Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinkley has two daughters, both are married. Which one is Todd dating?
I heard it on here a few years ago.

No one is frothing over the Crows, just pointing they have a game plan that can take it to the good sides, oh and beating the average sides like Port.
They may have only won 5 games but were unlucky in a few very close ones like we were lucky to win a few very close ones, their percentage is 1% less than ours.

So only pointing out that when you have a coach that has an actual clue about a game style, to beat teams above them they have at least hope of improvement.
We have had a decade to get a winable style in finals and have failed, yes and even failed against the Crows.
pretty sure what you've written above is a copy and paste from the exact same things everyone was saying about the crows last year.

Losing close ones = Good team that's unlucky. Winning close ones = bad team that gets all the luck. That's literally what you are saying?

And as far as the crows having a the game style and coach to beat teams above them compared to us who can't do that is nonsense too. We've actually beaten 3 out of the 4 teams above us and yet to play Sydney. Crows have only won 5 games so it would appear they are struggling to beat anyone regardless of ladder position. They did have a good win against Carlton, GWS and us, but i'm not sure that backs up your argument.

I want to put it out there that i'm not under any illusions here, i think we will make finals and probably go out in the elimination final and have thought that since the Melbourne loss in round 3. But not a snow flakes chance in hell i would trade places with the crows going forward.

Not sure they were ever in the hunt to beat Brisbane either. Looked like Brisbane had the game under control and then put the cue in the rack, Crows tend to fight to the final siren and have a habit of coming back but still losing.

I heard it on here a few years ago.

The old "I read something some random posted on the internet that they claim to have been told by some other random" and took it as fact. :oops:

The old "I read something some random posted on the internet that they claim to have been told by some other random" and took it as fact. :oops:
Not really. I actually thought there was a news article about it but couldn't find. I have a shite memory. I take most things like that with a pinch of salt. It could have been plausible but probs never happened.

Not really. I actually thought there was a news article about it but couldn't find. I have a shite memory. I take most things like that with a pinch of salt. It could have been plausible but probs never happened.

I remember a picture of him with his high school sweetheart, so there's a similarity to old mate in that respect.

Silly question but when did Port ever care what they thought of us? We have always what is best for us and not given two hoots what the neighbours have thought. Time to grow a set again and stop clicking and feeding the BS, I am guilty of it. Tune in to Warren and Timmy, give them your time and numbers to keep them on the air, tune out and turn off anything that isn’t these two lads. Need a boycott on BS Tabloid journalism!

Silly question but when did Port ever care what they thought of us? We have always what is best for us and not given two hoots what the neighbours have thought. Time to grow a set again and stop clicking and feeding the BS, I am guilty of it. Tune in to Warren and Timmy, give them your time and numbers to keep them on the air, tune out and turn off anything that isn’t these two lads. Need a boycott on BS Tabloid journalism!

Makes it tough when Rucci is completely latched onto Koch & Hinkley’s teat as an in-house Goebbels, and Kane/Whateley/Dwayne are all surrogates conveying variations of the official message.

Koch has wanted us to be peoples' second team for some time. This was the ideology behind vanillaisation of the club.

Am I wrong?
Bookies don't seem to think so.
View attachment 2042537
I think we will win more than 2 games. I was thinking 4. Interesting you have us beating arguably our toughest assignment in the run home in Freo in perth but then only winning one of the others that includes playing 4 sides below us on the ladder.

I think we will definitely know more by the end of next week. If we win and Collingwood, Melbourne and Dogs all lose then it will take a 2018 like capitulation to miss.

We definitely should be winning the Richmond game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My biggest takeaway from this if this is true is that senior Port players might be a bit more responsible for these 12 years of failure than many think.
Hold on, you’re telling me 20-something year old blokes have backed in a bloke who have held them unaccountable for 12 years? Human nature is to look for something safe, we are instinctively looking to survive, why wouldn’t ‘senior’ blokes hold the coach accountable if this is all they have known since being drafted, or know what the alternative is like, Clarkson, McKenna, Cameron, Scott, Beverage, Longmire…

That’s what the football department is for, the checks and balances and driving a culture of success, once that is built you then build a culture of sustained success. We have built a culture of sustained, now searching for success.

