Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a low bar mentality and by lowering the bar you are lowering standards and expectation, then every one becomes comfortable.

This is why we see a large margin between are worst and our best and when Hinkley gets challenged, he shows it's not him it's the players by giving them a bit of mouth in fornt of the cameras.

Timmy G is right, we are a very comfortable footy club.

My son is doing an assignment on writing for media. He's chosen AFL as a topic and has asked for me to help him. As a joke, I suggested he write and article titled: Sack Hinkley.

He's now actually going to do it.

Another thing I hate is that when we lose, we often get smashed. Losing is never acceptable, but if we come second in a brutal encounter, that's better than turning our toes up and giving the opposition a massive percentage boost.

Not 1 premiership amongst those 400, such a loser.

Imagine his grand children asking him if he has won a premiership in his AFL days, Ken: No I haven't that's why they call me Daddy Donuts but my win loss record in home and away games was bloody good, Port Adelaide never gave me enough time, any way finals are over rated.

Last edited:
Another thing I hate is that when we lose, we often get smashed. Losing is never acceptable, but if we come second in a brutal encounter, that's better than turning our toes up and giving the opposition a massive percentage boost.

We don't do so well with very close games too. We've won a couple in recent years but we tend to cough up the ball and not have composure nor control of the ball in the last few minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

400 games and zero premierships has to be some sort of a record?

Ross Lyon and Nathan Buckley have him covered.

John Northey, Rodney Eade,
Terry Wallace, Bob Rose and Brad Scott all played in flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back