.

View attachment 1271994

We had a chance to catch up with mike ross and his skipper philreich , this is what they had to say.
Mike Ross has won a nomination, how would you describe them and their posting style to the SFA public, we all love a plays like comparison for Rookies does Mike have a style similar to another poster

Unfortunately real life has been getting in the way for Mike of late - he's been busier than a Bombers back line. As a result, his posts have been about as rare as a Pommy Ashes win: hopefully as finals draw closer, that will change.

How did you come across Mike and how did he end up at your club

Mike was one of the 49 trillion recipients of a PM from SarahSmiles during the off season - thankfully he was one who answered in the affirmative. This statement also reaffirms my status as "grossly exaggerating skipper".

What influence has mike had on the club, how has your culture integrated said rook?

The club has welcomed Mike with open manholes arms, and is a much loved member of the team.

Is there any other Rookies you noticed this year, who do you think is the best chance for the Torch outside your own Rookies

I haven't been following it that closely, but I reckon Brenton Davy from the Wonders would have to be some sort of chance. And surely sausageroll's time must be drawing nearer...……..

This is what the man himself had to say

Welcome to the SFA , which of your team mates has helped you most in transitioning to the SFA and which team mate is the biggest campaigner

Thankyou. I'd say my skipper and sarah smiles have been really influential in helping me settle and explaining SFA to me. We don't really have any campaigners in our squad, we are all helpful and enjoy talking to each other.

Are you more excited about the award now that the hapless s31 class led by Greeneshoots has had it taken off them and would you join the Gumbies in order to win it

Haha im always excited to be in it. I don't think i could leave the Rats at this stage. My loyalties lie with my team mates.

Tell us a bit about your posting style and is there any source of inspiration behind it?

Im just here for fun, i don't like bagging or putting down people. I like encouraging, and trying to be helpful in anyway i can. The inspiration comes from wanting the same behaviour shown to me basically.

Who is your favourite poster on your team, and who is the opposition team mate you enjoy most, is there a poster whose style is close to your own?

I enjoy my skippers posts, i mean those dad jokes are rippers! All the opposition posters are equal to me.

Do you have a sparring partner yet or are there any posters you just can’t cop

Nah not yet, unfortunately life has gotten in the way lately so i haven't been spending as much time as i should of.

What aspect of the SFA do you enjoy most

The feeling of being a community, and being able to chat to a wide variety of people especially my team mates. They have been really helpful to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alcohol-friday.gif

Rats Stats (S32 - Full)
Welcome to the final installment of #ratstats for 2021.

Season 32 ended in heartbreaking fashion for the pride of Sin City. After being 7 goals down against a super confident Gumbies side, the Rats clawed, bit, scratched and fought their way back into the match in a comeback that had everything. A fired up crowd almost got the Rats over the line, but unfortunately they fell just short despite having more scoring shots.

Rats_s32_stats.PNG

An impressive showing in the match thread. A rejuvenated Near Kern led the way, dragging along GotTheGoodes and Ant Bear who decided to come out of hiding at the right time. Could the Rats be building something here, to go with their league leading crop of rookies? #Ratsmedia has been deathly silent so far, apart from Ant Bear signalling a possible leadership spill.

Rats_s32_posts.PNG

Stay tuned for information on our night of nights, the Toots Medal night.

The Captain’s Word (S32 Finale)
Welcome to the final installment of #ratstats for 2021.

Season 32 ended in heartbreaking fashion for the pride of Sin City. After being 7 goals down against a super confident Gumbies side, the Rats clawed, bit, scratched and fought their way back into the match in a comeback that had everything. A fired up crowd almost got the Rats over the line, but unfortunately they fell just short despite having more scoring shots.

View attachment 1288068

An impressive showing in the match thread. A rejuvenated Near Kern led the way, dragging along GotTheGoodes and Ant Bear who decided to come out of hiding at the right time. Could the Rats be building something here, to go with their league leading crop of rookies? #Ratsmedia has been deathly silent so far, apart from Ant Bear signalling a possible leadership spill.

View attachment 1288070

Stay tuned for information on our night of nights, the Toots Medal night.
Thanks to jackster83 for faithfully assembling the stats each week. We sometimes take them for granted, but I'm sure a mountain of work goes into them. Cheers mate!!!

