Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. He had more than his fair share of opportunities. He ultimatelly failed in each one of them.

2013 - 7th
EF:
a, w. 87-63 Collingwood
SF: a, l. 80-96 Geelong

2014 - 5th
EF:
h, w. 132-75 Richmond
SF: a, w. 105-83 Fremantle
PF: a, l. 94-97 Hawthorn

2015 - 9th

2016 - 10th

2017 - 5th
EF:
h, l. 60(16)-(18)60 West Coast

2018 - 10th

2019 - 10th

2020 - 1st
QF:
h, w. 58-42 Geelong
PF: h, l. 40-46 Richmond

2021 - 2nd
QF:
h, w. 86-43 Geelong
PF: h, l. 45-116 Footscray

2022 - 11th

2023 - 3rd
PF:
a, l. 77-125 Brisbane
SF: h, l. 70-93 G.W.S.

--

Finals record (since 2013): 5 wins - 7 losses
Finals record since 2015 (9 seasons): 2 wins - 5 losses

Knockout Finals Record (since 2013): 3 wins - 6 losses
Knockout Finals Record since 2015 (9 seasons): 0 wins - 4 losses

Last knockout Final victory: 2014 SF

Thanks for doing that. I was going to look up Hinkley's finals record. One damning feature is his 0-4 record in Prelim Finals. The worst PF loss was in the COVID season of 2020 when we lost the PF at home by 6 points. We had beaten Geelong who Richmond later beat in the GF and I reckon we would have been a good chance against the Cats in Brisbane. Then again would Ken have got us over the line? Probably not but it sure would have been nice to find out.

That handful of vocal Port supporters who were riding Port to loose earlier in the year in the hope that failing to make the finals in 2024 would somehow force Koch's hand may have been misguided. Given Hinkley's final's record maybe making the finals and going out in straight sets for the second year in a row might be a more damaging stat on Hinkley's CV? Of course we are dealing with David Koch who talks the talk re success but has difficulty walking the walk.

If we lose our way again under Hinkley Koch will probably use injuries to Powell-Pepper and Finlayson and the late season suspension of Dan Houston as reasons for our demise. In Koch's eyes it will not be Ken's fault.

I have to admit that five weeks ago I didn't think we would be in this position with one round to go. I thought we would miss the eight as I could not see us beating Carlton or Melbourne let alone Sydney. But we are there and poor fool me thinks we have a rough shot at it, I hope I am right but given our record under Ken I am also resigned to the probability of another disappointing year.

Yep. He had more than his fair share of opportunities. He ultimatelly failed in each one of them.

2013 - 7th
EF:
a, w. 87-63 Collingwood
SF: a, l. 80-96 Geelong

2014 - 5th
EF:
h, w. 132-75 Richmond
SF: a, w. 105-83 Fremantle
PF: a, l. 94-97 Hawthorn

2015 - 9th

2016 - 10th

2017 - 5th
EF:
h, l. 60(16)-(18)60 West Coast

2018 - 10th

2019 - 10th

2020 - 1st
QF:
h, w. 58-42 Geelong
PF: h, l. 40-46 Richmond

2021 - 2nd
QF:
h, w. 86-43 Geelong
PF: h, l. 45-116 Footscray

2022 - 11th

2023 - 3rd
PF:
a, l. 77-125 Brisbane
SF: h, l. 70-93 G.W.S.

--

Finals record (since 2013): 5 wins - 7 losses
Finals record since 2015 (9 seasons): 2 wins - 5 losses

Knockout Finals Record (since 2013): 3 wins - 6 losses
Knockout Finals Record since 2015 (9 seasons): 0 wins - 4 losses

Last knockout Final victory: 2014 SF

Just a few sleeps away from the annual Hinktologist festival of,

“finals are scary, I’m filling my dacks right now, we have to have 23 blokes play like they were born on the planet Krypton to have any chance whatsoever of maybe, hopefully, possibly, perhaps progressing to the medal rounds 😬

Followed by the usual apologist donks being like,

“poor Kenny never had the cattle! when’s he ever had the irrepressible scoring power of Billy Frampton and Mason Cox, or midfield studs such as Jack Redden and Will Langford?!”

Thanks for doing that. I was going to look up Hinkley's finals record. One damning feature is his 0-4 record in Prelim Finals. The worst PF loss was in the COVID season of 2020 when we lost the PF at home by 6 points. We had beaten Geelong who Richmond later beat in the GF and I reckon we would have been a good chance against the Cats in Brisbane. Then again would Ken have got us over the line? Probably not but it sure would have been nice to find out.

That handful of vocal Port supporters who were riding Port to loose earlier in the year in the hope that failing to make the finals in 2024 would somehow force Koch's hand may have been misguided. Given Hinkley's final's record maybe making the finals and going out in straight sets for the second year in a row might be a more damaging stat on Hinkley's CV? Of course we are dealing with David Koch who talks the talk re success but has difficulty walking the walk.

If we lose our way again under Hinkley Koch will probably use injuries to Powell-Pepper and Finlayson and the late season suspension of Dan Houston as reasons for our demise. In Koch's eyes it will not be Ken's fault.

I have to admit that five weeks ago I didn't think we would be in this position with one round to go. I thought we would miss the eight as I could not see us beating Carlton or Melbourne let alone Sydney. But we are there and poor fool me thinks we have a rough shot at it, I hope I am right but given our record under Ken I am also resigned to the probability of another disappointing year.

Pretty hard to use SPP and Finlayson as an excuse when their absence has coincided with this current run of form. And it will take incredible hubris to blame a half back flanker for a poor finals series this time round too.

The biggest question for me is whether this team as it stands has another gear or two it can crank up to next month. If they can, they will have an incredible chance at a flag. If not, bye bye Ken.

Irrespective of results this year, 12 years has been way too long and Hinkley must go. Recent examples Hardwick gone pretty much beginning of 14th year (3 flags) and Clarkson in his 17th (4 flags). "Time's up" is way overdue for this guy.
It's only year 12 for god's sake. If we stick fat with Ken he can still do a Clarko and salute 4 times by year 17. Then who's going to look foolish?

It's only year 12 for god's sake. If we stick fat with Ken he can still do a Clarko and salute 4 times by year 17. Then who's going to look foolish?

‘What are those ungrateful Sack Ken Port Power sods gonna say when he wins the Melbourne Cup!’

Yeah right, and Stephen Rowe is about to embark on a successful career as a public speaker.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘What are those ungrateful Sack Ken Port Power sods gonna say when he wins the Melbourne Cup!’

If Ken was a horse he'd have been Chum about ten years ago.

Was Rucci in The Beatles?

The guy who left the band just before they got big.

From making millions and dodging thrown panties worldwide, to working in an asbestos mine for 40 years when not going to Everton matches.

The guy who left the band just before they got big.

From making millions and dodging thrown panties worldwide, to working in an asbestos mine for 40 years when not going to Everton matches.
Work in a mine or go to an Everton game... 🤔 That's a lose/lose situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back