Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoy boys, his farewell game has finally arrived. You guys win and the media lose. Whatley on SEN today and blamed the players for their efforts, when Kingy asked him for an example he couldnt give any. Total rat.
Thanks for your sentiment but we still don't win. Even if he's sacked this week, the media have still bought him at least 5 years longer than he should have gotten, and it's probably cost us at least one flag.

The fact that he wasn't sacked by (at a minimum) 2019 is astounding.

What reason does Tim have to hold back because it's clear as day that he is...
I have pointed this out on here before, TG sat there next to Rowe and let him call us church mice with not even a response but yet when his mouthing off down at the club, telling the young lads that we exist to win premierships, he accepts Hinkley's pathetic coaching record. Sorry but Tim Ginever turns into one of those church mice, just like Hinkley and our players during finals. He doesn't defend the supporters when Rowe says where are all the Hinkley haters now.

I'm liking the suggestions that Ken will be gone in the event of a straight sets exit next week, but I don't believe it. Under this regime making finals = success and entitles Ken to continue as contracted. And if we have an unlikely win he'll be lauded like the second coming for getting the side up after such an atrocious loss. Either way he's here next year and frankly, if we make finals next year I'll be expecting him to get another extension unless he himself decides to walk away.
If that happens, me getting a Giants membership will become a reality, because I can't stomach another moment of Hinkley.

The complete media love in for Ken is one the most bewildering things I've come across.

Once he's gone we'll look back at this period and just think, what on earth was going on there??

It's not hyperbole to say that it all simplifies down to this within the media.....we win, Ken's responsible, we lose, players are responsible.

Reading things on BF too like Kens coached the team to 2nd on the ladder, now it's up to the players to win the flag, Ken can't do anymore.......what??!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I, like many here, have followed myriad sports and leagues in my life — across a spectrum of closely to casually — and I’ve never seen anything like it.

There was a touch of it when Steve Bruce was being openly derided by the exasperated fans while managing Newcastle, with a bunch of his Man Utd mates in the media claiming he ‘couldn’t do much more with what he’s got’ (sound familiar?), but to be aggressively subjected to the disingenuous gaslighting campaign we have for the better part of a dozen years is absolutely insane.

Malthouse on the ABC on Saturday re: how Port can recover and his advice to Hinkley

"You must walk in on Monday and have the players automatically believe that you believe. You cannot, and I'm sure Ken Hinkley doesn't do this, is put your head down and go 'oh the worlds against us', the players feel that straight away....the facade that you use as a coach is quite unique because you've almost got to convince yourself to con yourself to be up, knowing full well you are up against it".

Mick really hasn't been paying attention to how Hinkley views finals.
And now Mick's old nemesis Brad Hardie has trashed Ken for playing injured players, including Alier Alier and Jason Horne-Francis.

THAT is apparently why Horne-Francis started on the bench.

Ken is a menace and no wonder that other coaching lunatic Don Pyke wants him.

The "Ken doesn't have the cattle" argument is just so laughable. Fact is, you could go through every premiership team of the last 30 years and find a mix of A-Grade talent and honest toilers or role players. No club on earth will ever go out there with 22 A'-Graders. It simply isn't possible with such a thin pool of elite talent nation-wide. It's the good coaches who turn those honest toilers into premiership role players that complement their stars. That is what separates those coaches from the Hinkley's of the world. Hinkley has more than enough elite talent at his disposal, and has had so over the entirety of his tenure. He's simply found wanting when it comes to managing the players who require the most management, plain and simple.
That sub standard cattle was good enough to humble the top team by 19 goals in the not too distant past, proving that maybe it's the farmer that needs to be replaced, rather than the cattle.

Imagine allowing it to leak that if " we lose Friday then I get sacked"

What a amateur organization

You should have been sacked 7 years ago
He'll leak anything to make himself look like the victim. Why is he even thinking about that - he should purely be thinking of winning the flag, not saving his job. Selfish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U reckon Carr gets appointed immediately upon Ken's sacking, or will we go through a faux search?

Not too sure. Let's go one step at a time. First step is getting Hinkley out.

When I first read the reporting of Chad's presser I took it as referring to the team meeting on Saturday morning before the presser, not before the game on Thursday night,

View attachment 2104849

You just hope the players let Kenny down gently when they told him it's not us, it's you, and we want to be coached by other people.

And Bartel is blaming the "coaching team" (at 9:00).

Whenever Port wins, it's because of Kenny and his "connection with his boys!!!!"

Whenever they lose, it's because of the other coaches (Bartel), players (Whateley), the list (Kane), South Australia and Warren Tredrea specifically (Caro) and even the fans (Robbo).

At what point does the buck stop with Ken?

The answer is never.

There will always be a pathetic excuse dished out by one of Ken's media mates as to why the "figurehead" is not responsible for what he is responsible for.

Not too sure. Let's go one step at a time. First step is getting Hinkley out.
Chewy you’ve been strong and consistent on the backing Ken has with CD

Does this change in security for Ken mean CD has opened his eyes or is it more by sheer weight of failure the broader senior leadership team is ignoring CDs opinion on Ken?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back