Am I wrong?
Bookies don't seem to think so.
View attachment 2042537
Mine is dependent on us beating Gold Coast as to whether we make the 8. A win there would have us sneaking into 8th while a loss would have us in 10th. Whatever the case, I also have Brisbane in 5th so it should be a first round exit even if we make it.

I think we will win more than 2 games. I was thinking 4. Interesting you have us beating arguably our toughest assignment in the run home in Freo in perth but then only winning one of the others that includes playing 4 sides below us on the ladder.

I think we will definitely know more by the end of next week. If we win and Collingwood, Melbourne and Dogs all lose then it will take a 2018 like capitulation to miss.

We definitely should be winning the Richmond game.

Really? Have you had a good look at the fixtures? Apart from Richmond which if we don't win, Ken needs to be sacked that night, but I don’t see us winning another game for the year. I hope I’m wrong, but Gold Coast @PFS—we are not winning. Carlton,Sydney,Melbourne and Freo, we are not beating. 3/4 are all in the top 4 discussion and need as many wins as possible to lock up those places, especially Freo. Melbourne in Melbourne at the MCG nah should be close, but Melbourne wins. the G, their fans should be enough for the dees to get over the line. In the showdown, we will get our pants pulled down, and you think we’ll win four games. Good luck to you! I don’t see the optimism that you see, because if you think we will perform the way we did on Saturday against the dogs for the rest of the season, You’ve got rocks in your head. We have all seen this story way too many times.

History says we either qualify well or just miss out.

We've had an even split of making and missing the finals in the past 10 years. When we've made them we've gone 5th (14-8), 5th (14-8), 1st (14-3), 2nd (17-5) and 3rd (17-6). When we've missed them we've gone 9th (12-10), 10th (10-12), 10th (12-10), 10th (11-11) and 11th (10-12).

The reason is pretty obvious and that is if we're ever in a position where we need to win games late in the season to play finals we will inevitably lose them just as we do in the actual finals.

In other words, we'd want to get our skates on and get a few more wins on the board soon because if we need to do it late it's not going to happen.

Koch has wanted us to be peoples' second team for some time. This was the ideology behind vanillaisation of the club.
Who wouldn't want sign up as a casual/secondary Port fan for the AFL media hate bukkake?

Really? Have you had a good look at the fixtures? Apart from Richmond which if we don't win, Ken needs to be sacked that night, but I don’t see us winning another game for the year. I hope I’m wrong, but Gold Coast @PFS—we are not winning. Carlton,Sydney,Melbourne and Freo, we are not beating. 3/4 are all in the top 4 discussion and need as many wins as possible to lock up those places, especially Freo. Melbourne in Melbourne at the MCG nah should be close, but Melbourne wins. the G, their fans should be enough for the dees to get over the line. In the showdown, we will get our pants pulled down, and you think we’ll win four games. Good luck to you! I don’t see the optimism that you see, because if you think we will perform the way we did on Saturday against the dogs for the rest of the season, You’ve got rocks in your head. We have all seen this story way too many times.
I've got us winning 4/7 - i was thinking anywhere between 2 and 5 wins and went with 4. Hardly optimistic. Winning 4/7 is actually a lower winning percentage than we've gone up to this point.

And you've got us winning 1/7? I guess when you are that pessimistic what I'm predicting would seem optimistic.

I honestly don't see how we are not a chance to beat Gold Coast, i think we will win that one personally and the week after against Richmond and at 12 and 6 it will be hard to miss from there.

I think we beat GC, Richmond and Crows and jag one of the others.

Mark Robinson still drinking

Ken has taken more than $9 million dollars from PAFC over 12 years without a single grand final.

Luke Beveridge - 10 seasons, one flag, two GFs. Faces "significant pressure"

Chris Scott has copped plenty but gets another flag meanwhile

Ken Hinkley - 11 seasons, 0 flag, 0 GF appearances.

When all else fails like clockwork the "mental health" please don't "boo" card is being played

And week later Ken all fine finger pointing at Butters on the sidelines

FB_IMG_1720421458974.jpg

Reviewed my hit list posted a few days ago, Josh Carr can take on the senior role over Bucks if the board see fit, Lade moved from Forward line coach to Senior Assistant and Matthew Carr comes on as Forwards Coach. Jaren Carr comes in as Opposition analyst and SANFL top up player.

I do exactly that, without even meaning to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back