Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want to remove our debt by the end of 2025. We can not, and have never been able to afford to sack Hinkley. I have posted before our pattern. Won’t make the 8 this year, but will next year and sign him for 2 more years. Hinkley will need to walk, but listening to him talk about Carr and the WCE job, he ain’t going anywhere.

Edit: he comes across as toxic - if he feels 2025 is his last year, he will leave a disaster behind to show his worth

He won’t do a Malcolm Blight and resign from his position because he wants the job and guarantee himself his $1M+ contract per year that he makes, so that’s always never been an option. He had the chance to do so in 2017, when he held the club up for ransom with the GC interest.

Financially, and Chewy316 can correct me if I’m wrong, but the club from a financial pov has never been in a better state. If we want to sack Ken tonight, tomorrow, or anytime during the season, we can, and the debt will still be paid off by the end of 2025. The longer Ken stays on, the more we are just hampering our season and the future moving forward to see whether Josh is the best man moving forward or if we need to continue our search for a new coach.

Last edited:

We want to remove our debt by the end of 2025. We can not, and have never been able to afford to sack Hinkley. I have posted before our pattern. Won’t make the 8 this year, but will next year and sign him for 2 more years. Hinkley will need to walk, but listening to him talk about Carr and the WCE job, he ain’t going anywhere.

Edit: he comes across as toxic - if he feels 2025 is his last year, he will leave a disaster behind to show his worth

There's enough money to sack him. Was an issue in 2022, but it's not now.

He won’t do a Malcom Blight and resign from his position because he wants the job and guarantees himself his $1M+ contract per year that he makes, so that’s always never been an option. He had the chance to do so in 2017, when he held the club up for ransom with the GC interest.

Financially, and Chewy316 can correct me if I’m wrong, but the club from a financial pov has never been in a better state. If we want to sack Ken tonight, tomorrow, or anytime during the season, we can, and the debt will still be paid off by the end of 2025. The longer Ken stays on, the more we are just hampering our season. See whether Josh is the best man moving forward or if we need to continue our search for a new coach.

He's not getting sacked tonight, tomorrow or Tuesday. But today was a step in the right direction to seeing the back of him for good.

The people in charge of making the decision on Ken will wait until the writing is on the wall and there's no turning back.

Chewy316 says we have to be patient 😢

When I say patient, I am merely referring to not happening in the next week. But make no mistake, he's gone no later than the end of the season.

Quite frankly a loss to Richmond could very well see him out of a job before the Carlton game. I personally think results will dictate that he's gone the week of the Showdown assuming 3 straight losses prior (Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne).

Koch has already said good clubs don't sack a coach mid season. They have had 2 opportunities to not renew and they didn't have the guts, so what makes anyone think he's going, he will go when he hands in his resignation.

Exactly; he won’t go. The board won’t sack him. We just stay in purgatory. God help us all.

Feels like every game from the Brisbane game this year, until Hinkley is removed, is just increasing the longevity of damage he is causing.
I didn’t watch the game (on a flight and in Paris actually, will look out for Caro) but everything I’m reading about:

Wines - the guys is a brownlow medalist , Hinkley doesn’t know how to use him.

Boak - tarnishing an otherwise solid legacy.

Butters - at risk of causing the guy to rethink what he is doing here.

JHF - missing out on development, is probably waiting for the inevitable.

Hot Toddy - another wasted year of developing forward craft.

Bergman - Hinkley cant be creative with this guys skill profile. Increasing risk that he leaves.

Etc…

The potential for roadkill is growing every single week that we have Hinkley as coach. The board need to jump in right now. Not for the rest of this year, but for the next three to five years. We are tap dancing on glass as a club right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fixture
Port v Richmond (H) - Win
Port v Carlton (A) - Lose
Port v Sydney (H) - Lose
Port v Melbourne (A) - Lose
Port v Crows (H) - Lose
Port v Fremantle (A) - Lose

This will be the last season for Ken if the last 5 games are losses, which is a very real possibility. Currently sitting 9th on the ladder.

IMO, Bergman is playing his best position. I agreed with the rest.
Sure, but then he tries to squeeze Esava in when fit and shifts him out of his best position. Bergman has been stuffed around this year and hasn’t developed as much as I’d hoped.

Fixture
Port v Richmond (H) - Win
Port v Carlton (A) - Lose
Port v Sydney (H) - Lose
Port v Melbourne (A) - Lose
Port v Crows (H) - Lose
Port v Fremantle (A) - Lose

This will be the last season for Ken if the last 5 games are losses, which is a very real possibility. Currently sitting 9th on the ladder.
There's no way he'll survive a belting by bottom-of-the table Richmond at "tHe PoRtReSs" in a nationally broadcast FTA game at prime time on Saturday night. The media pile on will be intense.

If we really want him gone we should be praying for a 100 pt shellacking by the Tiges. Otherwise it's just going to drag on while West Coast cut our lunch.

Why is Daddy Donuts wearing a hat? He wasn't wearing it while "coaching" on the sidelines, and it's not like he'd suffer from hat hair.

Sack Hinkley
View attachment 2048299
He looks like he's going through chemo or something
Looks so unwell.
Give the game up mate it's clearly getting to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back