Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine for one second if a miracle occurs and we make it past a Preliminary Final.

Imagine all the back patting and mission accomplished vibes that would go through the joint. Then Hinkley would spend the entire week telling the players how scary Grand Finals are. He played in three losing GFs after all so he’s an expert.

Then imagine the entire media narrative and every pub, workplace etc. conversation being “Remember what happened last time?”
Yes indeed Hinks the Jinx played in the 1992, 1994 and 1995 AFL grand final thumpings. He was vice-captain in 1995 after which Ayres sacked him and banished him into coaching, the one career he ever wanted to get into because there was no other career that he could ever think of getting into … like a little boy of six or seven who says he wants to be a schoolteacher when he grows up.

Nicks will probably win both Showdowns this season, after winning both last season, but still be sacked before Hinkley because Koch believes that stability inevitably leads to success.
But Koch thinks we've already been successful, which is why he's a major part of the problem.

Shaun Hart aside, did Hinkley ever bring any assistants he's worked with before to the club?

Bet he's a POS to work with

Imagine for one second if a miracle occurs and we make it past a Preliminary Final.

Imagine all the back patting and mission accomplished vibes that would go through the joint. Then Hinkley would spend the entire week telling the players how scary Grand Finals are. He played in three losing GFs after all so he’s an expert.

Then imagine the entire media narrative and every pub, workplace etc. conversation being “Remember what happened last time?”

Remember how big the monkey on the back going into the 2004 finals series was?

That was off the back of two consecutive losing home Qualifying Finals, and two consecutive losing away Prelims.

The current equation:

• 2 consecutive losing home Prelims,
• 3 consecutive losing finals (including a home SF),
• a record GF defeat last time out,

And Hinkley teams routinely fail tests against the worst Crows outfit of all-time 🤪

Has Hinkley come out of hiding to account for the last performance and held a presser to discuss the bye? How good it is and how we'd like to be as good as the bye, and how good we were against the bye last time we faced the bye and that it's a tough competition with the bye? If so then I'm not looking forward to how well we go with the bye.

unfortunately....
They are too young to really care. Especially JHF, he will
pivot to whoever will make him better. They all will.

Remember how big the monkey on the back going into the 2004 finals series was?

That was off the back of two consecutive losing home Qualifying Finals, and two consecutive losing away Prelims.

The current equation:

• 2 consecutive losing home Prelims,
• 3 consecutive losing finals (including a home SF),
• a record GF defeat last time out,

And Hinkley teams routinely fail tests against the worst Crows outfit of all-time 🤪

Don’t forget the straight sets in 2001. Pretty similar failures 2001-03 to our current equation. Only difference is we didn’t have a complete blowout like 2022 in the lead up unless you start our journey from the 99 finals series and include the 2000 season.

We were 8 and 4 in 2004 too, you see where I’m going with this?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shaun Hart aside, did Hinkley ever bring any assistants he's worked with before to the club?

I think you might be right. I know a former support staffer who told me that on one occasion as they were walking onto AO pregame, he said to Ken “which way is the wind blowing Kenny” to which old amiable Ken replied “I don’t give a ****” The guy, who I have known my whole life and is a solid citizen told me that the coach lost him from that moment on.

I think you might be right. I know a former support staffer who told me that on one occasion as they were walking onto AO pregame, he said to Ken “which way is the wind blowing Kenny” to which old amiable Ken replied “I don’t give a ****” The guy, who I have known my whole life and is a solid citizen told me that the coach lost him from that moment on.
Which tends to back up the thought that it's just a job to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley is the type of guy who would be totally affable and easy to get along with so long as you respected his authority and didn't challenge him on anything. The moment you challenge him on anything his insecurity would come to the surface and he'd turn into a combative, overly defensive dickhead.

This isn't the type of person you want as a leader in a high performance environment.

Hinkley is the type of guy who would be totally affable and easy to get along with so long as you respected his authority and didn't challenge him on anything. The moment you challenge him on anything his insecurity would come to the surface and he'd turn into a combative, overly defensive dickhead.

This isn't the type of person you want as a leader in a high performance environment.
He went berko over a single sign on Port Road.

He's actually going to survive past Beveridge, a guy that started 2 years after him and won a flag plus made another granny. Wild

*while I was double checking the dates on wiki noticed Hinkley is only 57. WTF how does he manage to look 75 when he's barely ever raised a sweat coaching. I bet he's lost heaps on the hounds

The fact he won't go and further his coaching education over the summer like most of the coaches around the country do tells you all you need to know about him "I've been in footy a long time" he's a know it all.

He could outlast Simon Goodwin who won a flag in 2021.

He's actually going to survive past Beveridge, a guy that started 2 years after him and won a flag plus made another granny. Wild

*while I was double checking the dates on wiki noticed Hinkley is only 57. WTF how does he manage to look 75 when he's barely ever raised a sweat coaching. I bet he's lost heaps on the hounds
IMG_1274.jpeg
Given the stories about his dietary requirements while in China I suggest his diet would be responsible for him looking like the emperor before he’s 60…

That and he probably thinks ‘exercise’ is some wanky Lyon street shit Insta users drink in the morning

Yes indeed Hinks the Jinx played in the 1992, 1994 and 1995 AFL grand final thumpings. He was vice-captain in 1995 after which Ayres sacked him and banished him into coaching, the one career he ever wanted to get into because there was no other career that he could ever think of getting into … like a little boy of six or seven who says he wants to be a schoolteacher when he grows up.
I gotta say LH your ability to maintain the rage is admirable 👏

Regardless of what you think of Josh Carr as Hinkley's replacement, I'd love to see us get to the grand final in his first year as coach, to emphasise what a dud Ken is!!!!!

To be fair, we should have seen the writing on the wall in the first Showdown at AO when Hinkley snapped like a Rottweiler at Shaun Hart for putting his hand on his shoulder.

In hindsight, a perfect example of his complete inability to handle the slightest bit of scrutiny and pressure.

Unfortunately, we were all still blinded by the new coach bounce and fairy dust from the AO move. Wouldn’t even last another 12 months though.

To be fair, we should have seen the writing on the wall in the first Showdown at AO when Hinkley snapped like a Rottweiler at Shaun Hart for putting his hand on his shoulder.

In hindsight, a perfect example of his complete inability to handle the slightest bit of scrutiny and pressure.

Unfortunately, we were all still blinded by the new coach bounce and fairy dust from the AO move. Wouldn’t even last another 12 months though.
Nasty, wasn’t it. The dingo within exposed the drongo without.

I have never seen that happen before or since in a coaches box. I am sure there are tense moments etc, but that was totally inappropriate behaviour regardless. I met Shaun Hart once and he seemed like a really nice bloke. Not sure about old Kenny however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back