As jackster alluded to, our B&F isn't too far away - probably just after Christmas, but before State of Origin kicks off in early January. So drop in and see if you can win one of our awards. (somehow I don't like compact72's chances :)

Thanks to jackster83 for faithfully assembling the stats each week. We sometimes take them for granted, but I'm sure a mountain of work goes into them. Cheers mate!!!

As jackster alluded to, our B&F isn't too far away - probably just after Christmas, but before State of Origin kicks off in early January. So drop in and see if you can win one of our awards. (somehow I don't like compact72's chances :)
Need any help?

GP's MVP (R12)
GP’s S32 MVP

S32R12 - L, v.ROY

philreich, 17
GotTheGoodes, 15
TheDarkDwarf, 15
Ticky009, 13
darthmann, 12
--
Marklar_33, 11
Ant Bear, 10
mike ross, 9

Season Table

1. Catsnlakers, 99
2. ant555, 97
3. philreich, 95
4. GotTheGoodes, 94
5. Ant Bear, 87
darthmann, 87
--
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 85
HirdsTheWord, 83
TheDarkDwarf, 75
jackster83, 69
Firestarter, 67
mike ross, 67
GremioPower, 65
Ticky009, 64
sataris, 62
Quadzilla, 59
SarahSmiles, 58
MannumPower, 56
Power Raid, 43
Marklar_33, 41
compact72, 24
RPCB, 20
FW
1. Catsnlakers, 99
HirdsTheWord, 83
MF
1. ant555, 97
philreich, 95
BK
1. Ant Bear, 87
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 85
IC
1. darthmann, 87
TheDarkDwarf, 75

GP's MVP (R13)
GP’s S32 MVP

S32R13 - W, v.DEM

GremioPower, 17
ant555, 15
HirdsTheWord, 15
Ticky009, 13
mike ross, 12
sataris, 12
--
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 11
Near Kern, 11
jackster83, 10
darthmann, 9
Quadzilla, 9
Marklar_33, 8

Season Table

NEW LEADER!!!!

1. ant555, 112
2. Catsnlakers, 99
3. HirdsTheWord, 98
4. darthmann, 96
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 96
--
philreich, 95
GotTheGoodes, 94
Ant Bear, 87
GremioPower, 82
jackster83, 79
mike ross, 79
Ticky009, 77
TheDarkDwarf, 75
sataris, 74
Quadzilla, 68
Firestarter, 67
SarahSmiles, 58
MannumPower, 56
Marklar_33, 49
Power Raid, 43
compact72, 24
RPCB, 20
Near Kern, 11
FW
1. Catsnlakers, 99
HirdsTheWord, 98
MF
1. ant555, 112
philreich, 95
BK
1. powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 96
Ant Bear, 87
IC
1. darthmann, 96
GremioPower, 82

GP's MVP (R14)
GP’s S32 MVP

S32R14 - L, v.PHX

GremioPower, 17
mike ross, 15
jackster83, 15
HirdsTheWord, 14
Quadzilla, 12
RPCB, 12
--
Power Raid, 11
Ant Bear, 11
philreich, 10
sataris, 10
Ticky009, 10

Season Table

NEW LEADER!!!! (again)

1. ant555, 112
HirdsTheWord, 112
3. philreich, 105
4. Catsnlakers, 99
GremioPower, 99
--
Ant Bear, 98
darthmann, 96
powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 96
GotTheGoodes, 94
jackster83, 94
mike ross, 94
Ticky009, 87
sataris, 84
Quadzilla, 80
TheDarkDwarf, 75
Firestarter, 67
SarahSmiles, 58
MannumPower, 56
Power Raid, 54
Marklar_33, 49
RPCB, 32
compact72, 24
Near Kern, 11
FW
1. HirdsTheWord, 112
Catsnlakers, 99
MF
1. ant555, 112
philreich, 105
BK
1. powerrrrrrrrrrrr, 96
jackster83, 94
IC
1. GremioPower, 99
Ant Bear, 98

GP's MVP (R15)
GP's MVP (R16)
GP's MVP (EF)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread S32 – Alberton Qootball Club, the Sin City Swamprats [B&F Winner: philreich]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back