Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Now the real stuff begins and it simply must be a grand final or bust for Ken Hinkley’s PAFC career and a premiership or bust for his legacy. Will he go down as a zero premiership player and coach at AFL level? Or can he deliver to the members that elusive 2nd AFL flag they have been demanding?

If he does, there will not be a single member, coach or board member who regrets holding the club and coach accountable to its mission of ‘existing to win premierships” in whatever way they could."
I really hate this.
1724642375146.png
It's just not true or relevant as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't give a damn if Ken succeeds or not. I want to win a flag because I have loved the club, the history, the traditions for over 50 years. I have pride and passion for the club. I couldn't care less who is the coach. Can we just once, not make it about bloody Ken Hinkey!!!!!!

Last edited:
Media: kerny is a genius! He's really turned this team around. And don't the port power fans love him now!

Also media: I don't see port Adelaide as a threat. Yeah theyve gone 7-1 to end the season, had the hardest draw on the run in and went 5-0, but I just dont trust them to go anywhere because redacted

Isn't kerny a genius though and don't those powa supporters have egg on their faces!!

I really hate this.
View attachment 2092299
It's just not true or irrelavent as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't give a damn if Ken succeeds or not. I want to win a flag because I have loved the club, the history, the traditions for over 50 years. I have pride and passion for the club. I couldn't care less who is the coach. Can we just once, not make it about bloody Ken Hinkey!!!!!!
We all want Ken to succeed this year because Kens success IS Port's success. We aren't changing coaches between now and the grand final.

Media: kerny is a genius! He's really turned this team around. And don't the port power fans love him now!

Also media: I don't see port Adelaide as a threat. Yeah theyve gone 7-1 to end the season, had the hardest draw on the run in and went 5-0, but I just dont trust them to go anywhere because redacted

Isn't kerny a genius though and don't those powa supporters have egg on their faces!!
The AFL media would rather Isis win the flag than us, on one hand it's how dare anyone question Camperdown Ken on the other it's Port who? lol

Can I put something out there? Alan Scott had every right to be critical of Mark Williams. Mark Williams had every right to celebrate and call it out when we won. A successful organization holds its people to account for performance. You can argue about the way it all happened but there's nothing wrong with challenging poor performance. You HOPE people respond. Warren Tredrea was right to challenge Ken. Warren didn't say anything unprofessional or personal, he just gave a pretty justifiable opinion. If we won the premiership it wouldn't make him wrong or mean he shouldn't have done it, in fact it could be argued it justifies him doing it. As long as your opinions and criticisms are justified, that's a healthy relationship for supporters and critics to have with a club.

I’ve just listened to it - I didn’t hear him mention “the list”. I heard we’re not one of the best teams in the comp we have to keep working - but I also heard “at our best we can match it with any team”. This was after we were smashed by Brisbane. I was at that game, I would have thought those comments were very optimistic under the circumstances.

Brisbane were 13th going into that game, and were on track to roll us by 100 points at Adelaide Oval before the game petered out.

The same ‘list/squad/team’ that would be capable of rolling the eventual minor premier by 112 points just six weeks later.

In the proceeding booing firestorm, Chris Davies suggested the list might not be good enough, Kane Cornes praised him for his honesty, and then pilloried Warren Tredrea for disagreeing with Davies’ assessment on 5AA.

IMG_0844.jpeg

Spoiler alert: whatever semantics regarding “list” or “team”, it’s not a talent problem. it’s never been a talent problem.

And you’re obviously here looking for schadenfreudian serotonin in regards to an alleged vindication of Hinkley?

Make it make sense.

Group think? Supporting your club is group think?
So you don't want us to win the premiership this season?
I am deadset against the narratives " do it for Kenny" "Kenny deserves a premiership" "no one wants Ken to succeed more than the Port faithful". Not interested. I want to hear the premiership is for the club, jumper and supporters.

Brisbane were 13th going into that game, and were on track to roll us by 100 points at Adelaide Oval before the game petered out.

The same ‘list/squad/team’ that would be capable of rolling the eventual minor premier by 112 points just six weeks later.

In the proceeding booing firestorm, Chris Davies suggested the list might not be good enough, Kane Cornes praised him for his honesty, and then pilloried Warren Tredrea for disagreeing with Davies’ assessment on 5AA.

View attachment 2092411

Spoiler alert: whatever semantics regarding “list” or “team”, it’s not a talent problem. it’s never been a talent problem.

And you’re obviously here looking for schadenfreudian serotonin in regards to an alleged vindication of Hinkley?

Make it make sense.
Definitely not here for the serotonin 🤣 I’m here because I took PowerLil at their word that Hinkley had intimated that we didn’t have the list. I didn’t listen to Hinkleys presser after the Brisbane game until yesterday and it was then that I realised he’d said nothing like that. Somehow the column about Leigh Mathew’s with his sound bites
has resulted in something out of nothing. Unsurprising in the AFL media landscape.

Last year I said I wouldn’t trust the club until we’d won a prelim I’m sticking to that.

It important to stay with the facts though - after that Brisbane game Hinkley said we were outplayed in all phases of the game and that we were poor and learnt what the better teams can do. He said we couldn’t sustain their pressure. He also said there was an enormous amount of upside in our midfield group. He did not say we didn’t have the talent or the list.

Hinkley wasn’t lying when he said at that point that we weren’t one of the best teams in the comp. Whatever he went on to say behind closed doors to the group obviously worked though because since that game we’ve been a different team. Ginnever, Treadrea etc are all saying the same thing, we’re resilient and the pressure stays throughout the game.

I really hate this.
View attachment 2092299
It's just not true or irrelavent as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't give a damn if Ken succeeds or not. I want to win a flag because I have loved the club, the history, the traditions for over 50 years. I have pride and passion for the club. I couldn't care less who is the coach. Can we just once, not make it about bloody Ken Hinkey!!!!!!
The irony that you don’t want to make it about Ken Hinkley but the entirety of this post and 90% of your posts are about Ken Hinkley 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether we like it or not, if we win the flag Ken is going to be the story. So many members of the media have spent years defending his failures and shortcomings, they're not going to suddenly change their tune if he manages to win a premiership.

If the media is going to be insufferable anyway, I'd prefer they be insufferable while I'm celebrating a premiership, rather than while I'm seething at another golden opportunity blown.

Have a gander at the thread title king. It might shock you.
Italian Spiderman Mind Blown GIF

Wrinkles running with Port have the least talent in the 8 and Ken is coach of the year because of it.. tribey ?
****ing hell imagine seeing JHF, Butters, Rozee, Wines, Drew, Boak and Houston rotating through the same midfield and genuinely thinking that. Has to be some weird way of setting up a story.

****ing hell imagine seeing JHF, Butters, Rozee, Wines, Drew, Boak and Houston rotating through the same midfield and genuinely thinking that. Has to be some weird way of setting up a story.
It's Graham Cornes. He doesn't genuinely think it. He's saying it because he'd rather rile up Port fans and help keep his son in a job than have integrity. How do people still not get this?

It's Graham Cornes. He doesn't genuinely think it. He's saying it because he'd rather rile up Port fans and help keep his son in a job than have integrity. How do people still not get this?
Nah I think he does genuinely believe it he just has a hard time accepting anyone at Port is that good outside the obvious, he famously said Port had no right to win the 1990 GF on paper but when you look at the team sheet there's champions galore in that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back