Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the expectation from Kane & Caro that Warren as a board member has to leap to the defense of Ken quite a uniform robot expectation, he said nothing derogatory himself & he was in a medium where callers are allowed to air their opinions unchallenged. In that setting he can say good call even if it's an opinion he's not endorsing, callers and varying opinions is what their show basically is ffs grow up.
Just last week a caller called Kane a flog, among other things, and Kane gave the bloke a prize for his troubles. There's always an example of their hypocrisy.

I would have thought supporters leaving in droves at half time and booing the coach showed the amount of division. Neither of which had anything to do with Warren.

Y'know I heard all this when Port chose not to reappoint Russell as coach, I had people I know abuse me because I sided with the decision to appoint Cahill, I saw the crowds flock to the Lighthouse to protest the decision, and I saw most if not all come back as we started winning premierships.

The players loved Russell and more than that, many of them idolised him as young guys growing up. And guess what? They all stayed and won premierships under Cahill. Many of them called Russell after they won the 1988 flag and thanked him for all he had done for them.

Because they're adults and they understand this is a business and you can enjoy success under Jack while acknowledging the opportunities they had under Russell. And they kind of liked winning premierships.
Thank you Ford

This notion that Ken cannot be replaced because he's a nice dude and well liked is utter folly.

You can (should) do it with class, dignity and respect. Moving people on from roles they're not suited for happens all the time. Often to the individuals betterment.

The problem is we've waited far too long for that now - to Kens detriment.

Had we moved him on in 16, 17, 18 he likely would have recovered quickly, perhaps got a senior development role or equivalent and maintained his standing in the game. And even the club itself.

Have you ever heard a coach sit there in a presser and say their team isnā€™t as good as others but will try to close the gap?

Iā€™ve heard them say ā€œwe arenā€™t playing as well as the top teams right nowā€ or ā€œweā€™ve got work to do to get to the level we need to beā€ but to simply state ā€œwe are not as goodā€ is crazy.

Even if you thought it, why would you set the expectation with the playing list that they arenā€™t as good?

Why? Because your interest is in saving your own hide and downplaying the potential of the team rather than finding a way to maximise it.

This fat, bald, geriatric has to go. Heā€™s actively undermining his own team to save himself. JUDAS, JUDAS ON ALL ACCOUNTS!!!
You just know that Tredders would be fuming at that rubbish.

Let's see if Daddy Donuts can conjure a 13 straight winning streak now. You know, when it matters for the club. That would give me an extension .

A very dependable and honest source from within the club stated that the club "thought this year was going to be the year" we win the flag. So, it is not hard to deduce that it has been dummy daddy donuts and his other egghead syndicate sidekick that have pitched to the board and club that we have the list to do it, and now they're telling the footy world that we don't. Rather than Richardson calling in to play the headmaster with Tredrea, he should be writing a letter of recommendation to the board to have these two swindlers sacked!
Richardson should be one of the first to hand in his resignation. He is inept and was gifted the position.

The guy who sits behind us was telling me that a board member he knows personally told him that Ken was told that this year was a GF or the sack and that the board member is livid with the way things are atm. Itā€™s obviously just rumour and not necessarily trustworthy, but it didnā€™t strike me as something entirely outlandish.

The board wouldnā€™t be split 9-1, they were willing to let him walk to Essendon a few years ago and that was before Tredrea entered the room. The end of Kenā€™s tenure is approaching.
Time for a board level mutiny
Episode 18 Pirates GIF by The Simpsons

Just last week a caller called Kane a flog, among other things, and Kane gave the bloke a prize for his troubles. There's always an example of their hypocrisy.
I guess Kane couldnā€™t argue with the truth though, as he is a flog of the highest order.

Ken the ultimate professional lol

www.afl.com.au

Port's 'toilet paper' moment helped turn the club around

What did Ken Hinkley do when he saw an empty toilet paper roll on the floor?

www.afl.com.au
www.afl.com.au

SOON after getting the gig as Port Adelaide coach, Ken Hinkley saw an empty toilet paper roll on the floor of the clubroom toilets.

He didn't see it as rubbish, but a sign of the decay eating at the AFL club.

If the player responsible couldn't be trusted to show respect to the cleaners, and the next person to use that toilet, could they be trusted on the field in the heat of battle?

So Hinkley summoned the players, demanded to know the culprit, then ordered all players show utmost respect.

"Just an absolute professional," Port's four-time club champion Kane Cornes says of Hinkley.

"Just everything he does, mate, he's an absolute pro."
At least there's 1 use for him.

www.afl.com.au

www.afl.com.au
www.afl.com.au

SOON after getting the gig as Port Adelaide coach, Ken Hinkley saw an empty toilet paper roll on the floor of the clubroom toilets.

If the player responsible couldn't be trusted to show respect to the cleaners, and the next person to use that toilet, could they be trusted on the field in the heat of battle?

So Hinkley summoned the players, demanded to know the culprit, then ordered all players show utmost respect.

"Just an absolute professional," Port's four-time club champion Kane Cornes says of Hinkley.

Now that toilet roll is named Jed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They always say ā€œHinkley has done a great job remember how improved the club is now compared to when he startedā€

Literally I cared more and was invested more in the club in 2011/2012 than I am in 2022-2024
In 2012 I proudly had my membership on auto-renewal.
In 2024 I no longer have a membership.

Not sure if I will ever come back to the club now either. Been 4 years since I chucked in my memberships (plus the 2 kids). I think they have pushed me away completely. Doubt my 2 kids care anymore and they used to love it. Basically 45 years of support and they have killed my love of the club entirely.

Not sure if I will ever come back to the club now either. Been 4 years since I chucked in my memberships (plus the 2 kids). I think they have pushed me away completely. Doubt my 2 kids care anymore and they used to love it. Basically 45 years of support and they have killed my love of the club entirely.
I will not be back in the form I used to be, that's for sure. I just want to see Hinkley and his family suffer for what they've done to me.

To build something grand and new you first must tear down the old and shit. Wilson and co see "a club divided", I see a necessary purging of the old and of everything that has stood in the way. Things always have to get worse, sometimes much worse, before they get better.
The whole thing needs to be torn down. Band-Aid solutions never work and they never last. I think Warren Tredrea is biding his time, playing it cool, and when the time is right he will emerge as one of the few relatively unscathed people and lead the entire club forward. All he has to do is stand firm on his principles, and his history shows that's exactly what he will do. Sit tight, people. Things will get better. Much better.

www.afl.com.au

www.afl.com.au
www.afl.com.au

Great, so we finally know his true calling. Janitor.

AFL membership ended the ability to change your club of support in March this year, I should've changed it to someone else before they locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back