Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footyology Podcast: The hounds are after Hinkley | Footyology

I rolled my eyes at some of the defences of Hinkley in this pod.

"He doesn't have the list!!!!"

Is his list better than Adelaide's? Because he has a negative record against their cross-town rivals.

It's not a list problem. It's a psychological problem.

And what list problems? They have had All Australians, a Brownlow Medalist, excellent draft picks (2018) and a No. 1.

In 2020, they had 5 players in the All Australian Squad and finished No. 1 on the ladder. In 2016, the Bulldogs had 3 players and won the premiership.

But, sure, it's the list that's the problem - not the boring, predictable contested play that leaves it defenders in the lurch, its footballers scrambling to find space and its midfielders exhausted from having to immediately go from offence to defence.

Yep, it's the list.

"Kenny doesn't have the full support of the club!!!!"

Tredrea was elected only last year.

In the prior 11 seasons, the fanbase has been called "white noise" and "two cents" by the club.

How many years (and how many times does the club need to trash the supporter base) before Kenny feels secure?

"The supporters are unreasonable for expecting success!!!"

In the time Kenny has been coach, 66% of the competition has made a Grand Final. 38% has won a premiership.

Is it that unreasonable to expect the club to be in the Top 66% of the competition?

Last edited:
Footyology Podcast: The hounds are after Hinkley | Footyology

I rolled my eyes at some of the defences of Hinkley in this pod.

"He doesn't have the list!!!!"

Is his list better than Adelaide's? Because he has a negative record against their cross-town rivals.

It's not a list problem. It's a psychological problem.

And what list problems? They have had All Australians, a Brownlow Medalist, excellent draft picks (2018) and a No. 1.

In 2020, they had 5 players in the All Australian Squad and finished No. 1 on the ladder. In 2016, the Bulldogs had 3 players and won the premiership.

But, sure, it's the list that's the problem - not the boring, predictable contested play that leaves it defenders in the lurch, its footballers scrambling to find space and its midfielders exhausted from having to immediately go from offence to defence.

Yep, it's the list.

"Kenny doesn't have the full support of the club!!!!"

Tredrea was elected only last year.

In the prior 11 seasons, the fanbase has been called "white noise" and "two cents" by the club.

How many years (and how many times does the club need to trash the supporter base) before Kenny feels secure?

"The supporters are unreasonable for expecting success!!!"

In the time Kenny has been coach, 66% of the competition has made a Grand Final. 38% has won a premiership.

Is it that unreasonable to expect the club to be in the Top 66% of the competition?
If you dont have the list after 12 seasons in charge you should be sacked regardless of what you get out of them. Its your list.

Supporters just expect something new after 12 years of failure.

You all need to tell anyone going to the remaining games not to, only real way the club takes notice, including yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, I’m done for the year. Until he’s sacked anyway. If he’s still in the job next season I’ll hand the membership back.

I’ve heard him a few times now. Is he the guy the club puts forward regularly as the most inoffensive, vanilla interviewee you’re going to get? Just a pointless exercise

I let my membership slide a few years back and wont renew until Hinkley is gone. Like Ken said after his greyhound mate passed, there is more important things than football, I have now realized there is more important things than Port Adelaide.
I will still fight the fight though and just maybe we will get our club back one day, although it will never be the same.

Like, they’re not great but are they that much worse than the Frampton, Mihocek, Moore, Howe key position combo of last years premiership team?

If a game plan and system is developed around them by a good coach then the sky is the limit.

Unfortunately we have Ken Hinkley.
If the senior coach has his players believing that they can walk on water, then anything is possible. At the moment, Mr. Negativity has his players walking on eggshells - no wonder our results are what they are.

I agree that a better coach and system could potentially get more out of the current list, I'm just disputing the general vibe from some on this board that the list is packed with stars on every line and the only thing standing between it and the premiership cup is Ken Hinkley. Definitely could've argued that a few years back but not now.
I don't even expect a premiership straight away, although obviously I wouldn't say no if it were to happen quickly. I just want to enjoy watching Port play footy again - it's an emotion I haven't felt for a very long time, which is why I won't return to Adelaide Oval until Hinkley is gone (watching on TV is bad enough!!!). We were bloody exciting to watch in 2014, and I long for those good old days again.

This guy is going around saying that they are rumours of eggs being thrown at Ken’s house and also Ken has had angry letters with threats abound. Is that true?

93c60eb4a25f18ecd92134825bf56c62.jpg

This guy is going around saying that they are rumours of eggs being thrown at Ken’s house and also Ken has had angry letters with threats abound. Is that true?

93c60eb4a25f18ecd92134825bf56c62.jpg

How does bro have a MySpace in the year of our Lord 2024

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide officials have word with Warren Tredrea to be more careful when talking about the club in the media

Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea following his ‘good call’ comment to a radio caller abusing Ken Hinkley. See what was said here.

Jay Clark and Simeon Thomas-Wilson | The Advertiser

Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea about being more careful when commenting about club matters on radio.

The Power have not threatened Tredrea or tried to gag him but have reminded the champion forward about his obligations as a board member.

Port is keen to avoid another on-air controversy involving Tredrea as the club prepares to take on the Western Bulldogs, which smashed Port in the 2021 preliminary final by 71 points.

Tredrea was forced to clarify his position after saying “good call” to an angry Port fan who labelled coach Ken Hinkley a “con artist” and “delusional” following the heavy loss to Brisbane Lions two rounds ago.

Hinkley fought back tears in a Fox Footy interview with Sarah Jones after leading Port to a two-point win over St Kilda on Sunday amid fierce speculation about his future.

Tredrea explained his “good call” comment was an acknowledgment of the caller rather than endorsement after an enquiry from Port chief executive Matthew Richardson.

But the situation did nothing to enhance the relationship between Tredrea, one of the club’s greatest ever players, and its current coach Hinkley who is in his 12th year in charge.

Tredrea, who said in April last year Hinkley’s position “looks untenable”, was voted on to Port’s board earlier this year.

Port is adamant Hinkley, who has a 61 per cent winning record across his AFL coaching career, has the full support of his players and the board. He is contracted until the end of next season.

Caro on "Footy Classified" calling Tredrea "selfish", "pandering to the rabble" and "could not care less that he's upsetting players, coaches, the board members".

She also blames Tredrea "that's why we saw what we did on the weekend".

It's Tredrea's fault that a 57-year-old man is crying.

Jesus.
Why is the only bloke in the media who truly cares about Port Adelaide copping all the stick? It's insane.

No one jumped the fence and attacked Ken, he was simply jeered. A small price to pay for a 13 goal home loss in season 12 at the helm without any success while collecting millions of dollars I would have thought.

People pay their money and can leave when they like. They have no duty of care to stay if they are not enjoying the product on offer. If it makes some people feel like a superior supporter because they remained watching the debacle " We are true supporters and you have to support the team" And it makes them feel better then good luck to them. Their opinion on what I do with my time means less than zero.

For a lot of people they work pretty long hours and you don't get a lot of free time so it is important to use it wisely. Watching Brisbane pile on goal after goal without resistance was obviously not something many (myself included) wanted to spend the rest of the final term doing.

100%.

The vast majority of dissenters sat through:

• ‘The Dream Final’,
• The 2007 GF,
• Choco’s deathstreak,
• 138/165,
• Every Showdown entered as overwhelming favourites only to lose in humiliating fashion,
• The 2017 Elim,
• The 2021 Prelim,
• 2023 straight sets,

By and large it’s been 20 years of fermented garbage, inclusive of Hinkley’s dozen years of futile misery.

What do they expect from Port fans, honestly?

It’s a trash product served up by trash people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back